Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,816 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,468
Grigon Entertainment | Official Site
MMOG | Genre:Super-Hero | Status:Final  (rel 01/14/09)  | Pub:Cartoon Network
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | ESRB:EOut of date info? Let us know!

Fusion Fall Forum » General Discussion » Holy crap! Big suprise!

20 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  1/14/09 1:23:55 PM#1

Is this game good? It just came out with no word! Im gonna DL and try it!

nightwing70

Novice Member

Im the next BIG thing!

1/14/09 4:44:21 PM#2

You don't have to downlaod it :D it's a browser based game and is pretty cool because of the cutscenes,

Kurganxy

Apprentice Member

1/15/09 12:48:35 PM#3

I played this for an hour or so last night, and i have to say, its not bad. Its actually pretty well done. I found myself actually having fun playing this game. I only played an hour or so because it was pretty late when i started, so im going to play it some more in a while (im uploading some video atm, so i dont wanna mess that up).

If your bored, or wanna try a fun little game, give it a try. Its free to play and runs in your browser. what have u got to lose?

rhinok

Novice Member

1/15/09 4:44:36 PM#4

Browser-based?  Yes, in the sense that a browser window is the game client.  That being said, I have over 500MB of content/data downloaded onto my machine, which makes this more of a client/server game that just happens to run in a browser window, IMO.

Ever get curious as to where all that stuff you initially download goes?  Read the FAQ for uninstalling FusionFall and you'll know.

~Ripper

firetree

Novice Member

1/24/09 7:47:33 PM#5

well the second word of the topic is correct

having played it and paid wow its crap!!! i have seen home made private servers with less bugs

teddyboy420

Advanced Member

Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders - Friedrich Nietzsche

1/24/09 8:01:17 PM#6

I don't know, I don't think it's so bad actually, especially for what it is, and who it's aimed at. I mean, lets face it, it's a browser-based MMO set in the "world" of Cartoon Networks IP's, that is aimed at the 5-13 crowd. When that is taken into consideration, it really isn't too bad, it actually has fairly high production values, animation, art and the voice-acting are all well done, the gameplay is, well, it's not terrible, and the story and setting are actually halfway decent.

My son (6yo) has always enjoyed watching me play MMOs, and he's always wanted to be able to play one on his own, but they were always a little too complex for him, and that's what makes FusionFall really excell. It's simplicity. My son enjoys it very much b/c of the recognizable characters, it's similarities to Daddies games, and the fact that he is able to play it without any input/help from me (although he enjoys it the most when he and I play it together). In that respect, it's unbeatable...it's an MMO that kids can play, and yet there's just enough depth that an adult can play it here and there. Any games that bridge that gap is alright in my book.

ZtyX

Novice Member

1/24/09 8:05:32 PM#7

MMO for CARTOON NETWORK!??!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA:. AWESOME! .. Man.. I had some friends who were watching ALL DAY back when I was a kid. Heh.. If this channel is still as popular with the kids, then this is a really cool thing for them. Awesome! :)

SonikFlash

Novice Member

1/27/09 12:33:05 AM#8

Its a good game and rather fun.  Even better since kids are playing it the rewards downscale after long periods of time are spent online.

Tiller

Guide

2/07/09 8:45:33 PM#9

it's an MMO for kids. Of course adults are not gonna like this game.

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

SonikFlash

Novice Member

2/07/09 9:04:49 PM#10

Don't disregard it so quickly, its not a bad game its not great and even adults may have fun playing it as a distraction.

Quizzical

Guide

2/07/09 9:09:43 PM#11

Someone remarked elsewhere that combat consists of holding down a mouse button and waiting for the mob to die.  Is that true, or is there more depth to the combat than that?

Grunty

Hard Core Member

2/07/09 9:23:51 PM#12
Originally posted by Quizzical

Someone remarked elsewhere that combat consists of holding down a mouse button and waiting for the mob to die.  Is that true, or is there more depth to the combat than that?

That covers it pretty well.  You do use the Nano pets occasionally. That is done by pressing 1, 2, or 3 for which Nano you want and then right clicking when you want them to do their thing.  The Nanos can't be active all the time and when they are they quickly use up their energy that they slowly replenish when not active.

teddyboy420

Advanced Member

Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders - Friedrich Nietzsche

2/08/09 5:40:45 PM#13

Yeah, the combat isn't especially deep, it's more comparable to an Action-RPG a la Diablo and Titan Quest. You just look in the general direction of a mob, it is auto-targetted, you left-click to use your equipped weapon and wait to see who dies first. All the weapons are AoE capable, and have 2 seperate dmg ratings, one for single-targets and one for multiple-targets But naturally weapons such as "shotguns", rocket-launchers do much better AoE damage compared to something like a sword, or pistol which will have higher single-target and less AoE dmg.

Then you throw "Nano's" into the mix. Basically a Nano is a little pet you have that are your source of abilities/spells, the Nano's are all characters from Cartoon Networks original cartoons such as Buttercup, Blossom, and Bubbles (Powerfpuff Girls), Dexter (Dexter), Bloo, Eduardo (Fosters House of Imaginery friends), Numbuh * (Kids Next Door) and so on. Each Nano you collect has three abilities to choose from, you can only keep one abilitiy active at any time, but if you don't like the choice you made you can change it at any time.All told you can collect dozens of Nano's, but you can only keep 3 different Nano's available for use, giving you a total of 3 different abilities that you have access to at any given time.

Not very deep combat....but it's more the story and characters, and to a lesser degree the quests, and item collection that make the game interesting. It's definitley no EvE, EQ2, or even WoW, but then again it's not meant to be that complex. It's a game for kids 5-15, and at least for me, serves as just one more thing that my kids and I enjoy doing together.

Quizzical

Guide

2/11/09 1:19:42 PM#14
Originally posted by teddyboy420

Not very deep combat....but it's more the story and characters, and to a lesser degree the quests, and item collection that make the game interesting. It's definitley no EvE, EQ2, or even WoW, but then again it's not meant to be that complex. It's a game for kids 5-15, and at least for me, serves as just one more thing that my kids and I enjoy doing together.

So if there's no depth to the combat, and no depth to anything else, either, then what's the point of the game?  Saying that it's for kids is, by itself, not much of a justification.  Wizard101 is "for kids", too, but took the time to make a quality game with some depth to it, in addition to making it kid-friendly.

teddyboy420

Advanced Member

2/11/09 3:12:57 PM#15
Originally posted by Quizzical
Originally posted by teddyboy420

So if there's no depth to the combat, and no depth to anything else, either, then what's the point of the game?  Saying that it's for kids is, by itself, not much of a justification.  Wizard101 is "for kids", too, but took the time to make a quality game with some depth to it, in addition to making it kid-friendly.

Umm, like I said, it's more about the story, setting, and most of all, the characters. I also didn't say that there is no depth to combat,, or no depth to anything else, just that it's not as deep as "grown-up" MMOs like the ones I listed. FusionFall IS a quality game IMO, and it acomplishes what it set out to be.

adolobe

Novice Member

2/22/09 4:07:45 PM#16

I actually liked the game for what it was. Granted this is not WOW or Runes of Magic or most other adult MMORPG's.

For what it is its great. A simple easy to follow MMORPG for my nephew who is 10. He loves 2moons but his mother disapproves of all the violence. Fusionfall gives him the action type fun he likes and the clean safe enviroment parents enjoy.

Ok so the quest are easy..well there sup to be its a game for 10-14 year olds. I have him singed up for the family plan and I will play online with him a couple times a week .

Furthermore no one in the family has to worry about him playing this game, and the most important part is he enjoys it.

bugse82

Apprentice Member

5/14/10 9:10:11 AM#17

fusion fall is not bad at all.

now it's completely free i think, so the game worth checkin it.

Robsolf

Elite Member

Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!

5/14/10 9:22:59 AM#18

It actually is a perfectly decent game.  Not much to it, but for a mostly free game it's a good time waster.

Dragoonaria

Novice Member

6/17/10 2:53:50 AM#19

When is the Pacific - Asia version going to come out? I have been waiting for a long time to even try the game and keeps saying coming soon to pacific - asia. Probably they stopped attempting to make one that's for sure.

xxXDragoonariaXxx

xlr8spd

Novice Member

8/13/11 10:18:52 AM#20

Here in 2011 the game is still up and running and well populated but lately its quite laggy. And I have a feeling I'm not the only one with lag bc I see lots and lots of other players facing the same thing. You can tell upon their movement.

MMORPGs FTW