Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Neverwinter

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,222 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,785
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » EA must be getting desperate

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
65 posts found
  dorugu

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/06/03
Posts: 121

10/09/12 3:12:45 PM#21

wow is ea still holdin this alive? i thought theyd bled it dry by now n shut it down n offered yu guys a free month in uo or somefin like tht :).it sure has lasted longer thn i xpected but thn again i guess theyr contarctal bound n cant close it down yet

or perhaps they dun wanna piss george lucas off by killin this1 off to soon  :)

good idea just shoddily n sloppily handled

but thn again who knows? they avnt stated "lack of resourses" yet though

 

  Jeleena

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/27/08
Posts: 114

10/09/12 3:17:26 PM#22
Originally posted by RavingRabbid
@OP Let me get this straight...EA attempts to email advertise for people to play thier game and you think its desperation?  Many MMOs do this. I still get emails form Eve, Rifts, and even WOW to come back to play. Car companies, insurance, food, movies, etc all advertise to get you to buy thier products or services. Are they desperate too? I think maybe you wanna seem cool to a bunch of internet strangers and dis Swtor.

^^ This exactly. I also got this mail. I get mails from Blizzard all the time about WOW, I get mails from all kind of games I ever played or even when I just signed up on their forums for a while.....

I stopped playing SWTOR quite a while ago but I won't join the all out bashing of EVERY little thing around this game. Grow up....

  tiefighter25

Novice Member

Joined: 7/30/12
Posts: 949

10/09/12 3:18:01 PM#23
Originally posted by jerlot65

This post is proof that the MMORPG communitty is full of  the worst, most jaded, most idiotic people out there.  A simple email advertisement is picked apart, degraded, taken way out of context, held under a microscope, blown way out of proportion, and generates 100's of conspiracy/end of the world theories.

Any other product/company would do the same exact email and people who liked it would click on it and the people who dont would just delete it.  But no, not from a MMORPG company, oh heck no, this email must be the talk of the town now.

Give me a break people.

OP gets an unsolicited email. OP comments on said email.

You're right, he is the most entitled scum of the galaxy. For shame.

  Draron

Novice Member

Joined: 5/07/11
Posts: 1009

10/09/12 3:24:17 PM#24
Originally posted by RavingRabbid
@OP Let me get this straight...EA attempts to email advertise for people to play thier game and you think its desperation?  Many MMOs do this. I still get emails form Eve, Rifts, and even WOW to come back to play. Car companies, insurance, food, movies, etc all advertise to get you to buy thier products or services. Are they desperate too? I think maybe you wanna seem cool to a bunch of internet strangers and dis Swtor.

This. I get more from EVE than I'd like to count.

 

Originally posted by jerlot65

This post is proof that the MMORPG communitty is full of  the worst, most jaded, most idiotic people out there.  A simple email advertisement is picked apart, degraded, taken way out of context, held under a microscope, blown way out of proportion, and generates 100's of conspiracy/end of the world theories.

Any other product/company would do the same exact email and people who liked it would click on it and the people who dont would just delete it.  But no, not from a MMORPG company, oh heck no, this email must be the talk of the town now.

Give me a break people.

And this.

 

Originally posted by Enigmatus
Originally posted by jerlot65

Give me a break people.

Gimme a break, Gimme a break, Gimme a piece of that Kit Kat Bar!

/offtopic

Last one.

 

That's all I gotta say about this thread.

  User Deleted
10/09/12 3:26:09 PM#25
Originally posted by jerlot65

Give me a break people.

Gimme a break, Gimme a break, Gimme a piece of that Kit Kat Bar!

/offtopic

  Khaeros

Novice Member

Joined: 5/27/11
Posts: 463

10/09/12 3:31:09 PM#26
If you don't like it, there should be a way to unsubscribe from the mailing list.
  rendus

Novice Member

Joined: 10/14/08
Posts: 331

10/09/12 3:36:18 PM#27
As long as they haven't hidden the unsubscribe button again!
  Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

Joined: 1/02/08
Posts: 2423

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/09/12 3:36:28 PM#28
Originally posted by Khaeros
If you don't like it, there should be a way to unsubscribe from the mailing list.

When I quit the game a few months after release, and unsubscribed they still kept emailing me so  I just called them up and had them delete my account so I couldn't be counted in their bogus subscription numbers later on. Haven't gotten any emails since.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

  Betaguy

Hard Core Member

Joined: 12/31/04
Posts: 2358

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

10/09/12 3:38:19 PM#29
All I have to say is they destroyed Bioware and it saddens me, that is all.

  Myria

Hard Core Member

Joined: 5/07/09
Posts: 483

10/09/12 3:39:52 PM#30
Originally posted by Khaeros
If you don't like it, there should be a way to unsubscribe from the mailing list.

Ummm, there is. From the e-mail in question:

"To unsubscribe or otherwise manage your email preferences, visit https://account.swtor.com/user/info. "

And, seriously, I've gotten god knows how many e-mails from Eve, they seem to be the most prolific. Proof CCP is desperate? Hell, I get them from AoC, albeit not all that often. If there's anyone who should be desperate, it's Funcom. FE sends out e-mails every time G1st decides to have a sale, which is near weekly (and, in G1st's case, weakly). The list goes on.

Pretty much every MMO I've ever played, and that's most of them, sends out e-mails, so I have to conclude that SWTOR was the OP's first and last MMO.

  Karteli

Elite Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2688

10/09/12 5:52:22 PM#31
Originally posted by Gruug
Originally posted by erictlewis

I just got in from the grocery store and found this in my inbox

 

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Now Live!

Greetings idiotplayer:

Rejoin now to check out Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond and the brand new game features including the Dread Guard gear set and much more!

  • Claim Your Rewards – Renewing your subscription now will qualify you to receive a grant of Cartel Coins* (good for purchase of in-game items) at the launch of the Free-to-Play option this Fall.
  • New Challenges to Face – New Operation: Terror from Beyond is the most challenging and rewarding Operation to date. Get ready to face one of the largest and most dangerous enemies ever unleashed in The Old Republic. Group up and find out if you can save the galaxy!
  • Expanded Group Finder Features – Join a group for an Operation or Flashpoint and return to your previous location when you’ve completed the mission.
  • Enhanced Customization Options – Show your moods with the new emote modifiers and dress your Companions for success with the new Companion Unify Color option.

 

 
Thus must think I am a special kind of stupid to fall for that.  Hey we will give you carell coins, um well according to the fact that is supposed to happen anyways if you ever had a sub, now you have to have your sub active when it goes free to play to get them.
 
I wish there was a way to reply to that message from EA, but I will say it here. Sorry EA but I am in the least bit not interested.

 

Except you have your facts incorrect. You must have an ACTIVE ACCOUNT when F2P launches to qualify for those Cartel Coins. That means you get nothing for PREVIOUS MONTHS nor for months going forward. So, if you do not have an active sub...you get nothing.

Thanks for getting the facts correct.  Now I won't be getting Cartel Coins, since I'm not subscribing to a currently FUBAR game.

 

It's more of EA's attempt to promise a pot of gold at the end of the raindbow, then when you get close, the rainbow is gone (much like the history of this game).

 

When the game gets better, then those Cartel Coins mean something.  Until then, they are just dust in the wind, with promise of much more .... one day, they might be valuable .. but we can't guarantee that, just like we can't guarantee WZ's to be engaging for PUG's (because we allow Rated groups to stomp them while they are in their own queue).

 

EA hypothetical: "We don't know what we're doing, but we're trying!", "We'll get it right in a few months or even years if that is what it takes.  We are determined."

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

  GoldenArrow

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/09/08
Posts: 929

10/09/12 7:37:39 PM#32
If the game was any other IP than Star Wars it would have been brought down already. I don't see why they are even trying.
  Atrocitus

Novice Member

Joined: 10/01/12
Posts: 75

10/09/12 7:45:12 PM#33
Originally posted by GoldenArrow
If the game was any other IP than Star Wars it would have been brought down already. I don't see why they are even trying.

 

EA/BIO is milking every last nickel and dime from the players.......

 

 

Every last penny. And the Biodrones keep reaching in their pockets saying ' WE TRUST IN BIOWARE', foolishly..........

  Draron

Novice Member

Joined: 5/07/11
Posts: 1009

10/09/12 7:54:20 PM#34
Originally posted by Atrocitus
Originally posted by GoldenArrow
If the game was any other IP than Star Wars it would have been brought down already. I don't see why they are even trying.

 

EA/BIO is milking every last nickel and dime from the players.......

 

 

Every last penny. And the Biodrones keep reaching in their pockets saying ' WE TRUST IN BIOWARE', foolishly..........

Or maybe some of us are having fun in game. Just a thought. 

  hikaru77

Hard Core Member

Joined: 3/28/07
Posts: 920

10/09/12 8:00:21 PM#35
Originally posted by erictlewis

I just got in from the grocery store and found this in my inbox

 

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Now Live!

Greetings idiotplayer:

Rejoin now to check out Game Update 1.4: Terror from Beyond and the brand new game features including the Dread Guard gear set and much more!

  • Claim Your Rewards – Renewing your subscription now will qualify you to receive a grant of Cartel Coins* (good for purchase of in-game items) at the launch of the Free-to-Play option this Fall.
  • New Challenges to Face – New Operation: Terror from Beyond is the most challenging and rewarding Operation to date. Get ready to face one of the largest and most dangerous enemies ever unleashed in The Old Republic. Group up and find out if you can save the galaxy!
  • Expanded Group Finder Features – Join a group for an Operation or Flashpoint and return to your previous location when you’ve completed the mission.
  • Enhanced Customization Options – Show your moods with the new emote modifiers and dress your Companions for success with the new Companion Unify Color option.

 

 
Thus must think I am a special kind of stupid to fall for that.  Hey we will give you carell coins, um well according to the fact that is supposed to happen anyways if you ever had a sub, now you have to have your sub active when it goes free to play to get them.
 
I wish there was a way to reply to that message from EA, but I will say it here. Sorry EA but I am in the least bit not interested.

All the MMOs do the same thing, im still getting email, form AOC, Lotro, Warhammer and even GW2.

  superniceguy

Elite Member

Joined: 2/17/07
Posts: 2226

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

10/09/12 8:49:45 PM#36
Originally posted by jerlot65

This post is proof that the MMORPG communitty is full of  the worst, most jaded, most idiotic people out there.  A simple email advertisement is picked apart, degraded, taken way out of context, held under a microscope, blown way out of proportion, and generates 100's of conspiracy/end of the world theories.

Any other product/company would do the same exact email and people who liked it would click on it and the people who dont would just delete it.  But no, not from a MMORPG company, oh heck no, this email must be the talk of the town now.

Give me a break people.

Yep! Just to clarify, I mean yours

It is worth discussing, as it seems that they send out different emails, which I find fascinating, as currently I have a active sub but it is set for expiration within the next few days.

The email I received did not contain anything about Cartel coins, and claiming the rewards.

Also for accounts that have never registered the game get no email at all.

With other MMOs I receive the same email for all accounts, but as EA did not do this, then thanks to the OP I am now aware of the Cartel coins, as EA obviously not taken care of the people who are pending closure, so I can now zoom to my acount and make sure my account does not lapse and I can get those super duper cartel coins! AWESOME!

 

Here is the email I got:

 

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Now Live!
Greetings superniceguy:

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond includes several new features, the Dread Guard gear set and a new high-level Operation that we hope you and your friends will enjoy!

  • New Challenges to Face – New Operation: Terror from Beyond is the most challenging and rewarding Operation to date. Get ready to face one of the largest and most dangerous enemies ever unleashed in The Old Republic. Group up and find out if you can save the galaxy!
  • New Endgame Gear – Conquer the Operation: Terror From Beyond and upgrade your characters’ combat prowess and appearance with the legendary Dread Guard gear.
  • Expanded Group Finder Features – Join a group for an Operation or Flashpoint and return to your previous location when you’ve completed the mission.
  • Enhanced Customization Options – Show your moods with the new emote modifiers and dress your Companions for success with the new Companion Unify Color option.
 

 

 

  karmath

Hard Core Member

Joined: 8/24/05
Posts: 837

10/09/12 9:04:35 PM#37
I reported my email from them as a phishing scam lol.
  Sevenstar61

Elite Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1421

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

10/09/12 9:16:03 PM#38
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by jerlot65

This post is proof that the MMORPG communitty is full of  the worst, most jaded, most idiotic people out there.  A simple email advertisement is picked apart, degraded, taken way out of context, held under a microscope, blown way out of proportion, and generates 100's of conspiracy/end of the world theories.

Any other product/company would do the same exact email and people who liked it would click on it and the people who dont would just delete it.  But no, not from a MMORPG company, oh heck no, this email must be the talk of the town now.

Give me a break people.

Yep! Just to clarify, I mean yours

It is worth discussing, as it seems that they send out different emails, which I find fascinating, as currently I have a active sub but it is set for expiration within the next few days.

The email I received did not contain anything about Cartel coins, and claiming the rewards.

Also for accounts that have never registered the game get no email at all.

With other MMOs I receive the same email for all accounts, but as EA did not do this, then thanks to the OP I am now aware of the Cartel coins, as EA obviously not taken care of the people who are pending closure, so I can now zoom to my acount and make sure my account does not lapse and I can get those super duper cartel coins! AWESOME!

 

Here is the email I got:

 

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Now Live!
Greetings superniceguy:

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond includes several new features, the Dread Guard gear set and a new high-level Operation that we hope you and your friends will enjoy!

  • New Challenges to Face – New Operation: Terror from Beyond is the most challenging and rewarding Operation to date. Get ready to face one of the largest and most dangerous enemies ever unleashed in The Old Republic. Group up and find out if you can save the galaxy!
  • New Endgame Gear – Conquer the Operation: Terror From Beyond and upgrade your characters’ combat prowess and appearance with the legendary Dread Guard gear.
  • Expanded Group Finder Features – Join a group for an Operation or Flashpoint and return to your previous location when you’ve completed the mission.
  • Enhanced Customization Options – Show your moods with the new emote modifiers and dress your Companions for success with the new Companion Unify Color option.
 

 

 

 Plus 1000 cartel coins if you own CE


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  KhinRunite

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/05/10
Posts: 884

10/09/12 9:17:14 PM#39
Either OP likes dissing SWTOR/Bioware/EA or this is the first of its kind of e-mail he/she has received. In retrospect though, this isn't the first of its kind of topic that was posted. I wish people would stop making it a big of a deal when they received e-mails from MMOs they no longer play.
  Karteli

Elite Member

Joined: 7/09/12
Posts: 2688

10/09/12 9:23:03 PM#40
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

 

 Plus 1000 cartel coins if you own CE

I have the CE and EA can shove those points where the sun don't shine.  The game stunk.  Where is SW innovation in all this mess?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search