Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,816,008 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,215,822
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Just bought the game half off...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
36 posts found
  Acidon

Hard Core Member

Permafried

10/08/12 3:18:12 PM#21
Originally posted by Psychow
Originally posted by Yakamomoto

Content locusts always complain. Any player with a healthy view of the game knows that there is a monthly ongoing story development and fantastic missions which continue the story in TSW in monthly pacing; it´s like an ongoing season of "LOST", something every other MMO can dream of. I only know about STO having "seasons" but no clue if the story content is nearly as good.

We´re now at Issue 3, Issue 4 around the corner and a fat Halloween event starting on Oct 15. Also the community events are awesome. Happy camper here

Are the earlier issues 1 and 2 still available? Or is only the current issue available?

I ask because after several months / issues, that'd be a nice chunk of content for a new player to experience.

All issues remain in-game.  They just keep adding on top every month.  Like legos!  I like legos...

Playing: EverQuest, RiFT, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
http://www.acidonsolutions.com

User Deleted
10/08/12 3:26:23 PM#22
This is great to see!  Currently Im playing Anarchy Online, but will be switching back and forth (between AO and TSW) over and over again.  I keep an active subscription on TSW because the devs need money and I want to give them money because I trust they'll make a good product.  Hope to see a crowded City of the Sun God when I get back in!
  saxifr

Apprentice Member

10/09/12 7:58:23 AM#23
My plan to stretch out the content is to take each of my nine accounts and run them through each quest one at a time instead of nine boxing the way I usually do. Also I am better than u I paid full price so I support the devs more!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

bcbully

Elite Member

10/09/12 8:00:37 AM#24
Tell a friend OP.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

10/09/12 12:07:52 PM#25
Originally posted by Randayn
 I keep an active subscription on TSW because the devs need money and I want to give them money because I trust they'll make a good product.  Hope to see a crowded City of the Sun God when I get back in!

And I want to keep the company healthy if I'm ever to have a prayer of seeing a sequel to Longest Journey and Dreamfall!

User Deleted
10/09/12 9:06:34 PM#26
Originally posted by Draron
Originally posted by jayfeeler69

And I have to say, 4 hours in I'm having more fun than any other MMO I could remember. The community (at least on Arcadia) is very alive and helpful, already joined a Cabal (guild).

What I really like about the game above all is that it's going for a horizontal progression, not vertical as most themeparks are going for these days, the limited skills and perks you can pick for builds, the fact you can keep your character appearance however you want and not be gimped in any way, and the focus on story and atmosphere.

Props to Funcom for not launching a repeat of AO and AoC. 

As you said only 4 hours in you will realize its crap at endgame and that it is an AO an AoC repeat

32 hours in (according to Steam) and still playing more than any other MMO in recent years. If endgame is anything like the dungeon Polaris I've ran twice now, I won't mind it one bit. Haters gonna hate.

Wait till you get to do the Hell dungeons.. Been some of my favourite dungeon experiences to date in any MMO.   There is something about bare-breasted wing female demons that I find irrestable.  Turn tesselation on high and be gorged by a visual orgy. 

remyburke

Hard Core Member

I liked MMOs better when gamers didn't play them, and just geeks did.

10/09/12 9:07:47 PM#27
Great game. I'll definitely get back into it after they add more to do. The foundation is there for sure.

MMORPG.com member: 10th Year Anniversary. Where has the time gone...?

Waiting for: ArcheAge

Played: AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

10/10/12 2:41:09 AM#28
I just didn't like the game personally but I do feel its a good game. It does have issues to me with a bit clunky controls but honestly paired side by side, its very similiar to GW2 but the combat on here feels a bit better. Over-all its not a bad game, just not my type. I do hope this game manages to continue on and be successful. The only part I really felt a big negative with is how heavily cash shop focused it is for just being released and being P2P... still I do wish this game luck and I'm happy games like this come around even if it isn't my thing. 
  Rayshe

Novice Member

10/10/12 2:46:19 AM#29
Originally posted by Purutzil
I just didn't like the game personally but I do feel its a good game. It does have issues to me with a bit clunky controls but honestly paired side by side, its very similiar to GW2 but the combat on here feels a bit better. Over-all its not a bad game, just not my type. I do hope this game manages to continue on and be successful. The only part I really felt a big negative with is how heavily cash shop focused it is for just being released and being P2P... still I do wish this game luck and I'm happy games like this come around even if it isn't my thing. 

Out of Curiosity i want to know what you mean by the Cash shop focused comment. The cash shop has cloths and pets, afew titles. The only other Mechanic things the cash shop has is Name change, Server Change, and Character slots. which you already have 3 of being more than enough since there are only 3 factions. 

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Siug

Advanced Member

10/10/12 3:07:46 AM#30
Originally posted by Rayshe
Originally posted by Purutzil

Out of Curiosity i want to know what you mean by the Cash shop focused comment. The cash shop has cloths and pets, afew titles. The only other Mechanic things the cash shop has is Name change, Server Change, and Character slots. which you already have 3 of being more than enough since there are only 3 factions. 

Yup, a few days ago I discovered that FC has given me bunch of bonus points for using in CS. Bought a dog, new glasses and whatnot and in the end some chinese fireworks because there was nothing else to spend them on. There's only fluff in CS. Even in-game cloth that you get for achievments look better.

GR3NDEL

Novice Member

10/10/12 7:11:54 AM#31
Originally posted by Piiritus

Yup, a few days ago I discovered that FC has given me bunch of bonus points for using in CS. Bought a dog, new glasses and whatnot and in the end some chinese fireworks because there was nothing else to spend them on. There's only fluff in CS. Even in-game cloth that you get for achievments look better.

This.

I can't understand the rage against the Cash Shop - it's 99% cosmetic items and 'fluff'.

CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

10/11/12 2:55:56 PM#32
Originally posted by jayfeeler69

[mod edit]

Who ever said that you "needed" to buy anything at the cash shop? Actually, I don't even know what they have for sale there; I haven't bothered to look, being too busy actually playing. Fortunately FC has not followed SOE's lead in rubbing your nose in it with a huge popup every time you log in.

GolbezTheLion

Novice Member

10/11/12 2:57:58 PM#33
They had it half off on the official site for a weekend, then Steam had it half off for mid-week madness but it ended yesterday.

Damn it, I would have purchased for half off. I should have been paying more attention :(

GR3NDEL

Novice Member

10/11/12 4:28:58 PM#34
Originally posted by CasualMaker

Who ever said that you "needed" to buy anything at the cash shop? Actually, I don't even know what they have for sale there; I haven't bothered to look, being too busy actually playing. Fortunately FC has not followed SOE's lead in rubbing your nose in it with a huge popup every time you log in.

It's been said repeatedly - there's NO items in the cash shop that are necessary to play the game.  None.  Zilch.  Zip.  Nada.  The only items in the cash shop are cosmetic items. 

BizkitNL

Old School

"Free to play, pay to win""

10/11/12 4:35:36 PM#35
I've heard that one a thousand times, OP :). We both know how this will end.

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

Jaedor

Hard Core Member

10/11/12 5:33:35 PM#36

Welcome to TSW, OP. It's a refreshing change of pace.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search