Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,823 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,495
Darkfall (DFO)
Aventurine SA
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 02/22/09)  | Pub:AudioVisual Enterprises
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Darkfall Forum » Game Suggestions » Racial Wars along the lines of PlanetSide and DAoC

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Saorlan

Novice Member

The Facophany

OP  4/17/11 5:07:03 PM#21

I saw a post about an event on the US servers that was race wars, I wonder how that went. Looks like not game mechanics will be added to encourage racial alignment and thus racial conflict in the near future.

I agree with FreedomBlade about the way racial territory wars could be handled - take a leaf out of PlanetSides book, it worked for them also it would be essentially six factions. Granted elf, dwarf and human normally would join up but Alfar were always planned to go solo, even fighting the orcs and wolves.

AzelSpears

Novice Member

4/20/11 5:06:46 AM#22

The new patch addressed that; I'm now in a RA only guild, and this leads to rich PVP.

Look What I Did - melodic mathcore band from Nashville, TN, see music videos from new record Atlas Drugged

Saorlan

Novice Member

The Facophany

OP  4/21/11 5:14:42 PM#23

Really? So what part of the new patch made this game none ARAC now?

Or are you just chatting utter nonsense?

AzelSpears

Novice Member

4/21/11 5:21:46 PM#24

The new alignment rules obviously make it easier for players who participate in race alliance or race guilds, particularly those that target reds, as you can engage in pvp while remaining blue.

If you mean limiting players where they can't form guilds outside of their race alliance, it doesn't accomplish that, but why would we want that? I'd rather have the options to suit my own playstyle. You never specifically stated that. DAOC for example had a FFA server and a faction war server.

Look What I Did - melodic mathcore band from Nashville, TN, see music videos from new record Atlas Drugged

Xarnthal

Novice Member

4/21/11 7:00:42 PM#25

A seperate server with racial wars would draw far more interest than I think the DF community and the dumb greeks can understand.

I'd go back to playing for sure.

Sennheiser
Assist
Thage

Cacophanist

Novice Member

12/17/11 9:16:13 AM#26

This is a supremely exellent set of ideas.

An ongoing war with territory lost and gained would be simply amazing, Planetside style.

Players could either join in or just thier own thing questing.

Simple suggestion and would make a perfect game. All race clans need to go bye bye now. 

Cacophanist

Novice Member

1/14/12 1:54:15 PM#27

Re-posting here in the hope that someone from AV might just read this and get influenced for DF2.0.

I can dream!

Imagine though full tertitory control in a constant war between the aliiances of races. Not just mindless clan vs clan epeen shit.

Come on AV lets make a world where the fact that you are a smelly Orc actually means something or that you are a poofy elf matters!

Also they need to enable proper housing not the half arsed village system they added, that is just lame. I want to be able to build my house with my friends and start a settlement not take over a ready made castle.

Volarin

Apprentice Member

2/10/12 7:28:03 AM#28

Bumping for truth. The ideas contained in this post are going to be looked at for Darkfall 2.0? I hope so.

We need some kind of eternal war going on in this world so that players can constantly join in territory control for their race/alliance rather than teenage leet clan wars.

Please do racial wars AV!!!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search