Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,407 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,756
Jagex Ltd | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 03/29/04)  | Pub:Jagex Ltd
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Browser | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$07.95
Browser GameOut of date info? Let us know!

Runescape Forum » General Discussion » If Runescape was to make a few changes, would you consider it?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  legendsolo

Novice Member

4/15/12 12:00:24 PM#21

remove SoF, it's just wrong in every way.

"We don’t want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn’t affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape."

times are changing... SoF is the first step in the wrong direction, what is the next one? Played runescape more than 8 years, runecrafted my way to the top. these achievements shouldnt be for sale.

DDot

Novice Member

4/23/12 3:57:27 PM#22

Runescape has changed. They have a membership model with more aggressive advertisement campaigns in free to play. Several worlds have been shut down due to low number of players. An example of this is : 

700-800 thousand players online in Runescape during 2002-2006 era at any given time compared to only 100 thousand to 90 thousand players online during 2011-2012. That is a huge drop for a game whose developer boasts on 195 million registered accounts (active and inactive).

They've added this new gambling minigame where they encourage players to spin the wheel for rewards. They're selling chances to spin the wheel using a cash shop. The rewards are anywhere between 50 gold, to 10 million gold, to untradable versions of rare and expensive items, to massive chunks of experience. All of which can be attained by buying spin packages.

If you are a paying member, you have the option to buy extra spins from the in-game shop which is integrated into the game interface:

£3.50 buys you 10 spins
£6.99 buys you 20 spins +5 bonus spins
£13.99 buys you 40 spins + 35 bonus spins
£34.99 buys you 100 spins + 100 bonus spins
£69.99 buys you 200 spins + 250 bonus spins

In other words:

£3.50 ($5) buys you 10 spins
£6.99 ($10) buys you 25 spins
£13.99 ($20) buys you 75 spins
£34.99 ($40) buys you 200 spins
£69.99 ($100) buys you 450 spins

They're practically selling items, gold and experience. It has prompted a huge backlash from the existing playerbase. If you go to their official forums and look around the recent update section, you'll see nothing but 50 pages of protest. Literally hundreds of players, including veterans who have been playing the game for 8-9 years, have unsubscribed in the past 20 days in protest but the developer seems tight lipped about the whole situation.

MMORPG's recent interview with Runescape's developer highlights only the new starting area but it does not cover the more controversial and heavily debated Squeal of Fortune sales which essentially changed the business model of this game. 

Personally, I wouldn't advise wasting time on this game because it's future seems unclear.

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

4/23/12 3:59:33 PM#23

Not with those horrendous graphics.  It would need a HUGE overhaul for me to look at it.

eddieg50

Elite Member

10/07/12 10:37:02 AM#24
  I was shocked at how bad the controlls were, constantly getting trapped in between buildings,  it is really bad and needs to change befor I would play it again
  KingJiggly

Novice Member

Definition for innovation is below. Your welcome.

10/07/12 1:04:30 PM#25

Gameplay sucks. Combat sucks. Pvp sucks. As does pve. Huge grind. Graphics.... Suck. Free world sucks. 

Lore is decent. Easy to get into. Updated frequently. Bright future. Big community. BOTS ARE FRICKEN GONE. Bots are now an endangered species, I hope other MMOs look to how they did it and implement that into their games. Wonderful stories. Lots of weapons. Great holiday events. Decent community. Tons of content and mini games, 

Runescape is a staple of the MMO genre, more so than wow is. It is the first MMO for many people and a decent one at that. I enjoyed runescape, but got into other MMOs quickly. But I will always remember the fear of the wildy, the stories, and the horrid graphics and nice community. I have other MMOs to play.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innovation

Cakeisyummeh

Novice Member

10/12/12 2:42:56 AM#26
Originally posted by KingJiggly

Gameplay sucks. Combat sucks. Pvp sucks. As does pve. Huge grind. Graphics.... Suck. Free world sucks. 

Lore is decent. Easy to get into. Updated frequently. Bright future. Big community. BOTS ARE FRICKEN GONE. Bots are now an endangered species, I hope other MMOs look to how they did it and implement that into their games. Wonderful stories. Lots of weapons. Great holiday events. Decent community. Tons of content and mini games, 

Runescape is a staple of the MMO genre, more so than wow is. It is the first MMO for many people and a decent one at that. I enjoyed runescape, but got into other MMOs quickly. But I will always remember the fear of the wildy, the stories, and the horrid graphics and nice community. I have other MMOs to play.

The awkward moment when I'm running a bot right now and have been for the past six hours >.>

halo_0_1

Novice Member

10/13/12 3:52:31 AM#27
Actually, I like the new combat update. Not sure if everybody's tried the beta, but I think it's pretty awesome. The gameplay's cool, but PVP has its ups and downs... the Widerness isn't as dangerous as it was in the old days, but the PVP minigames are great. PVE looks to be improving. Grind is still a problem, but JaGex says they're working on that. Graphics aren't too bad tbh.. it's not fully updated, yes, but they're doing it. Slowly. Totally agree with the F2p though, it feels so empty when you run out of membership and have to spend a bit in F2p.
  robaro

Novice Member

12/21/12 8:22:50 PM#28

Bots are back, and in full force.

There are even bots to kill bosses now, mithril dragon.

Cash shop added to the game.

Cash shop selling power.

Strong weapons being given on the gambling shop.

You buy tickets to the official gambling with real money, and can get great weapons for lvl 1-60.

Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

1/08/13 9:33:27 PM#29

outdated game pretending to be the ever-best, changed they made make it even worse, as it seems to be overpriced now.

why join it?

endless grind instate of fun, angry community, PK oriented, scammer welcoming, noob unfriendly, dull combat mod (not sure how it works after update tho, cba to try), boring mini games, awful graphic, constant push to SoF trap etc,

I wounder why this game still run again, have no idea what can be changed to make it fun.

You can play it only if you enjoy grind, be considered as worthless or brainless, love looking bot work, and enjoy bad graphic and lag.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

flizzer

Hard Core Member

4/01/13 5:41:49 PM#30

Runescape was my MMO training wheels.  When I first started playing the game I didnt know games like this even existed!   I had lots of fun for a couple of years until I moved on to better games.  I check out what is happening with the game every once in awhile still for nostalgia sake.  My character still exists!   I was even asked to be a mod years ago after being out of the game for a long time, which was funny. 

Anyway, I looked at the new Runescape and I still don't think those graphics are anything to crow about.  The Runescape world  looks the same as it did when I played it years ago, meaning it doesnt look like there are any new continents to explore or cities.  It was a great first time MMO, but, no, I don't expect I would ever seriously consider playing it again today.  Im not going to spend hours chopping magic trees anymore, lol.   Also, I no longer believe it is worth the sub for this game when there are better and cheaper options out there.   

Still, I do feel happy the game continues because it really was my intro to these type of games.  If some people are happy playhing it then that is terrific.

akita894

Novice Member

4/22/13 10:04:28 PM#31
Remove EOC. lol it's just bad... Unfortunatly JaGex thinks the only way to make their game competitive w/ other MMORPG's is to make the combat EXACTLY like the others. RS isn't the type of game that that kind of combat system would work with so HENCE the many complications the game is facing now. :/  OH AND the removal of SOF and SGS would be awesome..like c'mon..it's runescape. enough with the sad mircotransaction attempts. The customer service is awful aswell..i only go on the RS website to browse the forums..especially the rant section and for some reason I am not allowed to post..sent in an email to JaGex, i'll expect an answer in a few months..lol...
2 Pages « 1 2 Search