Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,685 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,364
Sony Online Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 04/28/09)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$04.99
Browser Game| ESRB:E10+Out of date info? Let us know!

Free Realms Forum » General Discussion » Questions about this game.

2 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  6/17/10 3:20:24 PM#1

I tried it a while back for an hour or so. It's probably changed since then and I remember liking it.

1.) Is there any competative aspect to the game besides scoreboards? (PvP? Raids? ect..)

2.) I really like games with cool items/loot with cool stats (Like diablo/WoW) If I were to become a dungeon player, is the loot system cool or is it very simplistic? Like are there ultra rare items? Upgrade system? (Like +1 +2 or enchantments)

3.) I'm able to be every single class correct and level them? Thats what I remember.

4.) Has the cash shop changed at all? Is it still VERY optional or did they add stuff to give you an edge in gameplay?

Ralsar

Novice Member

11/04/10 3:15:11 PM#2
Originally posted by Raserei

I tried it a while back for an hour or so. It's probably changed since then and I remember liking it.

1.) Is there any competative aspect to the game besides scoreboards? (PvP? Raids? ect..)

2.) I really like games with cool items/loot with cool stats (Like diablo/WoW) If I were to become a dungeon player, is the loot system cool or is it very simplistic? Like are there ultra rare items? Upgrade system? (Like +1 +2 or enchantments)

3.) I'm able to be every single class correct and level them? Thats what I remember.

4.) Has the cash shop changed at all? Is it still VERY optional or did they add stuff to give you an edge in gameplay?

1) You can do duels with other players.  There are community PvP events from time to time, but no real structured PvP content.  You can also compete in Soccer, Pirate Plunder and Kart Racing if you like.  The TCG has tournaments every few hours which are really fun if you like the TCG.

2) The loot system is more focused on style and colors then it is on stats.  You can get a full set of upper level gear by running the hardest dungeons a handful of times.  After that it is all about collecting colors and different types of clothing.  There are not ultra-rare items or an upgrade system really, but there is a treasure wheel that you can spin at the end of a dungeon or mini-game for a chance to win a piece of equipment.

Getting a full set of "end-game" gear is a maddeningly time-consuming grind that provides no benefit over the previous tier beyond how it looks.

3) The Pet Trainer job has been removed.  Players who already leveled the job were allowed to keep the job at the level they were when the job was removed.  Otherwise yes you can level any job and switch to them whenever you want.

4) The cash shop is entirely optional still.  There is a ton of stuff to buy, but none of it is necessary to progress in the game.

Pretty much all they do these days is add items to the cash shop.  I haven't seen a non-event (summer fest, halloween, etc.) update in a very long time.  I don't think they are planning on adding any new content to the game.  It has been in a holding patter for quite awhile now.

Free Realms is a fun game if you are looking for a casual, mini-game focused shared world.  It is a good place to goof around in, but don't expect it to replace a real MMO.   

I don't regret the time I put in and I have enjoyed spending time with my guildmates in FR.  Once you level all your jobs and finish your collectoins you are done though and I did that a long, long time ago.  I log in to play the TCG from time to time and occasionally run around the world or do dungeons.  I have the lifetime membership.