Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,995 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,748
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Corrupt panel of judges award SWTOR the overall winner of the Game Developers Choice Online Awards

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
96 posts found
  keithian

Elite Member

10/12/12 8:58:41 PM#61
Originally posted by sleepr27
Originally posted by Jenosyde
Another reason why people think its OK to make terrible games. Still get rewarded for failures..

SWTOR a terrible game? thanks for the laugh. Why can't people just say "It's a good game, just not my thing". I also don't like GW2, for me it's one of the most boring MMO's i've played. Yet i don't come here saying "this game is garbage".

You want to know what's terrible?! I'll tell you, it's the MMO community. A bunch of spoiled brats who can't see anything improving or growing with time. 

+1 for the real truth.

There Is Always Hope!

Yizle

Novice Member

10/12/12 9:19:17 PM#62
Another reason why people think its OK to make terrible games. Still get rewarded for failures..

SWTOR a terrible game? thanks for the laugh. Why can't people just say "It's a good game, just not my thing".

Because we would be lying. Our original statement is correct.

Rhoklaw

Elite Member

$500 Backer to 2014's Top New MMO... The Repopulation!

10/12/12 9:20:44 PM#63
Originally posted by keithian

SWTOR a terrible game? thanks for the laugh. Why can't people just say "It's a good game, just not my thing". I also don't like GW2, for me it's one of the most boring MMO's i've played. Yet i don't come here saying "this game is garbage".

You want to know what's terrible?! I'll tell you, it's the MMO community. A bunch of spoiled brats who can't see anything improving or growing with time. 

+1 for the real truth.

In the end we are all human with our own opinions, likes, dislikes and desires. No one MMO is going to win everyone's hearts. So theoretically every game will have fanbois and haters cause we all want something tailored to our own specific gaming fetishes.

I for one enjoyed SWTOR during open beta but learned to hate it shortly after the first month of launch. I also endured the same disappointment with GW2 thinking it was going to replace my much missed DAoC. Honestly, I just wish game developers would make niche games instead of trying to please every single person and end up with a giant heap of crap for an MMO that no one likes.

Kakkzooka

Spotlight Poster

10/12/12 9:34:07 PM#64

Where did 2/3rds of that $500 million budget go? Oh - now we now. Or, now we've been reminded.

Imagine if they focused on putting that money into the game?

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

starwarsnut

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 12:08:43 AM#65

peoples choice award

Most incompetent dev of the year  gabe ametegelo!!

Most arrogant know it all James ohlen!

Worst priority decider james ohlen!

Worst pvp team swtor!

Biggest mmo failure of the year swtor!

Mmo that lied to its customers the most this year? swtor!

Biggest waste of a franchise IP swtor!

biggest amount of layoffs publicized! swtor

Fumbling of PR swtor!

Worst server merges in history 2 times in a row swtor!

who cares about game developers choice heres the peoples choice. I proudly give these awards it was well earned!

IfrianMMO

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 12:18:01 AM#66
Words fail me.

karmath

Hard Core Member

10/13/12 2:49:18 AM#67
Originally posted by keithian

+1 for the real truth.

lol. I find it humorous that some people still blindly defend this game. Roughly 2 million people quit and is going FTP faster than 95% of any other MMO's released to date, pack that ontop of the 400 million budget, its just unfathomable how people cant get over their pride and admit they paid top dollar for a sub par, utter and complete shit game like an idiot.

JoeyMMO

Advanced Member

To busy playing GW2 to post much around here... *shrug*

10/13/12 4:17:06 AM#68
So EA gives themselves a prize, who cares?

zevni78

Elite Member

10/13/12 9:29:40 AM#69

People seem keen to dismiss the other candidates, and though it is indeed in-keeping with Occ's razor to see them as the reason SWTOR won anything, one does have to ask questions about who gets to choose these other candidates; certainly the judges and EA's own reputation needs to be taken into account.

Also last year Rift won many awards, a game many would say was mediocre, but there wasn’t much competition then either, and before that Star Trek Online was MMO of the year on various sites, so thin was the competition.

One point I wish to make, for me at least Glitch disserved some recognition; it is a very nice little game and innovates far beyond any other mmo nominated.

dwarfhealer

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 9:32:55 AM#70

I thought they gave it to the European Union...

timeraider

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 9:36:31 AM#71
wait what... SWTOR isnt that bad as some people might suggest... but surely it isnt close to becoming prizeworthy..

Games im waiting for: Divinity:Original Sin, A hat in time, Stonehearth, Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

10/13/12 9:41:40 AM#72
Originally posted by starwarsnut

peoples choice award

Worst pvp team swtor!

Fumbling of PR swtor!

who cares about game developers choice heres the peoples choice. I proudly give these awards it was well earned!

LOL

timeraider

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 9:42:35 AM#73
Originally posted by RefMinor
Originally posted by starwarsnut

peoples choice award

Worst pvp team swtor!

Fumbling of PR swtor!

LOL

All the above for a third time :D

Games im waiting for: Divinity:Original Sin, A hat in time, Stonehearth, Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn

3-4thElf

Novice Member

10/13/12 9:46:30 AM#74

Maybe the catagory was mislabled?

Best WoW-Clone with Voice Acting!

I'd probably still pick Wizards 101.

a yo ho ho

CujoSWAoA

Apprentice Member

"Pablo Picasso said art is a lie that tells the truth."

10/13/12 9:47:00 AM#75

No, its a terrible game.

Pilnkplonk

Advanced Member

10/13/12 10:09:21 AM#76
pathetic
  gravesworn

Novice Member

10/13/12 10:41:13 AM#77
It is reasons like this that I uninstalled SWTOR and BF3 and purged Origin from my computers. I will never touch anything having to do with EA again. Let them survive off of their console sports franchises if they want.
  Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 1:40:13 PM#78
Originally posted by gravesworn
It is reasons like this that I uninstalled SWTOR and BF3 and purged Origin from my computers. I will never touch anything having to do with EA again. Let them survive off of their console sports franchises if they want.

I don´t get people like this. EA is a freakin´ game distributor, those EA haters have a serious problem with their boycot attitude.

(Which I think is nothing but Internet acting and they buy EA distributed stuff anyway from multiple studios)

You behave like a kid telling court the big bad man in black from EA came to your house and hit you with a baseball bat and kidnapped your mommy.

Sheesh...

tiefighter25

Novice Member

10/13/12 2:10:17 PM#79
Originally posted by Yakamomoto
Originally posted by gravesworn

I don´t get people like this. EA is a freakin´ game distributor, those EA haters have a serious problem with their boycot attitude.

(Which I think is nothing but Internet acting and they buy EA distributed stuff anyway from multiple studios)

You behave like a kid telling court the big bad man in black from EA came to your house and hit you with a baseball bat and kidnapped your mommy.

Sheesh...

Are you refering to the company that recently tried to strong arm Nintendo into making its entire new online network Origin exclusive?

Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 2:36:42 PM#80
Originally posted by karmath

lol. I find it humorous that some people still blindly defend this game. 

Only on these forums will someone be accused for blindly defending a game when they're really just playing a game they like. There's a lot of white knights on these boards, but the above is the worst imo.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search