Trending Games | EverQuest | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,770 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,361
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 07/03/12)  | Pub:Funcom
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$30.00 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

The Secret World Forum » General Discussion » TSW now taking pre-orders

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Xthos

Advanced Member

4/03/12 1:35:23 PM#21

I am really interested in this, but the push back, making it close to GW2 really sucks, I was hoping to play this for a while...Then get GW2 and maybe play both, but I am not a big multi-game player...  Not as much free time as I use to have to do that.  I may get it anyway, but I need to see more stuff to get a feel on what it will be like.

Thanks for posting though, a guy at my work is really looking forward to this, so I can go tell him.

SimonVDH

Novice Member

4/03/12 1:45:53 PM#22
Originally posted by Kabaal
Originally posted by Slukjan do you think a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo would run the game?

TSW uses the same engine as AoC so yuo'll probably struggle.

Seriously? I don't follow this game so I don't know if it's true, but if it is, than this alone should be enough information for anybody  to stay away from it. Even if it's free to play.

drakes821

Apprentice Member

4/03/12 2:09:43 PM#23
Originally posted by Charas

I would never pay to beta test a game. If anything they should be paying the testers, not the other way around.

If all the beta testers are infact paying customers do you really think they're gonna bother with bug/exploit reporting? Hell no.

End result is a useless beta phase and most likely a broken game at release.

No thanks.

These pre-order beta's are very common nowdays and are meant as a marketing technique, not to actually test the game like a real beta.

I do agree they are a bit stupid but saying the game will be buggy because of them is a bit ignorant IMO as some of the most polished MMO's at lauch (DCUO, RIFT, and by the looks of it Tera) have used the pre-order beta's or something along the lines of them.

Bascially now days beta's are just advertisement for the most part, the real testing happens behind closed doors.

Norpan

Novice Member

4/03/12 2:22:10 PM#24

I might give this one a chance, even though I´m still alittle burned by my AoC experience. But I like the skill system alot, and the 3 factions as well. If the PVP is good then I will play it for sure.

GoldenArrow

Advanced Member

4/03/12 3:48:30 PM#25
Originally posted by Xthos

I am really interested in this, but the push back, making it close to GW2 really sucks, I was hoping to play this for a while...Then get GW2 and maybe play both, but I am not a big multi-game player...  Not as much free time as I use to have to do that.  I may get it anyway, but I need to see more stuff to get a feel on what it will be like.

Thanks for posting though, a guy at my work is really looking forward to this, so I can go tell him.

I think it's safe to assume GW2 ain't coming out before July 19th so you can easily fit in the headstart and first month of TSW before GW2 goes live. Also GW2 is B2P so there's no real obstruction to not give TSW a fair chance.

Personally I'm not hyped about GW2 anymore since it's more of a "MMORPG" than a MMORPG. Funcom got my money (lifetime) hopefully I'm getting it's value worth of gaming experience 8)

Jaedor

Hard Core Member

4/03/12 3:53:08 PM#26

Pre-order gives access to Beta Weekends, not the actual beta test. Sounds like they will have events on the weekends for pre-order folks. Mostly just a marketing ploy, as already mentioned.

FYI, pre-orders through Funcom will get the cat. GameStop pre-orders will provide the wolf.

Hrotha

Novice Member

4/03/12 3:58:34 PM#27

I really dont like the latest trend in order to buy a game to get access to the beta. Well it's the early-state beta, yes, but we know how greedy some gamers get.

For some, yes I apologize, for myself aswell, Betas were once like not only testing for bugs, even more like a free look at the actual game.

This was in fact the reason why I did not buy Aion back in... well, wasnt that long ago.

Anyway: Are developers frightened, again?

Syllendale

Advanced Member

4/03/12 3:58:54 PM#28
Originally posted by Charas

I would never pay to beta test a game. If anything they should be paying the testers, not the other way around.

If all the beta testers are infact paying customers do you really think they're gonna bother with bug/exploit reporting? Hell no.

End result is a useless beta phase and most likely a broken game at release.

No thanks.

Ya know, I've beta tested many MMO's and have, infact, reported many a bug and exploit. Your comment is just a simple lack of experience or desire to really make the game you choose to play, a better experience, not just for you but for many others out there. 

Will I pre order this? Definantly.. two actually since my wife is my partner in crime.  Typically its 5 bucks down to pre order a game you want.. so for 10 bucks to pretty much "rent" a game for awhile and actually maybe help with issues it might have so I have a more fullfilling experience, its well worth it. 

(had to edit cause I forgot hah)...

I played Anarchy Online and Age of conan (AOC I close beta tested).. and if anyone should be worried about this game its me hah. But, it looks appealing, it has a different feel and the marketing scheme is working on me. SO, I truly do hope the game works out for the best. I know the pre order and get in the beta is all out marketing and to stress test really but again, I stick my my beginning statements :) 

Nadia

Tipster

4/03/12 4:30:14 PM#29
  GoldenArrow

Advanced Member

4/03/12 5:08:42 PM#30
Originally posted by Nadia

its the same engine as AOC but it will have improvements

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/the_secret_world/news/the_secret_worlds_game_engine_detailed.html

Actually AoC is using the engine they developed for Secret World.

JohnnyMotrin

Novice Member

We've got the streets suckers!!!

4/04/12 4:39:06 PM#31

$200 for lifetime is not bad at all.  I think those who went that way with LOTRO got a guy buy.  I actually wish I had taken advantage of the lifer way back when.

User Deleted
4/05/12 11:39:07 AM#32

I'm afraid I've pre-ordered my last MMORPG.  Nothing against Secret World, it's just the last few MMORPG releases have been less than stellar and I could have saved some money.

I know most games today offer pre-orders but people are wising up.  Like me!  (toots horn)

Vrika

Hard Core Member

4/05/12 11:56:43 AM#33

Pre-order + lifetime sub would cost 250€, and it includes item which decreases the sale price of cosmetic items from item shop by 10%.

Other developers (Turbine) at least give their life-time subcribers monthly allowance to spend on their cash shop. Funcom is clearly asking their life-time subcribers to pay more money in future.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search