Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,747 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,870
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Why is Everyone who purchased the game, so upset with FTP?

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search
151 posts found
  etlar

Old School

Breakdown: Achiever 33.33%, Explorer 60.00%, Killer 66.67%, Socializer 40.00%

11/19/12 10:58:00 AM#121

Im upset because:

I bought CE version, very exspensive.   subbed intil a few month b4 f2p.....got 100 cartel coins, what a joke, an insult.

and i cant play my max lvl dude without purchasing skills bars...c+mion ... a loyal customer?

edit: btw: skillsbars i fcking paid for when i bought CE version, cant even eqio my goddamn gear? just lol...what an insult.

Sevenstar61

Elite Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

11/19/12 11:00:18 AM#122
Originally posted by etlar

Im upset because:

I bought CE version, very exspensive.   subbed intil a few month b4 f2p.....got 100 cartel coins, what a joke, an insult.

and i cant play my max lvl dude without purchasing skills bars...c+mion ... a loyal customer?

Loyal customer = subbed customer. Period.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

etlar

Old School

11/19/12 11:01:06 AM#123
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Im upset because:

lol.....you joking?

etlar

Old School

11/19/12 11:04:39 AM#124

Im upset because:

lol.....you joking?

I can only conclude you are, defending this with "just sub".. how many cells u got? if im a subber until a few months ago, from the start, even preorder, and im not loyal? the fucks wrong with you?

User Deleted
11/19/12 11:04:58 AM#125

Probably because they forked out $60 for a game that is now effectively worth nothing.

It would be like if you purchased Skyrim and then next week they were giving it out for free, you wouldnt be massively impressed. Most other games dont become completely worthless that quickly.

Panthien

Novice Member

11/19/12 11:11:53 AM#126
Originally posted by DSWBeef
Didnt read the whole thread but this is my take on it. When i saw that i had to SUB to get the Cartel coins from my previous subs + CE purchase I was speechless, I am entitled to that. I payed 150$ + 2 months for a failure of a themepark mmo. Its alo that returnign players have essentially the same restrictions that a f2p player has. I mean a hotbar limit of 2??!?!?!?!?!?! Aion does free to play right. I mean look at it, aion is incredibly successful as F2P and it offers fluff items in its store last i looked.

I have my own gripes about the f2p model BUT I do agree with most of the restrictions. I dont agree wth the hotbar restriction.

Their offer is far from missleading and makes 100% sense : (from their email)

Remember, you must return as a Subscriber to take advantage of this golden opportunity!

Not sure what is deceptive about that, it always was explained in their FAQ. Not to mention..

Common sense, did you really expect them to PAY you to play for free?

Panthien

Novice Member

11/19/12 11:17:18 AM#127

Im upset because:

lol.....you joking?

I can only conclude you are, defending this with "just sub".. how many cells u got? if im a subber until a few months ago, from the start, even preorder, and im not loyal? the fucks wrong with you?

No, you stopped being both a loyal customer when you changed to former customer.

Ryukan

Novice Member

11/19/12 11:20:34 AM#128
Originally posted by evilastro

Probably because they forked out $60 for a game that is now effectively worth nothing.

It would be like if you purchased Skyrim and then next week they were giving it out for free, you wouldnt be massively impressed. Most other games dont become completely worthless that quickly.

Correction, most good games don't become completely worthless that quickly. Funny you mentioned Skyrim, still costs $60. Speaking of which, I never made it all the way to the end of Skyrim (mobo went when I was halfway trhought he game, looks like it's time for another playthrough of Skyrim...thanks for reminding me).

But trust me, you don't want to be of this opinion in this thread, at least from my perspective hehe.

Big Star Wars fan here, but I resisted the urge to buy the collector's edition I was so psyched for SWTOR...thankful for that at least.

MMOGamer71

Hard Core Member

11/19/12 11:21:59 AM#129
Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Originally posted by Ryukan What, I should be happy with a crappy F2P model and the fact that the $50 I spent on the game is worthless less than a year later?
The F2P conversion has nothing to do with the $50 you spent. If the F2P conversion did not happen, your $50 would have purchased you the exact same amount of stuff.  
That you have to resubscribe to to get.............................

I really have no response to this other than a lot of people are self entitled whiners.

And alot of people duck, dodge and deflect "main" issues calling people "whiners".

Vorthanion

Hard Core Member

11/19/12 11:22:20 AM#130
Originally posted by jimmydatwin

I don't understand the sense of entitlement.  You bought the game knowing that you could play the game as is for $15/month.  You still can.  Your original terms haven't changed, you have just been offered a limited alternative for free.  Why is that a bad thing?  You get prefered status for your previous investment(as does anyone else who spends money/subs in the future so they are not taking that away from you).

My questions is this: If you ignore the FTP option that wasnt available a week ago, what has changed from the day you decided this game was worth buying?

If the only thing that changed is that the game isn't worth a sub fee to you anymore, then think of this: I have a collection of about 25 MMO's that I have bought and don't play anymore.  Also add to that the hundreds of other games that I have bought at full price over the past 20 years and don't play anymore and I think we can say that games aren't meant to play forever (I currently play about 5 games).  I feel that out of all those games that I may have made a bad purchase on maybe 20-40 (roughly 15% I'd say) and you couldn't pay me to play those games now, let alone get me to play for free.

I haven't played SWTOR, but may give it a shot at some point now that it is FTP.  Just curious as to whether or not I am missing something when I see recent forum posts are always littered with posts about how "done wrong" people who purchased this game are with the FTP transition.

The original terms have changed.  I'm a subscriber and I have noticed a slowdown of XP rates, money acquisition and nice loot drops since the patch.  I'm sure these are to encourage people to buy the XP modifiers and things like Pilot Skills to make up for the decrease in income.  The lower income rates also have a great effect on my ability to expand my bag space, once again, pushing players like me who don't craft for money or play the market to feel the need to buy cartel bag expansions.  The basics of the game have taken a hit for subscribers in order to entice the use of the store.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

11/19/12 11:39:47 AM#131

Originally posted by Ryukan

Originally posted by Ryukan

Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by Ryukan What, I should be happy with a crappy F2P model and the fact that the $50 I spent on the game is worthless less than a year later?
The F2P conversion has nothing to do with the $50 you spent. If the F2P conversion did not happen, your $50 would have purchased you the exact same amount of stuff.  
 Missed the point. Does one still have to pay $50 just to get the game? No. If I had not bought the game when it came out and waited until now I could have saved $50. Worthless was perhaps a poor choice of words on my part, but that $50 is meaningless now.
I see. You are saying that something purchased right now for your computer makes something you purchased six months or a year ago obsolete. My goodness, I've never seen this before. I'm not sure I can buy anything now. Whatever will I do with the rest of my life? ** edit ** If you felt the money was well spent before the F2P transition, then it was well spent. If you thought then that the money was wasted, then it's still wasted now. An event happening now doesn't change history, it changes the future.  
Per the underlined, what I am actually saying is that something that is now free compared to costing $50 less than a year ago makes the MONEY seem meaningless to me. You can't even purchase it now..IT's FREE ffs. The item is not meaningless or obsolete it's just free. However THE MONEY I SPENT ON IT FEELS MEANINGLESS. If I had known I could have waited less than a year and not spent $50 on the game, I would not have spent $50 on it. Whatever the money is long spent and I wish I hasd waited until the F2P to check out the game so I could have saved me $50 plus 6 months sub fee. So no, I don't feel the money was well spent before the F2P because I could have avoided spending that money completely. I won't say SWTOR is worthless itself, but I don't think it is worth $50+$15 a month which is what it cost me when it came out. I don't think it is really worth the $15 a month even minus the $50 cost.--ok ok maybe I am saying SWTOR is pretty worthless...to me hehe. I admit, I am getting tired of MMO's lately, one gear grindy themepark after another.

Lesson learned, I won't bother spending $50 on an MMO anymore, I'll just wait until it is F2P. Then I can just download said game for free and if I enjoy it, buy a one month sub for it and get the whole game for much less.

Per the red, I'm truly sorry I caused you such stress in your life and I hope that with time and good therapy you will be able to carry on with the rest of your existence. Actually the mocking tone sounds kind of butthurt in a way, do you really think I care that much if my opinion has that much weight...which I know it doesnt.

The money you spent is meaningless. That's because the money is gone. If you are going to fret over something you buy now becoming free in the future, then yes, the only logical choice is to never buy a game when it first comes out, and always wait for the game to become F2P. In the case of console games, it would be waiting for the games to end up in the bargain bin or for the games to go to Good Old Games or something similar.

I did mock you. Mostly because this isn't the first time a game has gone F2P. This is another in what's getting to be a pretty long list of games that are going F2P. The "I wasted my money on a game that went F2P" ship sailed a long time ago.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

lizardbones

Elite Member

I think with my heart and move with my head.-Kongos

11/19/12 11:44:59 AM#132

Originally posted by Ryukan What, I should be happy with a crappy F2P model and the fact that the $50 I spent on the game is worthless less than a year later?
That you have to resubscribe to to get.............................
I really have no response to this other than a lot of people are self entitled whiners.  
And alot of people duck, dodge and deflect "main" issues calling people "whiners".

That's just it. There are real issues here. For instance, you can't buy additional character slots. Why not? That doesn't make any sense at all. People would be throwing money at Bioware for more character slots. It doesn't bode well (to me) if such an obvious money maker is left out. Especially since things that are so iffy are left in, like the skill bars. I understand why free players only get 2, and it makes sense. Unless you're going to get premium content or subscribe, you don't really need the extra bars. But it's an odd thing...something people will complain about even if it makes sense. Why charge money for something people normally don't think about, and will complain about when you can probably charge more money for something else that people would really want?

Most of the posts though are people whining about not getting enough for free. It's self-entitled whining.

** edit **
Even subscribers might buy extra character slots. I just don't get it.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.

Zekiah

Advanced Member

Hype (noun)
1. to trick; gull.
2. exaggerated publicity; hoopla.
3. swindle, deception, or trick.

11/19/12 11:45:14 AM#133
Originally posted by Skuz

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH I can't get everything I want for free, those money-grabbing bastards!!!!

Hmm, I guess it's not really free then is it?

F2P is a scam, perhaps that's partly why people are pissed.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

bliss14

Advanced Member

Ahh devil ether.

11/19/12 11:55:20 AM#134
Originally posted by Astropuyo

So many don't care yet they post that they don't care.

Yes , yes you do care. Otherwise why waste your life on posting?

It's a fun enough game. Good story, fair combat, nice locations if theme parked, and mostly?

You don't have to buy the box and can enjoy the game for free and if you want the perks of a sub? Well?

Sub. It's a good enough game for me, though unlike some of the raving nutjobs (Not to be confused with Raving Nutters [me]) I have more than one mmo, and i juggle them.

I'd highly suggest subbing to TOR, it's worth the few months to try it out and the pvp is fairly fun.

Of course I'm sure a counter will be brought up giving you fifty reasons why poster A hates this game and doesn't care about it enough to post abou tit.

+10

It is amazing that people who trash this game and say every day that thay won't be playing it anyway, are complaining about F2P model. Indeed why do you care? Move on!!!!

The comment titie is

Why is Everyone who purchased the game, so upset with FTP?

That kind of asks people who don't like FTP to post about it correct? 

saxifr

Hard Core Member

11/19/12 12:00:09 PM#135
Originally posted by Robokapp

so now let's talk about how F2P made it a better game.

how has game improved since last week ?

This deserves its own thread!

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

saxifr

Hard Core Member

11/19/12 12:08:35 PM#136

Im upset because:

I pledge allegiance, to EA...

RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

Praxus

Novice Member

11/19/12 2:34:10 PM#137

Logged my inquisitor in last night a year or so after quitting. Played for 30 minutes then logged off in disgust. What a boring, repetitive POS. Luckily Planetside 2 is coming out tomorrow; and while it's fairly repetitive too; at least its fun and has a good variety of things to do.

Yamota

Advanced Member

"I fight so you don't have to."

11/19/12 2:46:54 PM#138

You paid for something that is now free, i.e. the box price. How dificult can it be to imagine that some people would be upset about it?

Imagine you bought a car and then later it was given for free. You still have to maintain the car either way but it does not change the fact that you paid for it and now people can get one for free.

grimal

Spotlight Poster

11/19/12 2:50:03 PM#139

You paid the full purchase price to experience the game at launch time.

Just like when you pay the full cinema price vs. when it goes to the dollar theatre.  Same thing.

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you." - Robin Williams

david361107

Hard Core Member

11/19/12 2:54:34 PM#140

Actually no body really give a crap about this game anymore be its sub or free. The only issue with F2P is the community goes down when you have a bunch of F2P goons running around,

think of the 15 minutes of free pool time in Caddy Shack, nuff said.

Peace,

Lascer

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search