Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,412 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,763
Darkfall (DFO)
Aventurine SA
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 02/22/09)  | Pub:AudioVisual Enterprises
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall Forum » General Discussion » Should I try out this game?

4 posts found
  benn08

Novice Member

OP  11/11/12 2:51:15 AM#1

I'm here looking for a game to occupy myself for a lengthy amount of time.

In the past, I've played games such as Runescape, which I played for many years, I think due to the vast experience that the whole game offers and the many things that can be done in the game. I've also played WoW, although it didn't keep me in the game as long as I liked; I got bored after a while. What I've noticed is that Runescape, a sandbox if I'm right has kept me there for a while, and where as games such as WoW, and GW 2 have not kept me there as much.

Currently am playing Rift, and GW 2, but those aren't giving me the fun factor feeling I had when i played Runescape back in the day, and some times in WoW.

Would this be a good game for me to try? Would it keep me occupied for a long time? What kinds of things can you do in this game besides PvP. Like in Runescape you can mine, fish, PvE, PvP, and also many cool events.

Thanks for your help,

have a good day!

Hotjazz

Apprentice Member

11/13/12 9:18:48 AM#2
Originally posted by benn08

Would this be a good game for me to try? Would it keep me occupied for a long time? What kinds of things can you do in this game besides PvP. Like in Runescape you can mine, fish, PvE, PvP, and also many cool events.

Darkfall is a full-loot mmo.

If you haven`t tried any full-loot mmos before, Darkfall can be very scary and sometimes brutal. You can mine, fish, PVE and have many cool events, the problem is you can be killed while you do those things. We don`t know how large the safezones are, so you might be able to do those mundane things in peace.

Darkfall isn`t a polish game like GW2, and the animation/ character view might be strange at the beginning. If you manage to play long enough to get used to the game, those things wont matter because the gameplay is more important than graphics. You might not get used to the robot running animation...ever.., but everything can`t be perfect :).  I have played GW2 for a few months, and yesterday I logged into my DF account. It was strange to play with my HUGE DF char after months of GW2, and I understand why some might find the game old looking. But trust me, after a while you wont notice the visuals, you`ll be to scared.

If you like pvp and don`t cry if a better player or zerg kills you, then Darkfall is your game. Do not be afraid of losing gear, because your bank will be full of stuff. Deaths in DF is annoying, but that`s what makes the game fun...things matter. Find a decent clan, and you will have the greatest time of your mmo career.

postpwn

Novice Member

11/14/12 12:33:34 PM#3

I teared up a little reading that last post.

I need to play this game.

stragee

Novice Member

12/02/12 2:11:20 PM#4
I wish DarkFall had an updated FAQ on their official site.