Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | H1Z1 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,026 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,542
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
52 posts found
  Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

6/23/12 10:40:25 AM#21

I really enjoyed my BWE in TSW a few weeks ago and even though I was invited to continue enjoying the BWEs, I passed because I want everything fresh when I start during pre-launch. I really enjoy the lovecraft-ish environment and felt a gnawing tug and curiosity to dig deeper when tackling the main and side quest presented. Even though I plan on playing a templar upon release I cannot wait to dig deeper into the mystery of Kingsmouth. I didn't feel any urge to "outlevel" other players like I normally do in other mmos because the stage we play on feels more "organic" in a way. It's like I know there is a world out there beyond my order and this one town. And 2 other  factions are jockeying for power to "fix" the world according to their own views. So it brings a sense of camaraderie when I see other players running around trying to make things "right" around me and not competition. Honestly, it really made me feel like I could take the questing at my own pace.

Anyway enough of my rambling on and on. I'll see the rest of you fellow templars come pre-launch day.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

mbd1968

Elite Member

6/23/12 8:54:35 PM#22

I must be playing a different game to the rest of you because I thought it was just OK.  Apart from being skill based and set in the modern world there's nothing special about it. nothing that other MMOs do not offer. I had high hopes for the game but didn't pre-order, for which I am glad. If it was f2p I would probably play it but i don't think it's worth a subscription.

It goes in the box labeled "Promised so much but failed to deliver" along with too many other MMOs released in teh last few years.

Boldyn

Novice Member

6/23/12 9:00:11 PM#23

Biggest Kudos for showing up at a forum dedicated to mmorpg...and at the same time being the absolute most hatefull, badmouth, narrowminded, grudgy, mindnumbingly silly place for mmo gamers! ;)

I mean if you ever did 1, small, totally insignificant misstake in the last 100 years as a company..you will hera about, like..forever! :)

Either way, thank you for the fresh game, see you soon on launch!

ersingible

Apprentice Member

6/23/12 9:04:27 PM#24

Loving it!

I am in the beta weekend now and have been very pleasantly surprised by the improvements they made to the combat. Pistols finally feel decent.

Love the quest system too.

Only worried that due to pressure (from ppl with ADD) they might dumb down the quests. TBH, I even wanted the indicators removed. Would have been even better if we had to find those clues without them.

Only thing is ... the starting area (Kingsmouth) is too easy. Distinct lack of fear (at least until you get to the shore).

cura

Novice Member

6/24/12 7:06:55 AM#25

After triyng the beta i can say its the worst mmo ive tried. Moslty due to very weak combat system. Having 500 skills doesnt help, since they are all lucklaster and just simply boring. If you add very poor combat animations to that... imo its a disaster.

Graphics is ok, sound is ok. Maybe story is good but i wont give it a chance becouse of combat system.

gamekid2k

Novice Member

6/24/12 2:47:07 PM#26
I tried the beta and I am sold! I am placing order now. Btw I did not like the illum intro / tutorial and almost quit. Once I landed in the island I was hooked

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

6/25/12 5:01:15 AM#27

After a couple weekends of beta I'm sold. Pre-ordered yesterday.

I do agree that this game would work better as a single-player/coop RPG than MMO. The questing is the best I've experienced in MMOs and actually beats many single player RPGs too.

Gotta check the dungeons too in release, as I'm hearing a lot of positive chatter about them.

Buttski

Advanced Member

6/25/12 5:03:53 AM#28

my opinion is quite the opposite  :P

Aeolron

Apprentice Member

Everyones a mmo vet these days :P

6/25/12 5:06:38 AM#29
Originally posted by ShakyMo
One played both gw2 and tsw betas, its annoying we are getting 2 good mmos the same year. (well 3 if planetside2 makes it) I would have loved one of these to be out a few months back when were in the era if sub par wow clones with a gimmick.

I agree with you, both are amazing games but if I had to pick just one it would be TSW.

But since thats not the case :) thank god! haha I will be playing both games, looking forward to these games!!!!

pwain

Novice Member

6/25/12 5:08:17 AM#30

I played the Beta for PvP yesterday. I got some token I can change for PvE stuff. This is not really awesome to make pvp for pve stuff.

Elsabolts

Hard Core Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

6/25/12 5:09:19 AM#31

Funcom's track record on games they have made does not say Awesome !

Aeolron

Apprentice Member

6/25/12 5:11:51 AM#32
Originally posted by Elsabolts

and what did Funcom do to deserve such a comment? Since Anarchy online  Ithought they made great games, some of the launches are not so good but every company goes through that.

So yet again, what did Funcom do to warrent such a response?

tom_gore

Apprentice Member

6/25/12 5:13:27 AM#33
Originally posted by Aeolron
Originally posted by ShakyMo
One played both gw2 and tsw betas, its annoying we are getting 2 good mmos the same year. (well 3 if planetside2 makes it) I would have loved one of these to be out a few months back when were in the era if sub par wow clones with a gimmick.

I agree with you, both are amazing games but if I had to pick just one it would be TSW.

But since thats not the case :) thank god! haha I will be playing both games, looking forward to these games!!!!

Yep. TSW is launching next week and GW2 will probably barely make it into Christmas this year. I expect that I will be through TSW's meaningful content in 1-2 months and then it's again waiting for GW2 and PS2.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

6/25/12 5:16:06 AM#34

Have really enjoyed all of Funcoms MMORPGs infact they have been some of the best of the market..

So I trusted Funcom to make another good game and I pre-ordered. I am glad I did as this is an awesome game for me some of the most fun I have had in a themepark MMORPG for a very long time.. Dont think any themepark game is coming out this year is gonna get even close to this game..

Cant wait for the weekend and headstart now :)

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Aeolron

Apprentice Member

6/25/12 5:21:21 AM#35
Originally posted by Caldrin

Have really enjoyed all of Funcoms MMORPGs infact they have been some of the best of the market..

So I trusted Funcom to make another good game and I pre-ordered. I am glad I did as this is an awesome game for me some of the most fun I have had in a themepark MMORPG for a very long time.. Dont think any themepark game is coming out this year is gonna get even close to this game..

Cant wait for the weekend and headstart now :)

+1 to that!

Elsabolts

Hard Core Member

6/25/12 5:29:04 AM#36

and what did Funcom do to deserve such a comment? Since Anarchy online  Ithought they made great games, some of the launches are not so good but every company goes through that.

Ok Aeolron i will not post everything i know about Funcom but just one personel example. Bought collectors edition plus a 6 month sub to AOC and beta tested it. Around the 6 week mark after launch in there forums i asked this question " When will the 100 vs 100 pvp be fixed and when is the Barroom Brawling gonna be added ? I received a permannant ban for this question. Uninstalled the game and throw the collectors addition in trash.

Aeolron

Apprentice Member

6/25/12 5:34:34 AM#37

Ok Aeolron i will not post everything i know about Funcom but just one personel example. Bought collectors edition plus a 6 month sub to AOC and beta tested it. Around the 6 week mark after launch in there forums i asked this question " When will the 100 vs 100 pvp be fixed and when is the Barroom Brawling gonna be added ? I received a permannant ban for this question. Uninstalled the game and throw the collectors addition in trash.

Wierd and harsh.

Wierd for one because I asked a similar question and they answered with pretty good customer service, and 2. I did something bad in AOC myself and get suspended for 2 days ( Which I deserved btw ) so my guess is either you were offensive in some way that caused such a serious ban or you are making this stuff up to put down funcom, either way if you have a screenshot of your conversation and ban type ect I would believe you, because I never heard of bans of that type before in my life.

Elsabolts

Hard Core Member

6/25/12 5:41:34 AM#38

Aeolron i do not lie and I asked my question as posted.

" Charile Mike "

Blackbrrd

Novice Member

6/25/12 5:47:28 AM#39

AoC never had 100 v 100 PvP. They did say they had Sieges which were 48 vs 48 that didn't work at launch and got better after a while, but never got to the polished stage. You will be glad to hear that 100v100v100 works fine in TSW. I am guessing they are going to backport the engine changes they made in TSW to get sieges in AoC up to scratch.

Regarding the Barrom Brawling - yeah it never made it into the game. They have fightclubs in TSW though.

Anyway, you didn''t have to check out their trackrecord to see how TSW works, you could just have played it and seen how good it was. ;)

Somsbal

Novice Member

TIËSTO RULES

6/25/12 5:48:08 AM#40

Around the 6 week mark after launch in there forums i asked this question " When will the 100 vs 100 pvp be fixed and when is the Barroom Brawling gonna be added ? I received a permannant ban for this question. Uninstalled the game and throw the collectors addition in trash.

Because that's obviously the full story...............

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search