Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,374 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,035
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Funcom should have made the game less "On rail" feel to it

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
43 posts found
  atuerstar

Apprentice Member

11/10/12 5:50:06 AM#41
Originally posted by bcbully

The OP argument never made sense to me concerning TSW.  I never did any of the story, and skipped 3 zones. 

There are ZERO quest that you have to do in TSW. ZERO. 

This was also my experience. The completionist in me has me sporadically going backwards to experience "more" of the game, but by no means did I feel strictured and locked down by the systems in game.

As far as I can tell these posters that have so many issues with TSW never really played the game, were just not very good at the game, or never even bothered to read and get better. Rather than blame themselves they go on a misinformation spree and make themselves look even worse.

Tjommis

Novice Member

11/10/12 6:25:17 AM#42
The on-rails feel is all in peoples minds. You can progress at your own leasure allmost entirely. Skill poits comes so fast at later zones you can have access to all main zones in a day.
  Ortwig

Apprentice Member

11/10/12 7:36:50 AM#43
Originally posted by atuerstar
Originally posted by bcbully

The OP argument never made sense to me concerning TSW.  I never did any of the story, and skipped 3 zones. 

There are ZERO quest that you have to do in TSW. ZERO. 

As far as I can tell these posters that have so many issues with TSW never really played the game, were just not very good at the game, or never even bothered to read and get better. Rather than blame themselves they go on a misinformation spree and make themselves look even worse.  

The 3 complaints I have seen:

1. Combat  -- this is usually a complaint about animations, but is sometimes about "spamming" buttons.  The first one may get some agreement, but I think the animations are maybe just average.  The second is one from those who haven't spent  time with the ability  wheel, and haven't understood the combination and synergy of abilities.
  2. Content -- not enough of it.  This is often from content locusts or hardcore sandbox enthusiasts or hardcore raiders, but also has some merit as well; it definitely doesn't have the years of content behind it that WoW does.  I'd argue that the content quality is the highest around, though.  A complaint about being the game being on rails is actually really rare!
  3. PVP - balance issues, zerging, queues in the battlegrounds, no open world.  These complaints are mostly valid and quite a few are being addressed in 1.4
In many cases, though, I see a common thread: (1) people who played the game for 1 day during beta (or something similar), and (2) Funcom haters.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search