Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,031 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,192
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » [poll] Which top feature to get yourself interested in the game again

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
104 posts found
  AG-Vuk

Advanced Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Oh, I see it's too late to help you.

10/12/12 12:36:52 PM#21
Mod delete please , duplicate post. Thank you.

nightsoft

Novice Member

10/12/12 10:03:31 PM#22

I have to admit, saying the best feature would be to shut the game down gave me a giggle or two.

At the very least they need to add a BF2 style persistent space battleground with PVE and PVP content and open up the planets to more exploration. That would go a long way toward keeping my interest.

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

10/13/12 1:23:11 PM#23
i ll back only if TOR has to transformed in to  clean WAR clone

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

"Veni Vidi Vici"

10/13/12 1:26:02 PM#24
of course most people(including me) picked massive free roam universe.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

defector1968

Novice Member

Real Animal lovers are ONLY the vegetarians

10/13/12 1:31:58 PM#25

except...........

fully customizable housing and achievement display

free open space

all others are for those that actually still play the game.

i dont think that those 2 are good issues to bring back the 2 mill players

personally things that will bring me back (but its too late i think)

global chat

balanced classes

BoE for all cosmetic items

Deewe

Novice Member

10/13/12 8:11:19 PM#26

Other: too many features needed to mention only one as just one won't fix the game.

However there's one thing that I'm really looking forward: better communication in the Trion style. Being 2 way communication and accept to change features on players feedback, even if it's a 180 turn from what was felt needed for the game.

This would make a huge difference to the game. More than anything else.

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

10/13/12 8:23:45 PM#27

Take the glow off the lightsabres and call them swords to make the game less Star Wars-y. Leave the high end gear as it is, the design team has done a great job of removing any essence of Star Wars there. Decrease the phasing limit down to one, market it as a single player non-Star Wars game, then there is room for a proper Star Wars MMO.

Karteli

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 8:27:01 PM#28

Outside of space features, Rift is putting up the heat with their new housing creation, which actually consists of an entire realm, created by a user, not just a house.

Otherland is trying for something similar as well, but details are a bit sketchy.  It's a sci-fi game though.

Sadly, SWTOR is falling off the charts in innovation.  Not as a SW game should, but it is, what it is.  SWTOR can't compete with new ideas, unfortunately. Boo Lucas.

ref to housing trailers / game desc:

RIFT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrnL285MDFs

OTHERLAND:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSr15jlfOMk

(MyLand world creator @ 3:34)

ps. : I include those links just to substantiate my comments, not for endorsement.   Games might suck in the end.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

tiefighter25

Novice Member

10/13/12 8:40:38 PM#29
Originally posted by Deewe

Other: too many features needed to mention only one as just one won't fix the game.

However there's one thing that I'm really looking forward: better communication in the Trion style. Being 2 way communication and accept to change features on players feedback, even if it's a 180 turn from what was felt needed for the game.

Sometimes silence speaks volumes.

Bioware did attempt better communication from roughly January to April. They listened to their player base and added a custumizable UI and a groupfinder function. They also attempted to set up a ranled war zone system. They were on the verge of releasing a lot of new content for bored level 50's...

But, in the spring EA stepped in and decided to clean house and attempt a Freemium restructuring to sweep the dwindiling subscription numbers under the carpet. (Which was in my opinion, directly affecting EA's stock price.)

SWTOR's course is set and there will be no deviation or alteration of the course it has set upon since the Spring.

Bioware will continue to mete out stockpiled content till the FTP relaunch and reassess the situation in December after the initial wave of FTP players has decided whether or not they will reinfuse the game with revenue from cash shop purchases. (And how the FTP relaunch affects subscription numbers.)

Until then you can hope for communication all you want (see the Aussies asking about APAC server merges) but you won't get any real answers because Bioware's hands are tied to EA's dictates.

Karteli

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 9:02:12 PM#30
Originally posted by tiefighter25

Bioware did attempt better communication from roughly January to April. They listened to their player base and added a custumizable UI and a groupfinder function. They also attempted to set up a ranled war zone system. They were on the verge of releasing a lot of new content for bored level 50's...

But, in the spring EA stepped in and decided to clean house and attempt a Freemium restructuring to sweep the dwindiling subscription numbers under the carpet. (Which was in my opinion, directly affecting EA's stock price.)

SWTOR's course is set and there will be no deviation or alteration of the course it has set upon since the Spring.

Bioware will continue to mete out stockpiled content till the FTP relaunch and reassess the situation in December after the initial wave of FTP players has decided whether or not they will reinfuse the game with revenue from cash shop purchases. (And how the FTP relaunch affects subscription numbers.)

Until then you can hope for communication all you want (see the Aussies asking about APAC server merges) but you won't get any real answers because Bioware's hands are tied to EA's dictates.

EA will be the undoing of could have been a great game, no doubt.

Can you clarify the portion in VIOLET though?  I was under impression that EA stepped in, in 2011, to crap up this game, for marketting and bugetary reasons.

tiefighter25

Novice Member

10/13/12 9:19:47 PM#31

EA pretty much left Bioware to its own devices in developing this game. TO EA's credit, they silently admidted thay have a horrible track record with how they handle studios they buy out.

Bioware was given a huge budget and allowed (based on and in hopes of preserving Bioware's sterling reputation) to develope SWTOR as they saw fit. THe only thing that EA did in 2011 was give a firm reease date of x-mas 2011. EA was tired of years and years of development, time for ROI. EA wasn't daft either, SWTOR had a nice lull in which to launch in X-mas of 2011, no GW2 or MoP among others to worry about. So yes, after years of development, EA did say enough is enough and parts of the game were unfinished at release. (IE Legacy)

The game released, and to initial good sales. Many people didn't like the game and unsubbed en masse. Bioware was attempting to counter the mass exodus with quality of life improvments and upping the amount of content released with their large development staff. In the spring EA stepped in, changed many of the head developers, layed off (rumored 200+ staff) and decided to change the game to a Freemium structured game. And now we are here.

I'm not providing links. Google is FTP too.

Deewe

Novice Member

10/13/12 9:26:30 PM#32

Sorry but they never tried doing better communication. They added custom UI and group finder because the game, contrary to all other AAA MMO, lacked it.

They ditched the Q&A: 

Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez

The public changes started last Friday. We heard your feedback about the weekly Q&A so we decided to morph into a more dynamic model. Developers will now be responding more frequently to questions on the forums (which you can follow on Dev Tracker).

BTW people told them the Q&A sucked not because of the form but of the content.

Even now the moderators are screening the devs: 

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) what might be going on here. He mentioned that this may be an artifact of how tab targeting prioritizes enemies, and that it might be helpful to change your keybinding to "target nearest enemy." Let us know if this helps!

No 2 way communication. Check the PTS forums for 1.2, 1.3. 1,4. People despite the 1.2 gear it's still in and even used to advertize the game. ...down to 1.4 Nerfing commando when everyone agrees on it needed a buff in PvP, Changing Sage when nobody asked for it nor felt it was needed and finally lenghthening stuns in PvP

Finally check this out: A Message from the Community Manager

The thread has been unstickied because it made JovethGonzalez looks like a fool

Quote: Originally Posted by aristein View Post

I am going to be blunt. You sound like a politician. You use a lot of words to say very little and commit to nothing specific that you can be held to. Communication is good, hot air is not

Sorry you feel that way. I'm hoping our actions will speak louder than words and win you over eventually.

erictlewis

Advanced Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

10/13/12 9:30:45 PM#33
For me they would have to shut the game down and redo the game and get a new engine.  Until then it is going to be crap.
  f0dell54

Novice Member

Sanity....
It's for the weak.

10/13/12 9:32:39 PM#34
I wish you had a "none" on your poll.
  tiefighter25

Novice Member

10/13/12 9:35:04 PM#35

To Dewe: I didn't mean to imply that their communication was either very effective or heart felt, but they tried a bit, or at least paid it lip service.

They did have that Guild Summit and what not.

After the lay-offs they did decimate their public relations staff and their communication has become consistently worse, as you have pointed out. SOON™ and what have you.

jdlamson75

Spotlight Poster

There's some lovely filth down here.

10/13/12 9:36:52 PM#36
Originally posted by f0dell54
I wish you had a "none" on your poll.

/agree

slash_pet_attack

Novice Member

Slaying rats, skeletons, and raid mobs since 2002.

10/13/12 9:39:11 PM#37

I think SWTOR is a great game but I got burnt out after grinding to 50.  Anyway the feature I'd like to see here, and in all MMOs, is the feature Guild Wars 2 has which is everyone can self heal, tank, dps, etc.  With this feature anyone would be able to play the class they like without having to worry about playing whats needed.  Of course they would have to redesign the whole game but its just a pipe dream.

KingJiggly

Novice Member

Definition for innovation is below. Your welcome.

10/13/12 9:41:39 PM#38
A noose to hang my character with.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/innovation

Deewe

Novice Member

10/13/12 9:48:13 PM#39

To Dewe: I didn't mean to imply that their communication was either very effective or heart felt, but they tried a bit, or at least paid it lip service.

They did have that Guild Summit and what not.

After the lay-offs they did decimate their public relations staff and their communication has become consistently worse, as you have pointed out. SOON™ and what have you.

Don't think so.

IMHO they tried to do some damage control, versus really wanting to improve communication.

Now about the guild summit, it was lame as it split the community in two the puggers and the guildies.

BTW I agree on the fact they indeed hit hard their mods staff and it's sad because most of them did a great job, regarding how few the producer allowed them to say. They are good people if you ask.

Karteli

Apprentice Member

10/13/12 9:52:18 PM#40

EA pretty much left Bioware to its own devices in developing this game. TO EA's credit, they silently admidted thay have a horrible track record with how they handle studios they buy out.

Bioware was given a huge budget and allowed (based on and in hopes of preserving Bioware's sterling reputation) to develope SWTOR as they saw fit. THe only thing that EA did in 2011 was give a firm reease date of x-mas 2011. EA was tired of years and years of development, time for ROI. EA wasn't daft either, SWTOR had a nice lull in which to launch in X-mas of 2011, no GW2 or MoP among others to worry about. So yes, after years of development, EA did say enough is enough and parts of the game were unfinished at release. (IE Legacy)

The game released, and to initial good sales. Many people didn't like the game and unsubbed en masse. Bioware was attempting to counter the mass exodus with quality of life improvments and upping the amount of content released with their large development staff. In the spring EA stepped in, changed many of the head developers, layed off (rumored 200+ staff) and decided to change the game to a Freemium structured game. And now we are here.

I'm not providing links. Google is FTP too.

< nevermind, misread  >

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search