Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,109 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,807
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » Is TSW worth 18 dollars a month subscription ?

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search
105 posts found
  fallenlords

Novice Member

10/05/12 1:51:11 PM#101
We always get screwed in the UK, TSW is not worth £11.49 a month sub in my opinion.  £9.99 tops and even that is stretching it. 

I think you have to ask what are you paying for?  You pay the box price - fair enough, you need to have the game.  But what does you monthly sub entitle you to access - the multiplayer aspect.   Looking at that it doesn't appear to be a prominent feature of TSW.   In other words, from comments already seen the game is a bit empty, especially for beginners.  Groups are a little hard to find, from various accounts.  Game has even been described as more of a single player game.   So I would weigh up whether the sub is worth that aspect.

Then you have the monthly updates, again from all accounts there is debate on the size on the updates and the fact that in comparison these have been getting systematically smaller.  So are they value for money in this day and age with low prices DLC on other games? 

If you do sub, I would sub on a monthly basis.  Don't take advantage of any offers because the game may go free to play and you might get burned.  Funcom are also not to hot on honoring promises they make in some of these deals.  I was promised Closed Beta access to TSW via my purchase of AOC expansion, I didn't get it.

Also thing to bear in mind is something like Darksiders 2 is 50% off on Steam at the moment £12.50 (almost a months sub), with extra content for as little as £3.  You get to own that game come what may and the extra content.  I know it not an MMO, but it's a reasonable game that could quite happily give you a months worth of entertainment (just an example).

Overall I question the value of subs these days, I don't think they are worth the money unless you are 100% into the game in question.

TalulaRose

Apprentice Member

10/05/12 3:16:33 PM#102
By far TSW is worth the monthly sub. The quests are by far the best on the market. I have not played a MMO where the world is full of so many NPCs that have a rich story all to themselves which they are expanding on every month. The story The Binding was just a beautiful tragic story.
  Draron

Novice Member

10/05/12 3:45:11 PM#103
Originally posted by jayfeeler69
Originally posted by Caldrin

was well worth it, for me TSW was the best themepark MMORPG released this year.. nothing comes close to it for me...

Except TOR or GW2 which did far bhetter and have multiple times the playerbase.

I agree, all 3 are great games. I play TSW and SWTOR currently. GW2 I've played through once and jump in an hour or so every few days, but it's not a game I can play long term.

GR3NDEL

Novice Member

10/05/12 5:26:32 PM#104
This question is about as subjective as it gets, but that's all right.  Personally, I think that TSW is worth the subscription.  Not everyone agrees - which again, that's all right.

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

10/06/12 11:11:53 AM#105

TSW worth a subscription??? Hello NO.

I got the lifetime sub grandmaster pack, happy as can be :D

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 Search