Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,448 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,163
ALT1 | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/14/09)  | Pub:Hungames
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Twelve Sky 2 Forum » General Discussion » 12 Sky 2 Review

17 posts found
  Liddokun

Novice Member

OP  3/24/09 12:45:35 PM#1

Well if you have played the original Twelve Sky and loved it then you are gonna love Twelve Sky 2 even more. There are some obvious major improvements in the game such as nicer graphics and user interface. The game uses familiar systems from the original 12Sky.  There are also some major tweaks to the stat system such as STR giving damage increases as well as accuracy, DEX giving Dodge and Defense Bonus, Vitality giving HP and a little Dodge bonus and Chi giving a bit of Energy as well as a bit of damage bonus.  There are still three clans who are perpetually at war with each other as well as the Sky Clan as the fourth faction. The 3 clans are Dragon, Snake and Tiger as well as the Ancient Sky clan, but you can only join 3 from the start as the ancient sky clan can only be joined at master level 1 or level 113. Each clan have 3 weapon types which you can master (heavey damage, defensive and ranged).  

What I like about the game:

1. The game is pretty much pvp oriented with pve (aka grinding).
2. The loot system is reminicense of diablo. Mobs have a % chance (based on the luck stat) to drop random gear within a level range as well as random stat. Gear quality can be seperated into common, unique, rare, ultra rare categories.
3. The graphics of each armor set are pretty ornate and distinct.
4. Level 1-30 is pretty easy on the grinding. It doesn't take too long to hit level 30. After 30 grind is another matter.
5. Game encourages you to party. Each party member adds 10% to your overall XP. A full party can give you as much as 150% more XP and your XP rate goes up too when everyone is AOE killing.

What I don't like about the game:

1. Heavy grinding after level 30.
2. PvP is all about spamming pot and skill spamming. It is very annoying at the start of the game but later, pvp becomes more hardcore when people start 1 shotting each other pot spamming or not.
3. There are only a few skills - 1 single target attack, 1 single target multi attack, 1 aoe attack. Run speed buff, Stun and Unstun, Jump skill and a HP/MP regen skill. Plus the level 30, 60, 90 version of those skills.
4. The faction with the most people usually wins. Well since the game doesn't really support instancing there are no instanced maps for pvp, everyone who joins simply joins and if one side is outnumbered so be it.
5. I hate it when the only strategy is simply turtling -- hiding at the back of your base in huge clumps waiting for some enemy to approach you so you can gang rape them with targetted attacks.

Proposed fixes:
1. Add 2 second cooldown to pills. So you can't really spam them endlessly.
2. Add timer to matches to prevent turtling.
3. Reduce damage in PvP to 50%
4. Equalize matches by instancing and putting same number of combatants on the pvp war map but that's wishful thinking i guess.

mcfeters

Novice Member

I am a taco.

3/25/09 4:36:30 PM#2

I'm looking forward to trying this game out.

Azorith

Advanced Member

4/15/09 10:56:00 PM#3

1-30 is easy, and after that you get access to caves where mobs aggro you non-stop. Leveling is fast there, or on mini bosses in the real map, until about 90 and it slows a little until 112 where you get barely any exp per mob.

Cooler Master HAF 932 ATX Case
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0
i7-930 @ 2.8ghz w/ Corsair H50 Water cooling
MSI 560Ti GTX Twin Frozr 2gig
Corsair XMS3 12gb (6x2gb) DDR3 1333
Coolmax 700w PSU
Crucial C300 64gb SSD
Seagate 320gb 7200RPM HDD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
23" 1920x1080 LCD/LED 2ms ASUS

dudespeak

Novice Member

4/15/09 11:04:42 PM#4

Wow..

Is this already available? Where did you guys play this?

Thorbrand

Novice Member

5/06/09 2:01:06 PM#5

Follow the instructions on the site to get into closed beta. There are still 5 days left to get in.

http://12-sky2.aeriagames.com/

binkiaa

Novice Member

5/06/09 8:31:00 PM#6

MAYN's TwelveSky 2 is already in Open Beta!

http://www.12sky2.com

snowclansnow

Apprentice Member

6/29/09 7:14:36 PM#7

no such thing as 'ultra rare', but there is an elite type. Also there is no 90 skill only skills 1-8 (8 is area) btw if people didnt know the only new area skill is the 8th.  Other skills that deserved mentioned are...Comatose Formation, Adrenaline Formation, Focus Fromation, Flash Formation, Gaurdian Formation, Heartstrike Formation, Heavens Shield, Heavens Blow, Heavenly Distruction, Heavens Repulsion, Heavens Flow, aaaand drum role please: Guradas Prayer! 

Worf

Advanced Member

7/02/09 12:49:29 AM#8

Tried the game.

Decent for the first 20 or so levels.

Maximum of One quest at a time... Not so great.

Purchased a few items from personal shops that weren't usable even though it seemed to be the right item for the character class and type.

This game didn't seem to state age requirement when signing up... it is supposely age 18+ due to some graphic material intended only for adults. Very inappropriate content in my humble opinion. Enough said!

Parents you need to screen this game before letting your children play it!

Game deleted after level 26.

:\

dagamer01

Novice Member

8/06/09 9:32:52 PM#9

Upside:

this is a great game. a balanced pvp and pve environment. great graphics. Has a mature mode and a teen mode. quite easy to get comfortable with.

downside:

there are four factions and factions are constantly belittleing each other. Name calling, cursing, etc. Weak factions that are having are hard time in pvp whine to GMs and GMs come and happily help them, making the efforts of the stronger factions futile. Some events are run exclusively for certain factions only. If you want to take part in those event, you must create a character in that particualar faction. So in essence, players (their characters) are excluded from events. GMs constantly give misleading information and play favorites. When things are reported they take days if not weeks to respond and when they  do respond, the response is usually againsts you.

All in all i'd say if you are the type of player that just like playing the game and not take part in events, talk to people and dont mind no help from GMs then this is the game for you. All else should just avoid this game entirely.

Daft

Novice Member

Everquest

9/18/09 12:58:29 AM#10

I got to level 45 in one day... Just go to a spot that has aggro mobs, button mash your pots and AOE. Works very well in the dungeons. I quit after that because i thought it was lame lol. My friend hit level 80 within a week though. So i would say the grind is not as bad as most asian grinders, if you know how to button mash pots and aoe.

Anonymous27

Apprentice Member

10/25/09 2:14:29 PM#11

Overall I think its a pretty descent game.  Has is pro's and cons.  Although it is full of bots and hackers as well, it is a easy grinding game.  It has what i personally loved in 12Sky 1, bosses, and it has a lot of them.  So rather descent I would say.  No pk system, which i did not like.  War system is very fun.  Gives lots of chances to gain cp and items. 

~You Have Failed Me For The Last Time.~

Jarna

Novice Member

12/29/09 11:42:21 PM#12
Originally posted by Worf

Tried the game.

Decent for the first 20 or so levels.

Maximum of One quest at a time... Not so great.

Purchased a few items from personal shops that weren't usable even though it seemed to be the right item for the character class and type.

This game didn't seem to state age requirement when signing up... it is supposely age 18+ due to some graphic material intended only for adults. Very inappropriate content in my humble opinion. Enough said!

Parents you need to screen this game before letting your children play it!

Game deleted after level 26.

:\

Pretty much the same for me

wigga

Apprentice Member

12/22/12 11:19:07 PM#13
this would be as good as the first 12sky but they wont do anything about the hackers or scammers so for someone that has played there games since 2007 it goning to be -100 for this till they get their finger out and get it fixed
  spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

12/22/12 11:26:11 PM#14
Necro..........'d

baals1

Novice Member

1/12/13 3:09:28 PM#15

on aeria maybe on mayn i dont see any bots  ... scammers re evrywhere but its your fault if u  loan items 2 ppl simply DONT LOAN u dont get scam / same with acc sharing :]

its published 2009 year so its still old scool grinding game so quest is not needed just go 2 dungeon on spot jam button and its grinding content till a1(113lvl)

its only just war after that 113 its start REAL GAME with more content new maps wars and pvp map and as usual max content its for max lvl or around that lvl for me pvp its still on v high lvl

yea game got pro and cons

Druos

Novice Member

4/25/13 10:05:26 PM#16

The graphics seems to be dull and lacks color combination. The character build-up is quite good enough. The environment setting is good but it seems that trees and rocks are in every corner. The monsters and bosses are just like a normal one, nothing is special at all.

As I started playing the game, I find it cool, but after spending a few hours of it, I feel unsatisfied with many of its features. I don’t recommend the game for MMORPG veterans.

kedara

Novice Member

Just because you can't be nice, doesn't mean you shouldn't.

7/06/13 10:48:00 PM#17
I would push the boundaries of what it means to be a ninja, but the axe-wielding maniacs attack me adding just enough dps to my opponents to get me killed no matter what I am fighting. They screwed an otherwise wonderfully plain game.