Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,778 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,115
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
87 posts found
  Seilan

Apprentice Member

"Blue, blue."

6/28/12 12:36:10 PM#81
Originally posted by JuJutsu
Originally posted by Mexorilla
Originally posted by Enliven

I'm glad there's lots of things to like about TSW, it makes up for the worst character creation I've ever seen in an mmo.

did you ever play world of warcraft?

Yes. The only character creation system I've seen that competes with TSW is Planetside, a pure pvp game where the avatar is just a weapons platform.

I don't believe you really did play WoW, if you actually think the character creator is better there than on TSW. Way to exaggerate.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the TSW creator (I'm not really, and I'm hoping they will improve it) but to say it's the "worst you've ever seen"...well, you haven't played many mmos in the last decade then.

JuJutsu

Novice Member

6/28/12 1:16:57 PM#82
Originally posted by alacres

I'm glad there's lots of things to like about TSW, it makes up for the worst character creation I've ever seen in an mmo.

Yes. The only character creation system I've seen that competes with TSW is Planetside, a pure pvp game where the avatar is just a weapons platform.

I don't believe you really did play WoW, if you actually think the character creator is better there than on TSW. Way to exaggerate.

I'm not saying I'm happy with the TSW creator (I'm not really, and I'm hoping they will improve it) but to say it's the "worst you've ever seen"...well, you haven't played many mmos in the last decade then.

Well I guess we can compare when we started playing and what games we've played. Do you want to go first or shall I?

Seilan

Apprentice Member

"Blue, blue."

6/28/12 1:52:16 PM#83

Well I guess we can compare when we started playing and what games we've played. Do you want to go first or shall I?

Gladly. I started playing online games in 2000, and in that time, I've played many games that have had worse (or at least comparable) character creators:

Everquest (my first)

Ultima Online

DAoC

Asheron's Call

FFXI

Anarchy Online

WoW

Lineage 2

Ragnarok Online

Guild Wars 

Warhammer Online

I'm sure I could think of more, but this should suffice.

Like I said, the TSW creator could definitely use some improvement, but to say it's the "worst" is being a tad melodramatic.

JuJutsu

Novice Member

6/28/12 2:24:44 PM#84

Gladly. I started playing online games in 2000, and in that time, I've played many games that have had worse (or at least comparable) character creators:

Everquest (my first)

Ultima Online

DAoC

Asheron's Call

FFXI

Anarchy Online

WoW

Lineage 2

Ragnarok Online

Guild Wars 

Warhammer Online

Like I said, the TSW creator could definitely use some improvement, but to say it's the "worst" is being a tad melodramatic.

I started at the end of 1999 with Asheron's call. A friend of mine tried to get me play UO but
I didn't care for the 2 1/2D isometric graphics. He did convince me to play AC & I loved it. The list:
Asheron's Call (1 & 2), Everquest (1 & 2), DAoC, Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW,
City of Heroes, Eve Online, Ryzom, Guild Wars, Planetside, 9Dragons, Vanguard, LOTRO, DDO,
Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Fallen Earth [current], SWTOR [current].
I don't include World of Tanks [current] or my brief foray into Second Life.
I stand by my disgust with character creation in TSW and my ranking of it compared to other games.
I believe my experience is at least equal to yours. 

Seilan

Apprentice Member

"Blue, blue."

6/28/12 7:22:06 PM#85

Everquest (my first)

Ultima Online

DAoC

Asheron's Call

FFXI

Anarchy Online

WoW

Lineage 2

Ragnarok Online

Guild Wars 

Warhammer Online

I started at the end of 1999 with Asheron's call. A friend of mine tried to get me play UO but
I didn't care for the 2 1/2D isometric graphics. He did convince me to play AC & I loved it. The list:
Asheron's Call (1 & 2), Everquest (1 & 2), DAoC, Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW,
City of Heroes, Eve Online, Ryzom, Guild Wars, Planetside, 9Dragons, Vanguard, LOTRO, DDO,
Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Fallen Earth [current], SWTOR [current].
I don't include World of Tanks [current] or my brief foray into Second Life.
I stand by my disgust with character creation in TSW and my ranking of it compared to other games.
I believe my experience is at least equal to yours. 

Well, I can agree that it's lackluster so far, but I've definitely seen worse (most in my list are either as bad, or worse.)

All we can hope is that they improve it.

Revenus

Novice Member

6/28/12 7:36:53 PM#86
Originally posted by Arkain

If I can make my self, I'm happy

About damn time.  Every mmo I have played in ages I either have to look like a middle aged accountant who shops at Nordstroms when he is not busy taking his kids to soccer practice or I have to be an androgynous asian character with wings and an armor wedgie.

Just for this reason alone I am going to give funcom a chance at taking my money.

"There is a certain undeniable power in the void; within lies an unspoken promise of greatness, the shadowy truth that man is ruled by fear not of what is seen, but of what he perceives is seen beyond."

Deepcuts

Novice Member

6/28/12 7:47:57 PM#87

People, this is the same company that fkd Anarchy Online. Lots of promises, but nothing done in the end.

Fun?com is only good at "taking your money"

Forget about this game

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search