Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Shards | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,477 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,294,569
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
99 posts found
  Atrocitus

Novice Member

10/08/12 8:08:25 PM#21
Originally posted by Mavek

Who cares honestly?  The game has been out 10 months now and most people have their own perception of it.  Even so your site would only attract those who are upset enough to be vocal about it in an unrestricted outlet (aka flaming the shit out of it).  

The whole idea seems juvenile and even if it were January or February after it came out all you would be doing is pouring gasoline on the haters/ hopefuls who realized the game didn't pan out.  This idea offers no constructive criticism of any kind.

Wrong

If it deters ONE PERSON from that trainwreck, it most assuredly is well warranted....

Mr. OP, go save those minions from blowing their money on that trash....

:)

ste2000

Apprentice Member

10/08/12 8:09:19 PM#22
Originally posted by SuperDonk

The site would be way too late.

Most players that bought SWTOR are already boycotting it and have been since last spring when 1.2 came out, myself included.

This really ^^

There is no need to boycott SWTOR, the developers did all the work for you/us...........

starwarsnut

Apprentice Member

OP  10/08/12 8:16:27 PM#23

bieng constructive and positive doesnt fix the game or adress the issues at all. Thats what i still find hilarious is this idea of bieng "constructive" and "positive" is some how gonna get the issues adressed. Dont believe me go darth hater website its all rainbows and unicorns there and hardcore care bears who still think the games gonna out do wow LOL seriously im not joking about that.

bieng "real" and getting the issues out and exposing them where they cant just close down your thread or ban you does interest me. The way its going it does seem to be towards shutdown one can only hope...

Tokken

Advanced Member

"I'm your Huckleberry!"

10/08/12 8:21:17 PM#24
no

UO, EQ, DAoC, SWG, WOW, EQ2, CoH, CoX, VG, Aion, STO, CO, DCUO, LOTRO, Tera, SWTOR, GW2, DP, NW, TSW, MH, DDO, Rift, WS, ESO, Trove, LM

User Deleted
10/08/12 8:25:37 PM#25

No

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

10/08/12 8:26:18 PM#26
Originally posted by starwarsnut

bieng constructive and positive doesnt fix the game or adress the issues at all. Thats what i still find hilarious is this idea of bieng "constructive" and "positive" is some how gonna get the issues adressed. Dont believe me go darth hater website its all rainbows and unicorns there and hardcore care bears who still think the games gonna out do wow LOL seriously im not joking about that.

bieng "real" and getting the issues out and exposing them where they cant just close down your thread or ban you does interest me. The way its going it does seem to be towards shutdown one can only hope...

When BioWare stops producing content updates and when the game drops to only two or three active servers, we can start the doom and gloom.  As of now, SW:TOR is still one of the top MMOs on the market with a fairly stable population.  The several hundred thousand people currently playing probably don't care that the game didn't meet expectations as it still provides them entertainment.  

Purutzil

Hard Core Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

10/08/12 8:30:19 PM#27
Most people already know about this for one... and two, making it SPECIFICALLY about one game? A little bit silly if you ask me.
  Searias

Hard Core Member

10/08/12 8:33:40 PM#28
I site dedicated to hating something eh? I don't think I would even visit it.

Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Corsair Hydro H110 Extreme Liquid Cooler
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.80GHz
Asus Maximus V Formula
G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 pro Series 256GB SSD
Western Digital RED NAS 3TB Storage Drive
Hitachi 2TB Data Storage Drive
2xASUS GTX TITAN SLi
Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution ST1200-G Modular Power Supply

Igorcht

Novice Member

10/08/12 8:36:48 PM#29

I haven't thought much about SWTOR since I quit in ~Feb.

Seriously,  it's just a game. Get over it and move the hell on already. How the hell are people still obsessing over-

*looks at SWG*

Oh.

This is still a monumentally stupid idea. How about you spend your time playing games you like, or doing something a tad more constructive than nerdraging and crying like a petulant child over a very disappointing video game?

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

DOGMA1138

Novice Member

10/08/12 8:48:06 PM#30

What the point of this site would be?

Except for fulfilling some masochistic desire to dwell even more on a game you clearly do not like or enjoy i see no point of 99% of the posts on these forums, or on the internet.

If people invested half of their enthusiasm towards this game towards a fruitfuller goal they might actually stand a chance of changing something actually meaningful to the better.

VincerKaden

Novice Member

10/08/12 8:57:45 PM#31

OP, you sound like you're angry about time and money "lost" during the time you played and are looking for a way to somehow justify the expense. I can empathize with your situation. I believe the proper course of action is to focus your attention and energy elsewhere, towards something productive instead of destructive. But no matter what you do, it's your opinion and decision and you have every right to it.

To answer your question, I would not join such a site.

starwarsnut

Apprentice Member

OP  10/08/12 9:05:16 PM#32

Yeah im 37 sitting on a 20 acre ranch retired with 2.5 mill so yes kiddies age isnt an issue here. Its not so much about hate as it would about bieng real about the lies and bs with the game. I could easily do this idea "if" i wanted to do whether or not people wanted to be a part of it and put ea in there place doesnt seem like it. 

Btw all this was an idea and question of something i was "considering" lot these responses are acting like i have the site running and going lol. 

Draron

Novice Member

10/08/12 9:12:32 PM#33

Yeah im 37 sitting on a 20 acre ranch retired with 2.5 mill so yes kiddies age isnt an issue here. Its not so much about hate as it would about bieng real about the lies and bs with the game. I could easily do this idea "if" i wanted to do whether or not people wanted to be a part of it and put ea in there place doesnt seem like it. 

Btw all this was an idea and question of something i was "considering" lot these responses are acting like i have the site running and going lol. 

Pretty sure the loss of subs put EA in there place more than a site could. If you don't like the game, speak with your wallet.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

10/08/12 9:14:39 PM#34
Yeah, I'm Batman and I'm currently typing this from the batcave.

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

revy66

Novice Member

10/08/12 9:15:09 PM#35
Interesting how much free time some people have.
  smh_alot

Apprentice Member

10/08/12 9:15:21 PM#36
Maybe age isn't a problem but emotional maturity may be - and yes, people who have a number of years under their belt can still be stuck at an adolescent maturity stage of their mind. OP, it's your initiative and your time, it isn't as if 'hater sites' don't exist in other fields too, enough anti-Justin Bieber sites or anti-this or that politician site (the whole Dem vs Rep extremism can have insane excesses sometimes).

But if I were you, I'd start taking a step back and look for more constructive ways to fill your time instead of some supposedly getting off on crusading against some game or makers of that game. Take a look at the state of the world, the injustice, the mass deaths by AIDS and war in Africa, even a casual glance through global news'll show you a lot more worthier causes than fussing about a game. Or do something constructive and aid some kickstarter projects that seem likely to finish.

Ofc, it's your time in the end to invest or waste however you like, but since you ask, these are my thoughts.
  starwarsnut

Apprentice Member

OP  10/08/12 9:15:22 PM#37
Originally posted by Draron

Pretty sure the loss of subs put EA in there place more than a site could. If you don't like the game, speak with your wallet.

who says i didnt? i quit while ago just want a better star wars mmo

Igorcht

Novice Member

10/08/12 9:16:52 PM#38

LOL, "put EA in their place". Like the guy above me said, I'm pretty sure losing a million subscriptions in less than six months put them in their place.

I daresay age is an issue because I'm amazed that a 37 year old man is acting and writing like someone fifteen years younger than that.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

Byne25

Novice Member

10/08/12 9:18:59 PM#39
Hey I would support you in whatever you decide but truth is, I dont think it would accomplish much. It would be a site for those upset about the game to go and rant but it will not sway the company from making changes. Sad part is, us players dont have as much say in dev, as we are led to believe. Also why create it when MMORPG.com has all the nay sayers on it anyways. Every game that is announced or in development gets a Fail post immediately and than people go on ranting about the sorry state of the game. All of us who played TOR know what it isnt and we all know it will never be what we had hoped it to be. We just either play it or walk away sad. Good luck to you though and I honestly do feel your Star Wars MMO pain.
  Igorcht

Novice Member

10/08/12 9:22:22 PM#40
Have fun tilting at windmills, Don Quixote.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search