Trending Games | Landmark | Villagers and Heroes | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,208 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,997
Darkfall (DFO)
Aventurine SA
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 02/22/09)  | Pub:AudioVisual Enterprises
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall Forum » General Discussion » After 7 years, there's no proof this game exists.

11 posts found
  Fodfod

Novice Member

OP  5/27/08 8:43:22 PM#1

The fanbois tell us to "believe", have faith and stop asking for proofs, that's ridiculous !

It is really sad because even after 7 years, no one can actually prove Darkfall exists or is in development. Theres maybe 1-2 videos of the game, the last one was in february showing an animation of a human running. It would have been better if there was some kind of interface or npcs but whatever, 5 mins after, half the forum was claiming the video was fake or could have been faked, another failure right there from Darkfall.

http://www.aventurine.gr/ That's aventurine website, a single webpage. They claim Darkfall is a minor side project but the logo of Darkfall takes half their only webpage, doesnt take a genius to figure there's something fishy there.

In the latest community journal, Tasos claims he is at the hospital and cant  give us a ETA for the next update. My god, the game is releasing in 7 months and they cant even give us a date for a simple community journal, that's frightening.

My conclusion : the game may or may no be real, all i know is the Darkfall devs are amateurs and they cant run a business.

CaesarsGhost

Novice Member

The only difference between a Troll and a Fanboi is which side of the fence they stand on.

5/27/08 8:46:49 PM#2

Originally posted by Fodfod

It is really sad because even after 7 years, no one can actually prove Darkfall exists or is in development.

*points*

Que the fanbois about it changing locations for development to greece so those years don't count!

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
"When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

mike470

General Correspondent

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand" - Randy Pausch

5/27/08 8:53:57 PM#3

Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

It is really sad because even after 7 years, no one can actually prove Darkfall exists or is in development.

*points*

Que the fanbois about it changing locations for development to greece so those years don't count!

They moved locations so they destroyed everything they worked on for 2 years!!

Ozias

Novice Member

Play what makes you happy in the pants and shut the fuck up about everything else.

5/27/08 8:57:13 PM#4

lol, I think it's real but I don't think it's ever coming out. I think they'll run outta money or something, or maybe even scam some people out of their money ala Mourning. I've been hearing about this game since I was playing Shadowbane in 02.

Theodgrim

Novice Member

5/27/08 9:09:41 PM#5

FWIW, I have seen enough to believe the game is in dev.  Now, what shape the game is in...doesnt look good so far.

Brenelael

Guide

Pointing out the Obvious to the Oblivious since 2006

5/27/08 10:13:55 PM#6

Originally posted by Theodgrim

FWIW, I have seen enough to believe the game is in dev.  Now, what shape the game is in...doesnt look good so far.

I agree. There is plenty of proof that this game does exist in some form. Whether or not it exists as a fully featured functional MMORPG does remain to be seen however. Only time will tell.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
{
beat();
}

Stanford

Apprentice Member

5/28/08 9:10:52 AM#7

Even the investor pre aventurine who eventually  loose  ~400.000 EUR (something about that correct me if memory betrays me)  real money if it doesn't release believe in these  guys and stated back before they moved to greece

"we  wish them well (Razowax team) and we can understand that the project at this moment needs more investors to get complete"

And here we have some non-believer who doesn't put anything into.

Btw i am for any "game  doesn't exist" thread to be  considered trolling and violation against MMORPG.com rules.

StyleMonkey

Apprentice Member

5/28/08 9:22:21 AM#8
Originally posted by Stanford

"we  wish them well (Razowax team) and we can understand that the project at this moment needs more investors to get complete"

7 years later translation:   Thank god we got rid of them 7 years ago and only lost that amount.

Friction2u

Novice Member

Yay! Quote!

5/28/08 9:30:33 AM#9

The fanbois tell us to "believe", have faith and stop asking for proofs, that's ridiculous !

It is really sad because even after 7 years, no one can actually prove Darkfall exists or is in development. Theres maybe 1-2 videos of the game, the last one was in february showing an animation of a human running.

Just off the top of my head there are SIX videos. Two gameplay/battle vids, two racial mount vids, a very old leaked vid of the early alpha and the recent location video that showed racial areas and the uber cool Alfar Drake mount.

Weak troll attempt from you I think.

StyleMonkey

Apprentice Member

5/28/08 12:26:06 PM#10
Originally posted by Friction2u

Just off the top of my head there are SIX videos. Two gameplay/battle vids, two racial mount vids, a very old leaked vid of the early alpha and the recent location video that showed racial areas and the uber cool Alfar Drake mount.

and they all look like something you expect to see from a game that's been in the making for like 6 months..  LITERALLY

They show about maybe 15% of the game feature list.

That location fly by video is a complete JOKE to be showing for a game that''s been in dev for this long.

Add up all the gameplay from all of those videos and you end up with something that has a generic fighting system , a mount system , and that's about it.

Where's the other 95% of the features hiding 6 months to launch?

Vansinne

Novice Member

5/28/08 12:33:21 PM#11

A new thread for a discussion that's infected in every thread around here. And for some reson are discussed with same 10 persons and a few new alts every time.

And to the Original Poster; What proof do you need? Same proof as the other games in development here at MMORPG.com?