Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,570 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,817
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Even after all the horrible PR, EA says: "[Lifeday items] are limited time offers, so now is the time to jump In."

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search
122 posts found
  mrrshann618

Apprentice Member

1/09/13 2:26:00 PM#121
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by mrrshann618
 Someone who comes into a game/forum, proclaims they do not, nor will not, play a game and then bashes people who are trying to defend opinnions of "hey this isn't so bad" IS a hater.

That is not true, that is a lie.

I have said I will play SWTOR when they unlock more char slots and now they have I will, just finishing off EQ2 winter event before it goes bye bye tomorrow for another year.

I have also said that I would play it if they fixed the issues I keep stating, but it is not going to get fixed with people stating it is good when it is bad. This is a MMO where devs work on it to improve it. If this was a single player game where changes do not really happen, then you would have a point.

Hey now, read that first word.

If you want to be mad at me for calling you a hater, then do it with the phrase I used "Look at the words under your avatar" The statement you quoted is a blanket satement for the others who have come in to bash the game "I've played 20 min and never again", "The f2p is horrible and I'll never touch it" stuff like that.

The f2p model is becoming better, this is something that I've becried "please be patient" however all many sides I've gotten the "NO it should have been X", or "EA is the devil incarnate you cannot belive what they say about getting better", or "EA cash shops are simply horrible"

On that last note, I give you. but then again my opinnion is  that all cassh shops are horrible. How things are handled in a f2p model are not standardized. this is self evident that no two cash shops are the same unless by the same company. There are many that are similar, some offer boosts, some offer p2w like deals. I look forward to seeing an update on your opinnion of the f2p model. I'm not expecting anything to honestly change, from the sounds of it superniceguy you also had a problem with the basic gameplay, and to be honest that hasn't changed much, and in some instance gotten worse (everyone likes to point to Ilium)

superniceguy

Hard Core Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

1/09/13 6:57:07 PM#122
Originally posted by superniceguy
 Someone who comes into a game/forum, proclaims they do not, nor will not, play a game and then bashes people who are trying to defend opinnions of "hey this isn't so bad" IS a hater.

That is not true, that is a lie.

I have said I will play SWTOR when they unlock more char slots and now they have I will, just finishing off EQ2 winter event before it goes bye bye tomorrow for another year.

I have also said that I would play it if they fixed the issues I keep stating, but it is not going to get fixed with people stating it is good when it is bad. This is a MMO where devs work on it to improve it. If this was a single player game where changes do not really happen, then you would have a point.

Hey now, read that first word.

If you want to be mad at me for calling you a hater, then do it with the phrase I used "Look at the words under your avatar" The statement you quoted is a blanket satement for the others who have come in to bash the game "I've played 20 min and never again", "The f2p is horrible and I'll never touch it" stuff like that.

The f2p model is becoming better, this is something that I've becried "please be patient" however all many sides I've gotten the "NO it should have been X", or "EA is the devil incarnate you cannot belive what they say about getting better", or "EA cash shops are simply horrible"

On that last note, I give you. but then again my opinnion is  that all cassh shops are horrible. How things are handled in a f2p model are not standardized. this is self evident that no two cash shops are the same unless by the same company. There are many that are similar, some offer boosts, some offer p2w like deals. I look forward to seeing an update on your opinnion of the f2p model. I'm not expecting anything to honestly change, from the sounds of it superniceguy you also had a problem with the basic gameplay, and to be honest that hasn't changed much, and in some instance gotten worse (everyone likes to point to Ilium)

If you meant it as a blanket statement to everyone, then you should have stated it on a separate paragraph, instead of including it in the same paragraph that starts off pointing comments directly towards me.

The trouble with most of the arguments lately seems to be from misunderstanding what you are saying, as your words are all over the place, one minute you are aiming your comments at me, then someone else, then everyone, and rarely quote anyone yet are responding to someone many posts back or everryone all at once. It is getting confusing and doing my head in.

The words under my avatar are being taken out of context, as I prefer LOTRO to Rift, so LOTRO > Rift, but I still play both, and I did at one time have extra words on it - "The above is hopefully subject to change" but there was no room for all that now, I still mean that but as time goes on there is getting less and less hope of that.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Search