Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,246 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,689
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » AR / Pistol Build? Any help please?

5 posts found
  Duilyon

Novice Member

Yes, now please welcome Vlad Vlad.

OP  10/04/12 10:02:33 PM#1

I'm still a pretty big newbie to this game and am having a good bit of trouble deciding on a build. So far I got both blocks of the pistol area and one set of AR skills. 

I am trying to build somewhat of a support build / damage. But I have hit a wall. Unsure of where I should go with my pistol skills and even my AR. I've been trying to find stuff online but not much on AR / Pistol. Wondering if I should just abandone the idea. 

Any suggestions? 

Draron

Novice Member

10/04/12 10:11:44 PM#2

The Solider Deck for Templar is a good base build for AR/Pistol support/damage. Good snares and lot's of AoE damage. You can maybe swap out Sticky Drone with a more support move if you want.

For active's:

Pistol: Sticky Drone, Big Forty Five

Assault Rifle: Hip Fire, Frag Grenade, Tactical Retreat, Razor Wire, Shellshocker

For passive's: 

Pistol: Quick Forty Five, Closer

Assault Rifle: Lucky Bullet, Steady Hip Fire, Explosive Alert, Accuracy, Demolition Man

If your Templar you unlock a nice set of clothing when you unlock the skills too. 

Befuzin

Novice Member

10/04/12 10:29:12 PM#3

AR/Pistols works really well together for damage/support and even healing. The problem is that in the beginning you have a very limited amount of skills/passives to choose from. My suggestion would be to focus on the AR as your primary weapon and use the pistols for 1-2 buffs and to suppliment what your lacking with your AR.

Personally I have mostly AR skills (because I like the range) apart from "Big .45" and the pistol buff that gives extra crit chance.

But the best advice would probably be to keep experimenting! Have a look around in the skill wheel.. those passive abilities can make for some really weird/fun hybrid builds!

Duilyon

Novice Member

OP  10/04/12 10:39:18 PM#4

Thanks a lot! 

I have about 36 AP saved up just waiting for me to figure out what to do with them! I'll link my page if i can figure out how to even find it

Duilyon

Novice Member

OP  10/04/12 10:44:08 PM#5