Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,215 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,877
Vogster Entertainment | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 08/25/09)  | Pub:Vogster Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Crimecraft Forum » General Discussion » So - anyone been playing this over the past couple of days?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  DoktorTeufel

Novice Member

9/10/09 5:27:22 AM#21
Originally posted by Djfusion

Why can people NOT read? It blatantly says its NOT an MMO and people complain the lobby system isnt persistent MMO world?

If it's not an MMO, then one of two things happened:

1.) CrimeCraft billed itself as an MMO pre-release, even though it isn't.

2.) MMORPG.com put CrimeCraft on its list, even though it's not really an MMO.

#2 is probably the most likely scenario, come to think of it. I really wish MMORPG.com would stop putting games that aren't actually MMOs on the list.

Also, "it's not an MMO" is just an excuse in this case, as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't suck any less because it was designed as a limited, lobby-based game to begin with.

There are single-player games, multiplayer games like CounterStrike, single- and multiplayer games like StarCraft, and those are fine. CrimeCraft, however, is one of those "quasi-MMO" games that seems to combine to worst aspects of traditional multiplayer and MMOs into a mediocre product.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

casper05

Novice Member

9/10/09 3:08:39 PM#22

This game rocks. I'm getting my money worth. If you like counter-strike or tf2 this pretty much adds a social life (create gangs, save up money for hideouts, share/create items to lvl up crafting among your gang, ect).

And if you think this game is unbalanced... well it is!  lol, either learn how to aim or get behind a good sniper until you buy better gear. Shoot em up games arent for cry babies.

Sunioj

Novice Member

9/16/09 12:09:38 PM#23

I don't know if it's good or bad, but the price on Crime Craft has already dropped to 39.99 on Steam.  Figured I'd pass that along to anyone who is looking to pick it up.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

Dotar_Sojat

Novice Member

9/16/09 7:48:29 PM#24

IMO, it's better off as F2P with a cash shop.

- Dotar Sojat

outfctrl

Novice Member

American by Birth
Biker by choice
Patriot forever

9/21/09 10:15:29 AM#25

I bought the game Sunday.  So far it is allot of fun.  There is crafting, leveling, instances and quests. 

There are different classes too.  You can be a healer, demo man and others.  All kinds of skills to train in.

I would have to say it is an mmorpg. 

Pocahinha

Novice Member

9/21/09 10:46:34 AM#26

Lets face it..nowadays people play bull%$#", so they keep giving us bull&%$#..crimecraft plain sucks, CO, AION every mmo coming out sucks, its half finished , full of bugs, no content, lag, even the king wow has loads of failures...these devs wanna make money..and they make it..cause people buy crappy games...

rodney28021

Apprentice Member

3/29/10 5:11:04 PM#27

My experience trying CrimeCraft. 

One word: Fail

Had hard time getting it to work after downloading. The cheating protection software i found out is more strict than other games. If you are not paying for the game then you cannot do much. It is more like gangs in near future post collapse setting than what the name Crimecraft suggests.  The cheating protection software hates programable gaming keyboards, keypads and mice, and Steam software.  You  can not change the keys to use on a keyboard either.  You can cooperate with others to fight through instanced AI enemies or PVP against other people or groups.  But free2play people are just cannon fodder for the subscription members.  Some weapons are overpowered.  Free2play people are not able to do much except fight in some battles. The virtual city environment and the character gear looked ok.    Crimecraft has some crafting and aution house you can do if you are a subscriber. There was not many people playing when i tried it in feb 2010.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search