Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,195 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,820
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
56 posts found
  Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 5:10:06 PM#41
Originally posted by Karteli

Nobody around here is saying they want SWTOR to be like WoW?  Or did I miss something..

By this, I meant:

Originally posted by Senkensha                                                                                                    If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.
Those requesting heavy sandbox elements are always going to be dissapointed, it's just not that type of game.
  Karteli

Elite Member

10/13/12 5:18:26 PM#42
Originally posted by Draron

Nobody around here is saying they want SWTOR to be like WoW?  Or did I miss something..

By this, I meant the 

Originally posted by Senkensha
  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

(In Red.)  Which appears to be a random comment (or the poster didn't bother reading).   Did anyone actually expect a non-story driven game?  Not in this thread.  SWTOR is, after all, a BioWare game, even if owned by EA.

Originally it was just someones random venting without cause or citation.  Quoting it is pointless, as the quote never pertained to any portion of the conversation in this thread, and quoting it only serves to derail a thread.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 5:30:24 PM#43

(In Red.)  Which appears to be a random comment (or the poster didn't bother reading).   Did anyone actually expect a non-story driven game?  Not in this thread.  SWTOR is, after all, a BioWare game, even if owned by EA.

Originally it was just someones random venting without cause or citation.  Quoting it is pointless, as the quote never pertained to any portion of the conversation in this thread, and quoting it only serves to derail a thread.

Not random, far from it. It was mostly rose up from just reading the comments in this article. A lot of people excpect them to toss in SWG like features when it wouldn't fit.

Karteli

Elite Member

10/13/12 5:49:19 PM#44

Not random, far from it. It was mostly rose up from just reading the comments in this article. A lot of people excpect them to toss in SWG like features when it wouldn't fit.

So if this thread was about guild halls, and someone interjects, saying, "Space combat sucks".  Then that wasn't random either, right?  Because it's talked about in another thread.

Brilliant, sir!

Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 5:51:43 PM#45

So if this thread was about guild halls, and someone interjects, saying, "Space combat sucks".  Then that wasn't random either, right?  Because it's talked about in another thread.

Brilliant, sir!

Of course not. You must've missed this part of my post:

On topic, it's a nice patch if they're sticking to there 6 week update schedule. If they go months again without updating, then I have to say this would be a dissapointment. 

Surely I can go off topic part of my post and agree with a poster mentioning they shouldn't expect a non-story driven game from Bioware, can't I? Just as you went off topic with this conversation and most of your other posts above replying to off topic subjects the same as I did, no? 

You're trying too hard.

Karteli

Elite Member

10/13/12 6:02:11 PM#46

Brilliant, sir!

On topic, it's a nice patch if they're sticking to there 6 week update schedule. If they go months again without updating, then I have to say this would be a dissapointment. 

Surely I can go off topic part of my post and agree with a poster mentioning they shouldn't expect a non-story driven game from Bioware, can't I? Just as you went off topic with this conversation and most of your other posts above replying to off topic subjects the same as I did, no? 

Your trying too hard.

Well, I see what you mean, it's cool.  You simply did not fully read the responses in the thread and just responded to the one about people wanting WoW.  You picked the most contentious topic though, lol. Good job :-)

I can only hope that was not your intent..:P

Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 6:05:32 PM#47

Brilliant, sir!

Your trying too hard.

Well, I see what you mean, it's cool.  You simply did not fully read the responses in the thread and just responded to the one about people wanting WoW.  You picked the most contentious topic though, lol. Good job :-)

I didn't respond to the WoW comment. I had that part of the quote in there, yes, but my comment was entirely about some wanting sandbox features in SWTOR and was the opposite of if people wanted WoW in SWTOR. That should've hinted rather bluntly at what I was implying. Of course, you can nitpick, but it reduces you to grasping at straws so to speak.

Karteli

Elite Member

10/13/12 6:26:38 PM#48

Brilliant, sir!

Your trying too hard.

I didn't respond to the WoW comment. I had that part of the quote in there, yes, but my comment was entirely about some wanting sandbox features in SWTOR and was the opposite of if people wanted WoW in SWTOR. That should've hinted rather bluntly at what I was implying. Of course, you can nitpick, but it reduces you to grasping at straws so to speak.

Yes, you did respond to the WoW comment.  Here was your original post:

Sure, it's a themepark, does that make it like WoW?  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

This. When I read a post saying "This is what Star Wars fans want", I have to sigh. It's a Bioware game, of course it's going to be a directed story experience. For those that wanted something else, that's understandable, as is expecting features that would be reasonable in this type of MMO. But saying each patch isn't giving what you want when the game's foundation isn't what you want is like beating a head horse. 

The Original post in ORANGE, and your post in GREEN.

Perhaps we're on the same page though, eh?  We wan't a Star Wars MMO game.  My point was only that people generally did not want a WoW clone.  The OP (Senkensha) instigated the idea and you jumped on it.  There is no grasping for straws, as this is what it is.  Good enough?

Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 6:30:56 PM#49

Brilliant, sir!

Your trying too hard.

Sure, it's a themepark, does that make it like WoW?  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

This. When I read a post saying "This is what Star Wars fans want", I have to sigh. It's a Bioware game, of course it's going to be a directed story experience. For those that wanted something else, that's understandable, as is expecting features that would be reasonable in this type of MMO. But saying each patch isn't giving what you want when the game's foundation isn't what you want is like beating a head horse. 

Perhaps we're on the same page though, eh?  We wan't a Star Wars MMO game.  My point was only that people generally did not want a WoW clone.  The OP (Senkensha) instigated the idea and you jumped on it.  There is no grasping for straws, as this is what it is.  Good enough?

You don't get it do you? By responding, I meant agreeing with that part of the post. My post obviously shows I'm agreeing with the "If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly." part. I mentioned nothing about the WoW part because I obviously wasn't responding to it. Again, you let a part of a post I quoted infer I jumped on it when I didn't even mention it AT ALL in my post. That's grasping at straws. There's no need to clarify where we stand, as your making something out of nothing. 

Karteli

Elite Member

10/13/12 6:43:22 PM#50

Brilliant, sir!

Your trying too hard.

You don't get it do you? By responding, I meant agreeing with that part of the post. My post obviously shows I'm agreeing with the "If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly." part. Again, grasping at straws. There's no need to clarify where we stand, as your making something out of nothing. 

Funny, you never mention sandbox, eh?  You do mention BioWare story driven games, which are entirely THEMEPARK.  Your post is in RED now, so it can be clearly highlighted.

You seem to be flipping to whichever side suits your argument.  BioWare is not known for sandbox games.  Maybe you meant something else? :P

Draron

Novice Member

10/13/12 6:47:46 PM#51

Funny, you never mention sandbox, eh?  You do mention BioWare story driven games, which are entirely THEMEPARK.  Your post is in RED now, so it can be clearly highlighted.

You seem to be flipping to whichever side suits your argument.  BioWare is not known for sandbox games.  Maybe you meant something else? :P

What? Can we get a 3rd party in here to make sure I or Karteli isn't reading this wrong, because I'm literally confused. 

I quoted something that mentioned people wanting WoW in the post, but I mentioned nothing about it because I didn't agree with it. I only agreed with the part that said if someone expected a game that was non-story driven (sandbox features in the article I linked earlier) from Bioware was silly. You said I was off topic and it was random, which it obviously wasn't as someone brought it up in this thread and I responded in one of my on topic posts as you did several times already. I never implied people wanted SWTOR to be WoW in my post. What's not to understand?

Edit: Nevermind, your just nitpicking about a single word now when it obviously was meant as non-story driven. When it comes down to that, I know to end it and not drag it out any longer. I'll save this thread from further de-railment.

Karteli

Elite Member

10/13/12 6:57:55 PM#52

What? Can we get a 3rd party in here to make sure I or Karteli isn't reading this wrong, because I'm literally confused. 

I quoted something that mentioned people wanting WoW in the post, but I mentioned nothing about it because I didn't agree with it. I only agreed with the part that said if someone expected a game that was non-story driven (sandbox features in the article I linked earlier) from Bioware was silly. You said I was off topic and it was random, which it obviously wasn't as someone brought it up in this thread and I responded in one of my on topic posts as you did several times already. I never implied people wanted SWTOR to be WoW in my post. What's not to understand?

Edit: Nevermind, obviously your just nitpicking about a single word now when it obviously was meant as non-story driven. Not dragging this on longer.

I'd identify Senkensha as the source of this mess.

All of you guys who talk about how to be the big WoW killer and how the population isn't big enough, need to /stop/. Like yesterday.

Go take a gander at the game list on this site. Do you see 5 games in the list? Or do you see like 800+?

Maybe it's a good thing that we have mmo's that cater to different people with different tastes and maybe that's why this industry is so cool? If I wanted another WoW, I'd say so. I really don't though. If I want to play WoW, I'll go resub. I don't plan on it, but I do think it has it's corner of the market. I also think that Guild Wars 2 has it's place, and Aion, and The Secret World, and Tera, and so on and so forth. They all deserve a piece, and just because there's less than six-figure players does not equate to "bad game". It equates to people wanting too hard to have Call of Duty the MMO, which means you're completely missing the point.

Find what you like and play it. Stop trying to play what has the most people or wanting something to have more people than anything else. The Old Republic is more considerably a continuation of KoTOR, and the content only further stresses that. Take a hint folks.

Enough EA destroyed Mythic, EA destroyed Bioware, Activision destroyed Blizzard talk.  Sure, the company directions maybe changed a bit.  But in the end, it was the same staff backing the projects.  (For more, read as Mythic -> ToA, Bioware... being good at single player experiences still?, and Blizzard adding SPACE GOAT TRIANGLE MEN to their game pre-activision).  None of these games are bad, they just aren't YOUR game.

Why would you deem something you don't like to fail?  

Which was random and without context.  It led to what we are seeing.  Draron - you seem like a senseible SW fan worthy of debate. +1 (you may be right, or you may not be, but you like to argue /duck)

dakotaaoc08

Advanced Member

10/13/12 6:59:34 PM#53
I would come back only if the removed the need for companions.
  catlana

Novice Member

Playing GW2, ToR, PoE
Played AoC, Aion, DDO, EQ2, CoH, Rift, TERA, WAR, WoW

10/17/12 9:57:25 AM#54
Originally posted by SuperXero89

Nobody is asking for SWTOR to fail,

Oh yes they are.  TES Online is kinda getting the same treatment right now as well.

Yeah, the boards for that game are not a fun place to be. 

Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

11/03/12 12:43:46 PM#55

Just found this video showing HK-51 combat animations. I can't wait to get my hands on this awesome robot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JfdXoBl_Jt4#!

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

"Veni Vidi Vici"

11/03/12 12:53:10 PM#56
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Just found this video showing HK-51 combat animations. I can't wait to get my hands on this awesome robot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JfdXoBl_Jt4#!

I miss all the combat animations in swtor, :'( sucks it didn't meet my expectations in the PvP department.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search