Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Skyforge | Hearthstone

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,756 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,270
Jagex Ltd | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/29/04)  | Pub:Jagex Ltd
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$07.95
Browser GameOut of date info? Let us know!

Runescape Forum » General Discussion » Runescape - freetoplay vs. membership?

9 posts found
  mackleless

Novice Member

OP  3/30/13 1:16:06 PM#1

Hi guys!

I wanted to know who of you is playing Runescape at the moment? Cause is it really worth paying a membership - what exactly are the advantages or is it too hard lvl up on your own?

Just thinking to start the game, therefore I want to know!

greez

Panther2103

Advanced Member

3/30/13 1:19:21 PM#2
Well honestly free to play is like a trial. You get a majority of the skills and can level them up, but are seriously set back in certain areas. You get like 20 quests or something with free to play and over 150 for paying. 
  Cranktrain

Apprentice Member

3/30/13 2:13:30 PM#3

It's been a while since I played Runescape, but I remember quite happily going to level 40 or so without spending any money.

As Panther2103 rightly says, you can treat the F2P section as a trial version. If you want more of the stuff, go for the subscription. If not, that's cool, just move onto another game!

Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

3/31/13 4:10:48 PM#4

f2p is sure trail version so you better start with it. I guess till like lvl 50-70 (depends on you) you don't even need to pay.

normally these day you'll be bored enough when comes to lvl 60 for simply quite game.

I used to play a lot, was may be highest f2p lvl.=D
game was very good back to 2005-2007, after it became just mind controlled and obsolete, good only for 10-14 years kids.

after they removed restrictions, game became infested by bots, RWT etc. later Jagex even introduced roulette to buy-to-win option.

all over this game is pretty outdated, too grindy, laggy, buggy and spoiled by bots + item shop.

I don't see why to pay up to 8$/month for such game when you have tons of A+++ f2p games now.

But if you still interested, just take a look at f2p, it FREE anyhow.=D

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

MightyBee

Novice Member

3/31/13 6:12:39 PM#5

Free to play is a good thing. You can test the game, look around, see if you do well with the other players and then decide for yourself if you're ready to pay. Nobody's forcing you to pay and as everybody said before, you can do well without paying. Someday you want  more, get your paypal, credit card, paysafecard or whatever you're using and get more quests, better weapons and whatever they offer.

As for me, I got bored somewhere at level 20 and never paid a cent for Runescape.

nicarift

Novice Member

Keep your eyes open.

3/31/13 6:14:14 PM#6
Membership is deffinelty worth it. You get a MASSIVE and i do mean MASSIVE amount of content for you few dollars...
  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

4/03/13 9:10:55 AM#7

Originally posted by nicarift
Membership is deffinelty worth it. You get a MASSIVE and i do mean MASSIVE amount of content for you few dollars...

"few" dollars became 8$ with ages, but content turned to buy to win (SoF) + still weird grind.

for 15$ you can play WoW, Rift and EvE + much more just for free.

IMO, runescape is old and outdated, NOT worth at all to pay for such crap + it infested with farming bots and devs seems to be unable to deal with.

f2p is ok if you don't have a good comp and have time to waste...
read game forum too, by the way, time to time you can find like 300 pages of rants there.=D

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

findrelease

Novice Member

4/03/13 1:51:09 PM#8

I found it worthwhile to put in a few $ to get full access to the game... I would definitely recommend the trial version first though and then just go from there... if you like you buy, if you dont you try a different game!

Out of curiosity how do you guys pay for online games and the likes?  I am trying to get rid of CCs and am looking for easy online payment methods? Havent found anything as of yet...

User Deleted
4/03/13 2:20:57 PM#9
Originally posted by findrelease

I found it worthwhile to put in a few $ to get full access to the game... I would definitely recommend the trial version first though and then just go from there... if you like you buy, if you dont you try a different game!

Out of curiosity how do you guys pay for online games and the likes?  I am trying to get rid of CCs and am looking for easy online payment methods? Havent found anything as of yet...

You could use prepaid game time cards. I've even seen some for Runescape at Walmart. Also paypal, if your game supports it as a payment option. Just link your bank account to your paypal.