Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | ArcheAge | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,772,690 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,486
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » TSW, i prefer a gamble.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
75 posts found
  jdnyc

Apprentice Member

5/04/12 1:37:26 AM#61
Originally posted by //\\//\\oo

We'll see how much more you'll be able to hype this game if it ever enters open beta. Oh wait, it's approaching release and we've yet to hear hardly anything about an open beta.

Do you think anybody is going to buy that elitism and go out and play it to make themselves feel smarter?

No Open Beta, but anyone can get in with a pre-order and playing The Secret War.  The betas won't have a NDA either.

So, we'll find out the real deal soon enough.

There's a lot of people whom are really interested in the intelligence level of the game and if it will really be challenging.  

I do think that will keep it from being a massive hit, but perhaps it will keep a strong core of players and grow from there.

Like EvE did.

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

5/04/12 3:26:25 PM#62

We'll see how much more you'll be able to hype this game if it ever enters open beta. Oh wait, it's approaching release and we've yet to hear hardly anything about an open beta.

No online game that requires a subscription fee and hence wants to optimize the number of subscriptions would want to launch without hype. No hype and a lifetime subscription sort of implies that it's expecting itself to flop, or maybe investors got savvy after Funcom screwed up their last two online projects.

Calling other people stupid won't help you sell your game. In fact, people like you barely do anything to sell it as it is. Do you think anybody is going to buy that elitism and go out and play it to make themselves feel smarter?

It's simply asinine.

People don't play online games to be academics, they get PhDs.

LOL you are sooo funny, we are in The Serret World forum, we are not hyping the game by talking about TSW here, that is what this forum is for, 

Oh, you might not know there is a FREE Open Beta on the 11th.

Anyone can get in to it from playing "The Secret War" Facebook game, and it only takes 2-3 days of play to get in to the beta and cost NO MONEY to get in.

See link:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/349276/Is-anyone-still-having-an-issue-with-Secret-War.html

(you spend sooo much time here, I bet we will see you there) 

Fixing you little tag line:

"People don't play online games to be academics, they get PhDs,

however people with PhDs do tend to prefer more intelligent/academic online games"

There FIX it for you, you seemed to forget to finish it. 

User Deleted
5/04/12 9:55:48 PM#63
Originally posted by Arkain

LOL you are sooo funny, we are in The Serret World forum, we are not hyping the game by talking about TSW here, that is what this forum is for, 

Anyone can get in to it from playing "The Secret War" Facebook game, and it only takes 2-3 days of play to get in to the beta and cost NO MONEY to get in.

See link:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/349276/Is-anyone-still-having-an-issue-with-Secret-War.html

however people with PhDs do tend to prefer more intelligent/academic online games"

That's not open. That's forcing you to do something to enter it.  I don't use facebook, never have and never will. It's just a liability.

Can you provide evidence that people with PhDs "tend  to prefer more intelligence/academic online games"?

People with PhDs play WoW, Doom 1-3 etc.

Personal preferences don't correlate with intelligence in any form, or maybe I should start calling people who don't like chocolate peanutbutter sundays retards.

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

5/05/12 4:18:06 PM#64

See link:

That's not open. That's forcing you to do something to enter it.  I don't use facebook, never have and never will. It's just a liability.

Can you provide evidence that people with PhDs "tend  to prefer more intelligence/academic online games"?

People with PhDs play WoW, Doom 1-3 etc.

Personal preferences don't correlate with intelligence in any form, or maybe I should start calling people who don't like chocolate peanutbutter sundays retards.

1) Ahhh, I see, in your idea of "Open Beta" you do nothing for game entry, lol

So no game has ever hade an open beta, ever, in all of time.

I'm sorry but it is an open beta, your issue is that you done want to play, I will explain:

You are saying that it is not open beta becouse you play a FREE game to get in that would only take you 2-3 days (and thats not using your full day, about 2-15 hours) to get what you need to win (1200 points).

OK, on that same line of thinking, one could say that an open beta is not open due to having to install the program, or turn on your own computer, or even having to have access to a computer! lol.

Good try, but IMO thats a really weak rebuttal. 

2) "Can you provide evidence" 

For now I will provide the same as you have for your statment of:

"People don't play online games to be academics, they get PhDs"

With a little more: 

Tha mind need to be entertained, this is why we dream when we sleep and why we play games as well.

The more intelligent and agile the mind is, the more advanced the entertainment must be, this is why a dog is happy with a stick and you play on this forum, I hope you understaned (but I do not thing you would ever admit it if you agreed).

3) Statments you have made:

"Personal preferences don't correlate with intelligence in any form, or maybe I should start calling people who don't like chocolate peanutbutter sundays retards."

AND

"Since when has story ever meant anything related to intelligence? I guess people who played through SWToR should get PhDs then"

To paraphrase  Shakespeare "The //\\//\\oo doth protest too much, methinks".

You have made statments that seem to sugest that you, or others might no think you are intelligent, 
I beleve you are, or I would not be conversing with you, and you are more then intelligent enough to play any MMORPG that is, or is coming out.

Play the games you like, we will do the same. 

User Deleted
5/05/12 7:26:32 PM#65

I'm sorry but it is an open beta, your issue is that you done want to play, I will explain:

You are saying that it is not open beta becouse you play a FREE game to get in that would only take you 2-3 days (and thats not using your full day, about 2-15 hours) to get what you need to win (1200 points).

OK, on that same line of thinking, one could say that an open beta is not open due to having to install the program, or turn on your own computer, or even having to have access to a computer! lol.

With a little more: 

Tha mind need to be entertained, this is why we dream when we sleep and why we play games as well.

The more intelligent and agile the mind is, the more advanced the entertainment must be, this is why a dog is happy with a stick and you play on this forum, I hope you understaned (but I do not thing you would ever admit it if you agreed).

"Personal preferences don't correlate with intelligence in any form, or maybe I should start calling people who don't like chocolate peanutbutter sundays retards."

AND

"Since when has story ever meant anything related to intelligence? I guess people who played through SWToR should get PhDs then"

You have made statments that seem to sugest that you, or others might no think you are intelligent, 
I beleve you are, or I would not be conversing with you, and you are more then intelligent enough to play any MMORPG that is, or is coming out.

1) Open beta => account creation at most required. 2-3 days of play, especially of a facebook game, is substantial given the opportunity costs for a lot of people. For some people that amounts to paying a small fee.

2) So you're agreeing with me and saying that the PhDs who do play WoW are entertained, because WoW is a complex form of entertainment? The implication is that TSWs complexity might only match that of WoWs.

Or are you saying that the PhDs/scientists who play WoW are stupid?

3) So you're insulting me personally now? You might want to improve your English skills before you do that, friend, or do you happen to hail from Norway with English not being your native language?

Just a hunch, yah know.

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

5/05/12 8:21:53 PM#66

With a little more: 

AND

1) Open beta => account creation at most required. 2-3 days of play, especially of a facebook game, is substantial given the opportunity costs for a lot of people. For some people that amounts to paying a small fee.

2) So you're agreeing with me and saying that the PhDs who do play WoW are entertained, because WoW is a complex form of entertainment? The implication is that TSWs complexity might only match that of WoWs.

Or are you saying that the PhDs/scientists who play WoW are stupid?

3) So you're insulting me personally now? You might want to improve your English skills before you do that, friend, or do you happen to hail from Norway with English not being your native language?

Just a hunch, yah know.

1) Lol, seeing how that is your personal definition, to each thier own, I do not see playing a game as a payment, but I do see how playing the FB game does inprove playing The Secret World. I am sorry if it is beyond you to see the value.

2) That is not what I stated, you will need to re-read it, I guss, (hint: it is NOT an "ether or" statment, you will understand it at sume point. Good try, keep at it 

3) On "So you're insulting me personally now?":

So...saying: "I beleve you are (intelligent), or I would not be conversing with you, and you are more then intelligent enough to play any MMORPG that is, or is coming out." is a personal insult to you?

LOL, just an observation, your response seems (imo) to show a ring of truth to it. you never said that I was increct, yet you still seem to address it, as if it bothers you, once again just an observation.

On "improve your English skills":

The quotation "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." comes from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II, where it is spoken by Queen Gertrude, Hamlet's mother. The phrase has come to mean that one can "insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what one is saying."[1] The phrase is often misquoted as "Methinks the lady doth protest too much."[2] and is commonly used in the second person as "Methinks thou dost protest too much."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much,_methinks.

I can only say to that, read the book, it is slow at points, but really good, once you get in to it.

On "hail from Norway":

I really expected more from you, I list that information in my profile here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm?username=Arkain

And yes that is a real picture of me, and the location is right. their you go  feel better.

User Deleted
5/05/12 10:06:00 PM#67

On "hail from Norway":

And yes that is a real picture of me, and the location is right. their you go  feel better.

Oh yeah? Well I'm a polar bear from Atlantis. You're not a native English speaker, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

5/06/12 5:02:33 PM#68

On "hail from Norway":

Oh yeah? Well I'm a polar bear from Atlantis. You're not a native English speaker, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Hi  //\\//\\oo,

On "You're not a native English speaker, not by any stretch of the imagination."

This should answer that (if you care to look at it, but if not, thats ok as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkQkcY1vYg&feature=g-upl

After this we should let the thread get back on track. 

"Claw up to the Bears" 

bcbully

Elite Member

5/06/12 5:05:21 PM#69

On "hail from Norway":

Hi  //\\//\\oo,

On "You're not a native English speaker, not by any stretch of the imagination."

This should answer that (if you care to look at it, but if not, thats ok as well):

"Claw up to the Bears" 

From one black man to another, how the hell did you get to Norway!?1

Arkain

Apprentice Member

Hows your google-Fu?

5/06/12 5:11:57 PM#70
Originally posted by bcbully

On "hail from Norway":

Hi  //\\//\\oo,

"Claw up to the Bears" 

From one black man to another, how the hell did you get to Norway!?1

LOL, I know, right! 

User Deleted
5/07/12 3:09:02 AM#71

Hi  //\\//\\oo,

"Claw up to the Bears" 

I appreciate the lengthy reply. What else is there to say? I'm bested, or at least my paranoia is.

Although it was recorded inside and.. no.. I suppose I'll restrain myself, until I look even more stupid.

ruejacobs

Novice Member

I'm typing this with my middle finger.

5/07/12 12:21:40 PM#72

Hi  //\\//\\oo,

"Claw up to the Bears" 

I appreciate the lengthy reply. What else is there to say? I'm bested, or at least my paranoia is.

Although it was recorded inside and.. no.. I suppose I'll restrain myself, until I look even more stupid.

I can vouch for where it was recorded. It was recorded in our computer room.  That's my office chair behind him in the video.

Because he and I live together. 

;P

I am not from Norway. Nor am I a polar bear.

GoldenArrow

Apprentice Member

5/07/12 2:03:33 PM#73
Originally posted by ruejacobs

Hi  //\\//\\oo,

"Claw up to the Bears" 

I can vouch for where it was recorded. It was recorded in our computer room.  That's my office chair behind him in the video.

Because he and I live together. 

;P

I am not from Norway. Nor am I a polar bear.

That's exactly what a Norwegian Polar Bear would say!!

No wait... 8)

dageeza

Apprentice Member

5/07/12 2:20:18 PM#74

If you are looking for a gamble TSW with the combined failsauce of funcom and EA will be your best bet, you should sweeten the pot and go for the $200 lifetime and i will see ya in the game in 2014 when it goes F2P!

Playing GW2..

GoldenArrow

Apprentice Member

5/07/12 2:23:26 PM#75
Originally posted by dageeza

If you are looking for a gamble TSW with the combined failsauce of funcom and EA will be your best bet, you should sweeten the pot and go for the $200 lifetime and i will see ya in the game in 2014 when it goes F2P!

Another one who doesn't know that EA is just distributing the boxes in NA.

Your efforts are good but your results are poor.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search