Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,153 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,673
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » If you could travel back in time and tell the Pre-TSW-Beta "You" something about TSW, what would you tell yourself?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Chtuga

Novice Member

11/10/12 6:09:04 PM#21

Funny enough, if TSW had released today you would have seen hordes of people leaving another certain game to come here... this is obviously the better game released 2012

Zinzan

Advanced Member

11/10/12 6:57:50 PM#22

Same as your SWTOR thread with an identical title really...nothing really.

I knew the game would have limited appeal, i knew it'd be a good storyline and a fun playthrough, i knew the pvp would suck and i pretty much guessed i'd have completed all the content in a few months.

I guess I was one of the stupid ones who believed FC would actually produce significant monthly update content rather than the chicken-feed they actually offer, but that was more a hope than anything else.

Still, worth the price, 2 fun months, game completed, next please?

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

Zzad

Hard Core Member

11/10/12 7:05:05 PM#23

I would of have told me : "Try longer...play a little more!"

I played the final betas but got very bored of its gameplay & combat at very early level.

Long talks & reads in english (my native language is not translated in the game) helped a lot.

I know you cannot judge a game for its firsts 10 levels...maybe i got a wrong impression.... maybe it´s just not my kind of game...

I should of have tried longer and played more during beta to make up my mind.

FromHell

Novice Member

11/10/12 7:05:42 PM#24

I would tell me:

Prepare yourself to play the best and most innovative MMO- AND RPG in a very long, long time!

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

11/12/12 12:48:22 PM#25

"I know you currently have zero interest in The Secret World, but it will turn out to be pretty interesting. Just wait a bit for the price to drop before picking it up. And the really good news is that Ragnar will finally get to work on Dreamfall Chapters after it launches! In the meantime, spent more time in City of Heroes and see all the taskforces and such. NCsoft is gonna suddenly off it for no apparent reason. And Champions Online is a pretty dull replacement.

...Oh yeah, remember that emergency generator we got after the basement flooding? Go get a real whole-house unit, fueled by the gas line. Maintaining the fridge, freezer, well pump and sump pumps is all well and good, but being locked out of your desktop PC by storm aftermath for over a week really really sucks..."

User Deleted
11/13/12 7:40:42 AM#26

"TSW Is only good for a month, but it's worth buying for that playtime."

"Don't buy Mists of Pandaria, spend it on vodka and mini-pizzas instead."

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 9:01:48 AM#27
this will be the txpe of game you have been waiting forever

this will be the first MMO to challenge your brain and skills

don't expect the average theme park handholding experience

you will expereince the best dev communication and customer service

you will participate in an ongoing story that will blow you away
  User Deleted
11/15/12 11:20:12 AM#28

Originally posted by Yakamomoto
this will be the txpe of game you have been waiting foreverthis will be the first MMO to challenge your brain and skillsdon't expect the average theme park handholding experienceyou will expereince the best dev communication and customer service you will participate in an ongoing story that will blow you away

Pretty accurate, to be honest.

But apparently that was all Ragnar's doing.

We should just wait and see how his new job goes...

UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

11/16/12 11:14:46 AM#29
I would tell myself, "You will never have fun questing in any other game after TSW, because every other game sucks and the developers of every other game put zero effort and innovation into thier games."

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

User Deleted
11/19/12 1:47:57 PM#30
"Ragnar, Funcom, Dream Engine, investigation quests, skill wheel built for horizontal progression, skill synergy, modern setting with a mythical touch...oh...and no elves, dwarves or happy little munchkinlings...GO BUY IT, EXTRACT EVERY OUNCE OF FUN FROM IT AND REALIZE THAT YOU'VE JUST PLAYED A ONE-OF-KIND MMORPG even if your ADD kicks in 2 weeks later and you decide to try another game."
2 Pages « 1 2 Search