Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Firefall | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,869 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,226,136
Jagex Ltd | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/29/04)  | Pub:Jagex Ltd
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$07.95
Browser GameOut of date info? Let us know!

Runescape Forum » General Discussion » Vote For Runescape 2007 Server's! Official Jagex Poll!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  pacov

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 9:55:02 PM#21
In my opinion, runescape is a very different game from all other MMORPGs... if you can get past the graphics you will actually love everything runescape is built upon. Yes there is grind, yes there is a fixed screen, yes combat is click based but that to me is what made the game so different. Runescape is a sandbox rpg. It has a strong player driven economy, crafting that produces best items in game, and contains excellent quests with actual storylines unlike go kill 10 rats.... This is not for those who never played runescape, it's for those who like myself played it years ago and want to relieve those same memories all over again.

Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

2/22/13 9:07:12 AM#22

Originally posted by pacov
In my opinion, runescape is a very different game from all other MMORPGs... if you can get past the graphics you will actually love everything runescape is built upon. Yes there is grind, yes there is a fixed screen, yes combat is click based but that to me is what made the game so different. Runescape is a sandbox rpg. It has a strong player driven economy, crafting that produces best items in game, and contains excellent quests with actual storylines unlike go kill 10 rats.... This is not for those who never played runescape, it's for those who like myself played it years ago and want to relieve those same memories all over again.

1.YES if you are grind addict!
2.Strong player driven economy is controlled by price manipulation clans / got impact from tons of bots in game.
3.Please name at least one "best item in game" coming out crafting?
4.Quests can be fun, although lately they became more mindless, IMO.
5.I don't get why you need to relive same memories if you never stopped playing?

long time ago RS was unique PK game, attracted tons of overexcited young players. Ignoring grind and even fun quests (except for unlock some weapons), they spend ages in Wild, duel arena lately, trying to get free items from lost or ignorant players. Oh, yes, it was great time of endless fun for this category of players.
Main-time great number of non-punished bots driven economy of bloodthirsty players.
Some lost souls kept grind content as they got nothing better to play for several reasons.

I think 2007 server can bring some nostalgic fun for these PK groups, until they gonna realize how poor this content is and getting bored.
I guess this server will be deserted in a few months after creation.

I'm pretty sure this move will not save dying game (please don't tell me how popular this game is and all such, I got enough from official posts about), but just push end for some more months.

I guess if Jagex really wanted to have all players opinion this vote will not be "members only", as such to me it's nothing else but commercial move to attract some subs even for one month.

I don't mind to have 2007 server, but I think it just pointless and will not bring back success game got till 2007 drastic changes.

Can I be wrong? Sure! and let's see what gonna happen, but NO WAY to me to pay for vote or even to get back to this game again.
What was good at 2007 can't be good at 2013, IMO.

I appreciate large choice of great graphic, less grind, more fun FREE game we have now, so I can't see any reason why I'll choose to pay for opposite quality game?!? =D

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Hardanger

Novice Member

2/22/13 12:58:06 PM#23
Ah, oldschool runescape.  As any other old-timers might be able to guess based on my avatar, that is my favorite online game of all.

Sinella

Advanced Member

2/23/13 9:25:01 PM#24

I've tried the oldschool servers. At first I thought I wouldn't really like them....I loved the game back in 2007 but that time has passed, graphics became very outdated, the new RS looks so much better, and to start from scratch as a level 3 didn't sound very attractive. But for my surprise it was great fun...everyone being a new character, no money nor skills in game makes it very interesting. It's such a relief there is no Grand Exchange (auction house), people talk a lot to each other,  you level your skills not for the levelling sake but because skills are so much needed now. No one can mine rune yet, no one can craft ammys or tele tabs...so its worth to rush to get up your skills.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say that it's worth a shot :) If you liked the game back in 2007 you might enjoy it now again.

Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

2/25/13 9:19:46 AM#25

OMG! you need to restart over????
I was sure they are able to "convert" your existent char to 2007 lvl.
play RS again from the start is worst ever idea I could have.....

PieRad

Apprentice Member

2/25/13 8:46:07 PM#26

Yep, I'm back in RS as well...

A mate called me like 7 hours AFTER the old servers came up, telling me about it... Yes, I've been under a rock.

Having a great time, skilling while talking to people around you, brings back so many memories, it's amazing.

66 mining!

Huggmuth

Novice Member

2/27/13 5:35:02 PM#27
Would be awesome to reach the 500k mark
  Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

2/28/13 11:29:52 AM#28

wow guys, lol, have fun=)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search