Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,580 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,316,982
Vogster Entertainment | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Real Life | Status:Final  (rel 08/25/09)  | Pub:Vogster Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Crimecraft Forum » General Discussion » So - anyone been playing this over the past couple of days?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
27 posts found
  markyturnip

Novice Member

OP  8/27/09 7:16:27 PM#1

I would be interested in a decent review.... there is relatively little info out there that I can see.

Thanks!

kumoblade

Apprentice Member

8/28/09 4:05:08 AM#2

Unfortunately, It's Fury with Guns =(

And we all know how great Fury was....

User Deleted
8/28/09 7:36:45 AM#3

Is it a single player FPS?

PapaB34R

Novice Member

Never lose your way, or someone else might find it

8/28/09 8:48:41 AM#4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-slA8oDoI&feature=related

like it how the dev says in the first sentence "Crimecraft is not an mmo"

see gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pApFF5AqqNY

To be honest I cant see why anyone would wanna play that, perhaps there are some features that Ive missed so far but to me this is a non-sandbox fake shooter with experience. The mechanics are old, ex you cant take cover, fire from it or do anything you expect from a normal shooter. The graphics themselves look old, watch the explosions and weapon fire, characters are drawn fine but a lot around look bad.

For any game to succeed its basics needs to be good prefably great, a mmo cant be a good game unless its RPG system works out, the same applies to the FPS variant. Basicly this game uses instances and maps to function, kinda like Guild Wars combined with a shooter game. Il probably try it if I had the chance but I must say I feel really sceptic this wont be anything but crap

Cerebus59

Novice Member

8/28/09 4:12:50 PM#5

I picked this up on launch day and am having an absolute blast. Whether I'll subscribe after the initial 2 months remains to be seen. If they add more content/mission types etc would be a deciding factor for me.

Worth the $50? For me, yea, but I'm an impulse game buyer by nature and I knew from the outset that this is NOT an MMO - so I haven't been disappointed.

doorknocker9

Apprentice Member

God created the world, we are in charge of our own lives.

8/29/09 3:49:17 PM#6

It is realy cool game with the amazing graphics, great agmeplay, awesome audio effects and exceptional game atmoshpere.  I read a lot of negative comments before I bought the game and I found all of them to be untrue. It looks like all the negativity comes from the people who never even played it.  I feel sorry for them, but I am also disgussed with their lies.

The game deserves to be named among very good solid video games . Let's face it, it is one of a kind for now, at least.  CrimeCraft is fun to play, it keeps you hooked   for a  long time. For unknown developer  the game is solid as a rock and, has a huge potential to grow and become much -much better than any famous fantacy game which i am personally tired off. It is definitely going to be very hot  among those who loves real actions and controlled brutality, challenge and shooting. By the way, developer  provides  gamers with outstanding customer support. 

I give this game at least 9 out of 10 for how well it's done. Of course, it's not perfect, but have you seen one? I have not. It's all about marketing, actually, about  money  being spend on.  I hate marketing, but  I like  good products and  honest opinions. Frankly, it's a Good Game.

Buy it, play it and you won't be disapointed for every penny you have spent on. 

SneakyPete69

Novice Member

8/30/09 12:19:13 AM#7

I've been playing the game since the closed beta and it's been a continual improvement.

The final release is a blast. Graphics are amazing and the 16 player gang fights are brutally fun.

The servers are handling all the action just fine. I can't wait for the new update.

Breakheart

Novice Member

8/30/09 12:21:06 AM#8

I loled at these comments made by 1 posters.

DoktorTeufel

Novice Member

8/30/09 12:54:43 AM#9
Originally posted by Breakheart

I loled at these comments made by 1 posters.

Yup.

When people join the same day and their first post describes how awesome a new game is (when almost everyone else thinks it's garbage), you know it's going to fail.

I'm getting Tabula Rasa open beta deja vu as I read through CC's forum here, only worse.

Currently Playing: EVE Online
Retired From: UO, FFXI, AO, SWG, Ryzom, GW, WoW, WAR

User Deleted
8/30/09 1:39:48 AM#10

I played it in beta for a week or two. I'm not an avid FPS player, but i dabble in TF2 and Counter-Strike.

Features I liked:

1. Customization of available skills and weapons.

A. You can buy skills such as stealth, landmines, grenades, etc. It's fun as hell to stealth behind someone and shotgun em.

B. Each gun can have its stock, barrels, sight and clip replaced...iirc. Modifying things like recoil, clip size, and damage.

2. Challenging AI?

This, I'm not so sure I liked. The PvE maps (for crafting supplies and missions) had bots that were far too cognizant of what I was doing. I'm not sure if this was because I was obvious or because the bots ignored things like walls to gather information on me =P

3. A few decent maps

Don't get me wrong, there aren't a ton of maps, but they aren't too shabby.

----

Features I disliked:

1. Crafting

Back to the customization, you can craft clothing(armor) weapons and medicine. The parts were a pain to get and involved grinding a lot of PvE maps. Of course the better you do on the PvE maps the better materials you would receive.

Certain player types are drawn to crafting and I'm going to overgeneralize and say they arent the Killer types and therefore might not be top scorers.

2. AWP-effect

Yup, you can snipe. Yup, you can't join specific servers to avoid it.

3. Few maps

I'm sure there is more in release or will be but...I think I played a total of 5 or 6 maps. Each game type can be played on the same map and it gets repetitive (PvE, deathmatch, Heist, etc same maps, different objectives)

---

Recommendation:

Trial if they have one. This game screams buy the box, free to play. Instead it's buy the box, pay to play AND cash shop.

I'd recommend it when it's a discount box and no sub fee. Until then stick with the real FPS games.

proffbeer

Novice Member

8/30/09 9:00:48 AM#11

This game is simply bad, this is the first time I've ever bought a game and actually felt cheated out of my money.

Too many people are capable of killing you with one or 2 shots no matter the weapon with less then a second to aim and push the button. I don't much like to accuse people of cheating, but seriously, something just ain't right about that.

Oh, wait, has anyone mentioned that melee is one hit kill no matter what.

Oh, Oh, wait, has anyone mention that the largest battles are only 8v8.

Oh, Oh, Oh, wait, has anyone mentioned that so far the population has only hit just a little over 300.

Come to think of it, advertising might be unlawful too, the persistent world is nothing more then a persistent lobby, all battles take place in an instance.

Dotar_Sojat

Novice Member

9/03/09 11:37:45 PM#12

It's just not that compelling to play.  I've tried to get into it, but I just can't.  It's not an MMO, and it's not a great shooter either. The graphics are nice, but that's about it.  As someone mentioned earlier, the "persistant world" is just a big lobby - all the real gameplay happens in instances. The lobby adds nothing to the game, you could take it away and you'd have essentially the same game, a not-too-slick shooter with nice graphics.

After 4-5 hours I was done with it. Even if it were F2P, there's better shooters to play.  If they could rework the lobby as a true MMO worldspace,  I'd give it another shot. I think the idea is good, but the execution was poor.

Dotar Sojat

Djfusion

Novice Member

9/04/09 10:51:53 AM#13

Why can people NOT read? It blatantly says its NOT an MMO and people complain the lobby system isnt persistent MMO world?

It's fun, it's not great. It has potential, if you got some extra money and want to shoot things and level up at the same time, get it. Hit me up, Djfuzion   i'm a gunsmith ;)

gevrik

Novice Member

9/04/09 3:47:22 PM#14

I wrote a little review on CrimeCraft on my blog.

User Deleted
9/04/09 4:03:58 PM#15
Originally posted by Djfusion

Why can people NOT read? It blatantly says its NOT an MMO and people complain the lobby system isnt persistent MMO world?

It's fun, it's not great. It has potential, if you got some extra money and want to shoot things and level up at the same time, get it. Hit me up, Djfuzion   i'm a gunsmith ;)

The above poster mentions just that he thought the game would be better if the lobby were a persistent world and I don't see what's so wrong with him wishing it was.

Itoao

Novice Member

9/04/09 6:37:41 PM#16

I have been playing since the last beta. I am really enjoying the game. It does have some flaws but I am hopeful that it will overcome them.

I am really tired of people complaining about the Cash Shop! Please do some research and you will find that Cash Shop items are only cosmetic. You cannot buy guns or any type of power ups from the Cash Shop. You only are paying 9.99 and you get gold bars each month to use in the shop.

I think this game has potential. A low monthly fee, ability to customize your character and potential to expand the game. I tell people that ask me about it to buy it and check it out. Since you get two months free when you purchase it. Its like you are paying 30 bucks for the game. That is still cheaper than buying a "normal" mmo and you get more play time.

Once they flesh it out I really think it will offer an alternative to the same old games we are playing.

Dotar_Sojat

Novice Member

9/05/09 1:02:35 AM#17

What is says on the box is "Crimecraft is a Persistent World Next-Gen Shooter (PWNS) that blends gripping, action-packed shootouts with the irresistable community and role-playing elements exclusive to today's hottest MMO games."

It may not be declaring itself an MMO outright, but this description sure blurs the lines a bit.

Or maybe you're just reading it differently, DJ. ;)

Djfusion

Novice Member

9/08/09 9:40:11 AM#18
Originally posted by Dotar_Sojat

What is says on the box is "Crimecraft is a Persistent World Next-Gen Shooter (PWNS) that blends gripping, action-packed shootouts with the irresistable community and role-playing elements exclusive to today's hottest MMO games."

It may not be declaring itself an MMO outright, but this description sure blurs the lines a bit.

Or maybe you're just reading it differently, DJ. ;)

"A persistent world (PW) is a virtual world that continues to exist even after a user exits the world"

Nowhere in there does it say there can not be a lobby system, or that it has to be a non instanced form of game...So maybe your definition is off  ;)

Dotar_Sojat

Novice Member

9/10/09 3:16:43 AM#19

Again, DJ, you really need to brush up on those reading skills.

I don't dispute that the lobby is a persistant world. In fact, in my initial post, I said  "the 'persistant world' is just a big lobby".

My gripe with the game is that it's just not fun to play.

- Dotar Sojat

Swanea

Advanced Member

9/10/09 3:27:15 AM#20

If it was 50 bucks and nothing else, be fine.....

2 Pages 1 2 » Search