Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,772 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,910
Darkfall (DFO)
Aventurine SA
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 02/22/09)  | Pub:AudioVisual Enterprises
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall Forum » General Discussion » Important announcement on Monday!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
48 posts found
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

9/17/12 4:35:34 PM#21
Originally posted by Gamefun
Has anything been said yet?. I still don't see any announcements.

Haw...made you look... after all , this is AV...... masters of the delayed annoucement.

Heck, when DF1.0 finally launched, many people didn't believe them for the first month...true story.   

Arrogant, Dismissive, Elitist, you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

ironhelix

Novice Member

9/17/12 4:37:06 PM#22
The developers of this game are the undisputed industry-leaders when it comes to trolling their own customers. There is an epic tale of them jerking their paying subscribers around that goes back an entire DECADE. You should be embarassed and ashamed if you believe anything they say. 
  Gamefun

Apprentice Member

Long Term MMORPG'er. 1999-2012.

9/17/12 4:44:15 PM#23
Originally posted by ironhelix
The developers of this game are the undisputed industry-leaders when it comes to trolling their own customers. There is an epic tale of them jerking their paying subscribers around that goes back an entire DECADE. You should be embarassed and ashamed if you believe anything they say. 

I know they always promise and always delay information but I really thought since we haven't heard anything in a long time that they would finally stop messing around and give us something to look forward too. I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Blindchance

Novice Member

9/17/12 5:16:30 PM#24
DF is still online ? Do they get money from Greek EU financial help fund to keep it afloat or what ? AV and SV are easily the biggest gaming disappointments.
  Gamefun

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 5:25:59 PM#25
Well apparently it's already Tuesday in Greece and it was suppose to be said on Monday, I guess its another disappointment yet again.
  SaintPhilip

Novice Member

9/17/12 5:30:44 PM#26
Originally posted by ironhelix

LOL-

You Sir owe me a keyboard. Your comment caused me to spit coffee on this one =D

MadnessRealm

Advanced Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

9/17/12 7:33:04 PM#27
Originally posted by DarthRaiden

doesnt it says and reveals more then anything else that they even missed this deadline ?

i mean how incompent must someone be to misjudge their ability to post a info in just 3 days. Friday they said they would be news on monday. i am talking about last friday it isa just 3 days away ..and they still can't complete..

However ..i like to bump this subject in OP ...

Beat me to it. Not to say that I'm surprised though, rather it was expected to be delayed.

Next ETA : In 2013!

------
Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

MadnessRealm

Advanced Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

9/17/12 7:36:27 PM#28
Originally posted by Blindchance
DF is still online ? Do they get money from Greek EU financial help fund to keep it afloat or what ? AV and SV are easily the biggest gaming disappointments.

I recall reading somewhere that Tasos was running for PASOK (political party in Greece). Fitting.

------

TobiasGrey

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 7:48:33 PM#29

Uh... Darkfall has expanded quite a bit. Its a big enough success story for the devs to have moved into a bigger office, gotten publishering partners, expanded to 3 other countries, opened a second server, hired 30 new employees, and entirely remade the game.

Don't see how they were a disappointment.

Gamefun

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 7:52:52 PM#30
Originally posted by TobiasGrey

Uh... Darkfall has expanded quite a bit. Its a big enough success story for the devs to have moved into a bigger office, gotten publishering partners, expanded to 3 other countries, opened a second server, hired 30 new employees, and entirely remade the game.

A game that died like three weeks after release, a company full of incompetent employees and rude moderators is enough disappointment, not to mention the disappointment with this so called announcement that should of been out yesterday or today, and yet today is almost gone.

Aventurine's professionalism is terrible, the worst I have ever seen. Tasos is the most incompetent leader I have ever seen in the gaming industry. Darkfall may have expanded, but its players left long ago due to one disappointment after another.

Roin

Hard Core Member

9/17/12 7:58:05 PM#31
They never said which Monday.  "This Monday" could mean anything, he could have been pointing at a Monday on a calendar for any Monday from now till doomsday.  Now if they had said "This coming Monday" or "Next Monday", then sure.

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

TobiasGrey

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 10:41:50 PM#32

A game that died like three weeks after release, a company full of incompetent employees and rude moderators is enough disappointment, not to mention the disappointment with this so called announcement that should of been out yesterday or today, and yet today is almost gone.

Aventurine's professionalism is terrible, the worst I have ever seen. Tasos is the most incompetent leader I have ever seen in the gaming industry. Darkfall may have expanded, but its players left long ago due to one disappointment after another.

Are you in some sort of delusional fantasy land? If all the players left Darkfall 3 weeks after release, then how exactly has it expanded so successfully? If the developers are so bad, how did they manage to create an engine that succeeds where 300 million dollar MMOs failed?

They don't have good weekly communication all the time, that hardly makes the game or company bad.

Gamefun

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 11:20:47 PM#33

Are you in some sort of delusional fantasy land? If all the players left Darkfall 3 weeks after release, then how exactly has it expanded so successfully? If the developers are so bad, how did they manage to create an engine that succeeds where 300 million dollar MMOs failed?

They don't have good weekly communication all the time, that hardly makes the game or company bad.

No I'm not delusional, just a realist. I played the game from EU beta to NA release. I know what I'm talking about. I was there day one. Theres barely anyone playing it anymore, such a small amount that you can't even do sieges. Most of the big clans are gone or have left.

kadepsyson

Novice Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

9/17/12 11:23:30 PM#34
Do they at least have the decency to reschedule their announcement?  I mean I guess in some parts of the world there's some Monday left, but I'm guessing they just didn't care about their customers enough.

El Psy Congroo

SirBalin

Warmonger

9/17/12 11:35:12 PM#35
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Do they at least have the decency to reschedule their announcement?  I mean I guess in some parts of the world there's some Monday left, but I'm guessing they just didn't care about their customers enough.

Nope...sucks man, having a game that is so good, but such a bad company behind it. 

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Gamefun

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 11:54:02 PM#36
Originally posted by afhn2110
Originally posted by kadepsyson

Nope...sucks man, having a game that is so good, but such a bad company behind it. 

Agreed 100%. If they would finetune the game and fix a lot of the problems and give us feedback, they would make loads of money, but they are incompetent and I guess don't want the money.

MadnessRealm

Advanced Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

9/18/12 1:16:05 AM#37

Oh c'mon, you can't be serious?

DarkFall is a complete and utter failure. The expansion of their company was done the same year as Launch (2009). My memory is a little vague, but the game launched in February, and AV changed office around April or May I believe. Suffice to say, it was within the first 6 months that they changed office and grew their company.  The NA-1 Server was also launched the same year,  July 2009, after being delayed once or twice.  Again, within 6 months of the release of the game. They made a fair amount of money with the launch sales which allowed them to run fairly well for a while. As for the "partners", there's only 1 for Asia : MGame, which was found this or last year.

The game dwindled down very quickly after 2-3 months because of rampant macro'ing/cheating which was never adressed until late 2011 (over 2 years later). The only time DarkFall saw another peak of it's population was at the release of the Conquer The Seas around November/December 2009. But that only lasted temporarily. The game barely has any players left, PvP is near impossible to find when roaming. Aventurine has continously lied to it's playerbase on most issues that was raised, features that were announced, etc. The matter of the unanswered serverwipe is yet another nail in the coffin.

Aventurine has been a major disappointment. A complete and utter failure. What is even worse however, is it's playerbase that still falls for the same 3 years old trick. The fact that Aventurine still manages to attract them with the same moldy carrot is just mind-boggling, and sad. In fact, it reminds me a little of something like this.  And if anything, that Aventurine cannot even meet their own deadline on an announcement that only requires a few words, says more than enough in of itself, but coupled with Aventurine's history of constant delays and lies, is simply outrageous. The company should've long shut its doors.

------

thinktank001

Hard Core Member

9/18/12 3:37:26 AM#38
Originally posted by MadnessRealm  And if anything, that Aventurine cannot even meet their own deadline on an announcement that only requires a few words, says more than enough in of itself, but coupled with Aventurine's history of constant delays and lies, is simply outrageous. The company should've long shut its doors.
They run on greek time.......... I think that means it is always done tommorrow.
Offtopic:  I would also like to note that editing a post on these forums is almost comical.
  SirBalin

Warmonger

9/18/12 8:52:03 AM#39
Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Oh c'mon, you can't be serious?

DarkFall is a complete and utter failure. The expansion of their company was done the same year as Launch (2009). My memory is a little vague, but the game launched in February, and AV changed office around April or May I believe. Suffice to say, it was within the first 6 months that they changed office and grew their company.  The NA-1 Server was also launched the same year,  July 2009, after being delayed once or twice.  Again, within 6 months of the release of the game. They made a fair amount of money with the launch sales which allowed them to run fairly well for a while. As for the "partners", there's only 1 for Asia : MGame, which was found this or last year.

The game dwindled down very quickly after 2-3 months because of rampant macro'ing/cheating which was never adressed until late 2011 (over 2 years later). The only time DarkFall saw another peak of it's population was at the release of the Conquer The Seas around November/December 2009. But that only lasted temporarily. The game barely has any players left, PvP is near impossible to find when roaming. Aventurine has continously lied to it's playerbase on most issues that was raised, features that were announced, etc. The matter of the unanswered serverwipe is yet another nail in the coffin.

Aventurine has been a major disappointment. A complete and utter failure. What is even worse however, is it's playerbase that still falls for the same 3 years old trick. The fact that Aventurine still manages to attract them with the same moldy carrot is just mind-boggling, and sad. In fact, it reminds me a little of something like this.  And if anything, that Aventurine cannot even meet their own deadline on an announcement that only requires a few words, says more than enough in of itself, but coupled with Aventurine's history of constant delays and lies, is simply outrageous. The company should've long shut its doors.

Game is far from a failure, the company behind it is...but the game is amazing.  If you are looking for a sandbox mmo, with hardcore pvp that has meaning, a great political siege system...this is the game...its great.  The only problem is the company behind it just has pathetic customer service and they really do lie, constantly and they don't really care how bad they look when they do.  The first time I ever saw them apolagize was the other day when they said sorry the Q&A was delayed, but they are making a big announcement Monday and their attention was on that...then Monday came with no announcement...nice.

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Jakdstripper

Apprentice Member

9/18/12 8:57:09 AM#40
Originally posted by Roin
They never said which Monday.  "This Monday" could mean anything, he could have been pointing at a Monday on a calendar for any Monday from now till doomsday.  Now if they had said "This coming Monday" or "Next Monday", then sure.

this has got to be the most self delusional post i've ever seen.

"this monday" means the first monday after today. Stop making excuses for retarded devs.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search