Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,311 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,304
Darkfall (DFO)
Aventurine SA
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 02/22/09)  | Pub:AudioVisual Enterprises
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall Forum » General Discussion » Exclusive update on the August GameworldGR interview, and Tasos’s recent presentation.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
34 posts found
  Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 7:46:43 AM#1

From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIv3YnHuVQ

My questions and the answers.

Was this the only Darkfall video shown at the Greek gaming conference?, if not what was the other one like?

There were 2 videos at the greek conference. We've just uploaded the other one.
(Unfortunately this is not a new video.)

Can you confirm if there will be an exclusive Darkfall interview in the august edition of GameWorldGR?

Yes.

Will there be any information in the Darkfall interview about beta/ publishing or release?

Yes.

When exactly will the August edition of GameWorldGR be released?

Probably, in the first days of August. Stay tuned

Also if you attended the conference can you post anything interesting that was not mentioned in the GameWorldGR article?

Darkfall received a standing ovation during and after the presentation. Also, many independent programmers spoke with Tasos Flabouras after the meeting, in order to work with Aventurine S.A.

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 7:57:26 AM#2

Martie I don’t care what the Gameworld.gr website looks like, all I care about is that the August Gameworld edition will have an exclusive interview apparently containing beta, publishing and release information.

Antikythera

Novice Member

7/03/08 7:58:17 AM#3
Originally posted by Polarization

From http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnIv3YnHuVQ

My questions and the answers.

Was this the only Darkfall video shown at the Greek gaming conference?, if not what was the other one like?

so they did NOT show any new video of Darkfall footage at that place to anyone???

How would that shitty gameplay footage we've all seen already a million times get a standing ovation? LOL

It's just outdated looking alpha videos showing the most basic gameplay you can possibly have.

Antikythera

Novice Member

7/03/08 8:01:08 AM#4

Can I be your first interview?  I'll say I was in Greece and played the game for 24 hours straight.

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 8:10:33 AM#5

Can you at least wait 1month until the article actually comes out about before we start criticizing it please?

They said it contains beta, publishing and release information, until that information is possibly revealed I think it’s a bit premature to already of decided to completely dismiss this website and its article entirely.

Novice Member

7/03/08 8:12:14 AM#6

wow your guys are pathetic you go so far that you say a european magizine is fake because darkfall is going to be in it just wow.

when darkfall comes out please dont play because i wouldnt want you guys to play a game that "doesnt exist"

TdogSkal

Apprentice Member

Do not fear death, Death will come a knocking anytime it wants.

7/03/08 8:13:04 AM#7

lol your asking a troll to be resonable? 

The game could release and be a huge hit and the trolls will still scream Vaporware from their mom's basement.

Sooner or Later

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 8:16:08 AM#8
Originally posted by Antikythera

so they did NOT show any new video of Darkfall footage at that place to anyone???

How would that shitty gameplay footage we've all seen already a million times get a standing ovation? LOL

It's just outdated looking alpha videos showing the most basic gameplay you can possibly have.

Yes unfortunately it the “Exclusive” video that the moderator on GameWorld was talking about being shown at the Greek gamming conference appears to of only been one of two we have already seen from some time ago.

Hopefully Tasos did not tell them it was an exclusive or new and it was just a misunderstanding or a mistake, but I wonder.

Antikythera

Novice Member

7/03/08 8:16:20 AM#9

can someone please explain to me why they didn't record brand new fresh gameplay videos to bring along to a live demo game conference?

Doesn't this seem a little STRANGE to anyone?

Instead they brought along videos that are MONTHS old???

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 8:20:32 AM#10
Originally posted by TdogSkal

The game could release and be a huge hit and the trolls will still scream Vaporware from their mom's basement.

I wouldn’t have time to be screaming that because id be to busy screaming

“OMG THIS GAME IS AWESOME!,IT’S THE BEST EVER!”

TdogSkal

Apprentice Member

7/03/08 8:21:08 AM#11
Originally posted by Martie

Can you at least wait 1month until the article actually comes out about before we start criticizing it please?

They said it contains beta, publishing and release information, until that information is possibly revealed I think it’s a bit premature to already of decided to completely dismiss this website and its article entirely.

I already have dismissed it, because im mytic meg and I know excatly what it will read.

Gameworld( homemade no mark site) :  Hello Tassos, how is everyhting going.

Tasos( Made gameworld website):  Everything is fine.  I am pleased to be with you today.

Gameworld:  The big queston everyone wants to know when is beta happening?

Tasos:  We have our MILESTONES set internally, we are not to sure yet, we are aiming for big things in the coming year or so.  Like i said its just a milestone, nothing more specific.

Gamworld:  Does that mean that a possible launch this year is out of the question?

Tasos:  It all depends on many internal and external factors, which we have to take into considiration.  We have our Milestones and we are sticking with them.

Gamesworld:  Thank you Tasos that cleared alot of things up we have all be waiting patiently to know.

I will bet you $100 dollars US or Canadian that you are wrong. 

Sooner or Later

Antikythera

Novice Member

7/03/08 8:22:59 AM#12

Does anyone not find it odd that they brought along vids showing months old gameplay?

I mean if they were actually developing this game than the game must have evolved far past months old footage.

Why on earth would you bring along old gameplay to show people?

either it's just  complete lack of all common sense bordering on disturbing or they had nothing new to record.

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 8:25:16 AM#13

Martie that all sounds depressingly familiar and it certainly is a possibility, but like I said until I read it I’m not going to dismiss it just incase there actually is some significant beta, publishing and release information.

If there’s not then ill be just as critical and skeptical about these sorts of things as I normally am.

TdogSkal

Apprentice Member

7/03/08 8:31:00 AM#14
Originally posted by TdogSkal

I already have dismissed it, because im mytic meg and I know excatly what it will read.

Gameworld( homemade no mark site) :  Hello Tassos, how is everyhting going.

Tasos( Made gameworld website):  Everything is fine.  I am pleased to be with you today.

Gameworld:  The big queston everyone wants to know when is beta happening?

Tasos:  We have our MILESTONES set internally, we are not to sure yet, we are aiming for big things in the coming year or so.  Like i said its just a milestone, nothing more specific.

Gamworld:  Does that mean that a possible launch this year is out of the question?

Tasos:  It all depends on many internal and external factors, which we have to take into considiration.  We have our Milestones and we are sticking with them.

Gamesworld:  Thank you Tasos that cleared alot of things up we have all be waiting patiently to know.

I will bet you $100 dollars US or Canadian that you are wrong. 

I was waiting to see how long it would take you to jump in.  You can bet whatever you want because its always is the same crap reworded.  please pay me my $100 now.  Even if it dosnt say this, it will still be the same reworded crap over and over.

Funny thing is last september, the fanbois were saying that by xmas 2007 that beta is comign as Tasos had vaguley mentioned it in one of his posts , then they said it would release in summer, like all previuos years.  You dont see any circle going on here?  When December comes you will say wait till summer 2009.  Oh now you will come back with, so what if it dosnt release, wait another yera, then when that yera pases then another year.  Please for the love of god get a grip.

First off, you are posting about a game that you believe will never be released.  Maybe you need to get a grip.

Secondly as I have said over and over again and you and the other haters just skip over it everytime.

WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE WHAT GAME I WAIT FOR?

What do I lose while waiting for Darkfall?  Keep in mind I am playing other MMOs while I wait.

Why are you here if the game will never release?  Why do you waste your time?

Sooner or Later

Antikythera

Novice Member

7/03/08 8:33:01 AM#15

TdogSkal  - can you please explain to me why they showed months old recorded gameplay footage at this conference? Instead of hitting FRAPS.exe and recording some new fresh stuff to bring along?

Even you have to admit that raises a few red flags...  I refuse to believe that's just plain incompetence. You would have to be pretty fucken incompetent to show up to a conference and bring along months old footage that everyone already watched thousands of times on the net if you are capable of recording new stuff.

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 8:41:35 AM#16

Does anyone not find it odd that they brought along vids showing months old gameplay?

I mean if they were actually developing this game than the game must have evolved far past months old footage.

Why on earth would you bring along old gameplay to show people?

either it's just  complete lack of all common sense bordering on disturbing or they had nothing new to record.

I’m sure anyone thinking that might be a bit odd or strange will inevitably be accused of being trolls, haters or vaporware nay-Sayers.

But apparently what they showed had the desired effect because after standing ovations, many independent programmers where interested in working with Aventurine!

TdogSkal

Apprentice Member

7/03/08 8:42:01 AM#17

TdogSkal  - can you please explain to me why they showed months old recorded gameplay footage at this conference? Instead of hitting FRAPS.exe and recording some new fresh stuff to bring along?

Even you have to admit that raises a few red flags...  I refuse to believe that's just plain incompetence. You would have to be pretty fucken incompetent to show up to a conference and bring along months old footage that everyone already watched thousands of times on the net if you are capable of recording new stuff.

Why I dont know, I dont work for them.  It does raise a few flags as to why.

I admit it does not look good that they cant make a new video for an important interview but do we know for a fact they dont have a new video to release with the interview?

Sooner or Later

Polarization

Apprentice Member

ubi dubium ibi libertas

OP  7/03/08 8:46:35 AM#18

I thought it was quite clear that I’ve demonstrated that the “exclusive” video was actually one of the two we have already seen months ago.

There is no mention by the moderator of GameWorld of a new video that will be released with the August interview, there never was.

There was only the possibility that an exclusive new video might have been presented at the conference, but we now know it was not new or exclusive.

musicmann

Novice Member

7/03/08 8:53:16 AM#19

Why does it bloody hell matter for some, to come into this forum and bash a game this isn't released yet and even if it does will probably not even play it. If the game comes out it will either rise up and be a smash hit, due to the yrs. it took to develope it. Or it will sink to the likes of AOC and POTBS, in which they took 5 yrs to make and plays like a game still in beta.

Darkfall as a whole has the same chance of being released as any new and upcoming game that has been announced. It's kinda funny that Blizzard announces they will be doing Diabblo 3 and you have people going ape shit over a game that could be trashed in a heartbeat, the same way Marvel online was dumped.

Just because a high profile dev company says they are in development on a new project, it doesn't mean that an small indie company can't do the same thing, as in the case of this mmo. Yes it's been in development for a long time, but honestly, if it's the only game that anyone would be lusting over and waiting for, i would call that obsessive and compulsive and that would need checking into.

The trolling and badmouthing needs to stop. It's just a game.

User Deleted
7/03/08 8:53:44 AM#20

You do know that these idiots showed up at a major gaming convention to display Darkfall, and then said "Oopsies, we forgot to bring the demo. But isn't our booth nice?!"

So if anyone could be incompetent enough to show up at that conference with ages old videos instead of something new, Tasos would definitely be the one.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search