Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,333 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,439
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Trent Oster Thinks Fans Negativity and EA Drove Muzyka and Zeschuk from Bioware

10 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last Search
187 posts found
  Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/08/12
Posts: 663

"Veni Vidi Vici"

9/28/12 8:22:57 PM#81
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Deewe

What more probably pushed them is the bad results of TOR. It was them or EA CEO.

 

Yeah EA and Activsion had childish attacks at each other, mainly EA, as jealous of Activision/Blizzards successes

EA boss wants Call of Duty to 'rot from the core'

 Activision kept trying to make peace

But EA just keeps on doing more mudslinging

EA is so desperate apparently, they should do what their best at and make more sims and sports games and avoid everything else, I also love their racing games, I guess thats considered a sport idk.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

  superniceguy

Elite Member

Joined: 2/17/07
Posts: 2277

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/28/12 8:25:22 PM#82
Originally posted by Jonoku
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by superniceguy

 The fact that 1.5 million people ditched the game means it is a bad game, not us few saying it is a bad game, and the majority of them just quit without saying a bad word, as apparently the forums are only the vocal minority.

Wonder how he explains SWG's demise?  Or was that not a "bad game"?

SWG held on to its full 26 servers for 6 years, then lost about 50%

SWTOR held on to its 200 servers for 9 months, and now has 20 servers, losing 90& of the servers

SWG had 3 expansions, SWTORs failure now means it is not having an expansion

SWTOR will have updates, same as SWG did with the biggest being Hoth in 2008, but it will not have an expansion like JTL, Rage of the Wookiees or Trials of Obi-Wan

SWG was a troubled game, and had its ups and downs, but it mass load of (unique) fetaures is what attracted many people, and at the end it was not a bad game after all. SWTOR was a shell of what SWG had. SWG = SWTOR + Player housing + Beast Master + Chronicles + Entertainers + Multiplayer space + sandbox gameplay

SWG got shut down because LA forced the issue. When they announced the shut down, it had 4 FULL servers with the rest m medium to light. SWTOR was going to be their golden goose, and any subs SWG had would have been nothing to what they thought SWTOR was going to get, and players would just migrate from SWG to SWTOR.

If they knew that SWTOR would not have loads of subs by this time, I doubt they would have shut down SWG.

Its kinda funny because SOE wanted SWG to be a WoW clone too and ultimately ruined their game, and they think that starting from scratch as a themepark mmo will be a successfull themepark?

Whats the difference between sandbox to themepark transition and themepark to itself?....themepark. Every WoW clone will ultimately fail unless some company with brilliance will somehow have both very good sandbox and themepark features in some ultimate mmo. There is really no difference, LA repeated the nightmare.

Lets take a look back where bioware got the hero engine to make a star wars mmo in 2005, swg's doom day was 2005 too. Why are the star wars mmos wanting to be like WoW? WoW has a loyal fanbase if your just going to make a clone no one is going to buy a clone.

It was LA that wanted SWG to be a WOW clone, not SOE. SOE was scared to do anything with SWG unless they had the green light from LA. If SOE made the NGE off their own backs, LA would have pulled the licence when it was up for renewal after its failure.  Here is Julio Torres (of LA and also was producer on KOTOR 1 and Force Unleashed) speaking in delight about the NGE, and here for the first time taken from the Official SWG forums

SWTOR is NGE 2.0 The true vision of what LA were trying to achieve with the NGE. NGE was changing SWG, where as SWTOR was written from the ground up, making it a more solid experinece but still limited amount of iconic cookiee cutter profession. SOE had nothing to do with SWTOR

  Tamanous

Elite Member

Joined: 3/22/09
Posts: 1705

9/28/12 8:29:20 PM#83
Originally posted by Jonoku
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Deewe

What more probably pushed them is the bad results of TOR. It was them or EA CEO.

 

Yeah EA and Activsion had childish attacks at each other, mainly EA, as jealous of Activision/Blizzards successes

EA boss wants Call of Duty to 'rot from the core'

 Activision kept trying to make peace

But EA just keeps on doing more mudslinging

EA is so desperate apparently, they should do what their best at and make more sims and sports games and avoid everything else, I also love their racing games, I guess thats considered a sport idk.

I actually hate to say this but it would do mmos a world of good if they continue a decline in revenue for these companies so they fall off their radar. This way indi-developers can once again become the driving force in their development. Also self-publication should be embraced. The small companies have to stop being devoured by larger ones or no independent. original imagination and thought will be nurtured within the industry.

You stay sassy!

  Tamanous

Elite Member

Joined: 3/22/09
Posts: 1705

9/28/12 8:33:41 PM#84
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Jonoku
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by superniceguy

 The fact that 1.5 million people ditched the game means it is a bad game, not us few saying it is a bad game, and the majority of them just quit without saying a bad word, as apparently the forums are only the vocal minority.

Wonder how he explains SWG's demise?  Or was that not a "bad game"?

SWG held on to its full 26 servers for 6 years, then lost about 50%

SWTOR held on to its 200 servers for 9 months, and now has 20 servers, losing 90& of the servers

SWG had 3 expansions, SWTORs failure now means it is not having an expansion

SWTOR will have updates, same as SWG did with the biggest being Hoth in 2008, but it will not have an expansion like JTL, Rage of the Wookiees or Trials of Obi-Wan

SWG was a troubled game, and had its ups and downs, but it mass load of (unique) fetaures is what attracted many people, and at the end it was not a bad game after all. SWTOR was a shell of what SWG had. SWG = SWTOR + Player housing + Beast Master + Chronicles + Entertainers + Multiplayer space + sandbox gameplay

SWG got shut down because LA forced the issue. When they announced the shut down, it had 4 FULL servers with the rest m medium to light. SWTOR was going to be their golden goose, and any subs SWG had would have been nothing to what they thought SWTOR was going to get, and players would just migrate from SWG to SWTOR.

If they knew that SWTOR would not have loads of subs by this time, I doubt they would have shut down SWG.

Its kinda funny because SOE wanted SWG to be a WoW clone too and ultimately ruined their game, and they think that starting from scratch as a themepark mmo will be a successfull themepark?

Whats the difference between sandbox to themepark transition and themepark to itself?....themepark. Every WoW clone will ultimately fail unless some company with brilliance will somehow have both very good sandbox and themepark features in some ultimate mmo. There is really no difference, LA repeated the nightmare.

Lets take a look back where bioware got the hero engine to make a star wars mmo in 2005, swg's doom day was 2005 too. Why are the star wars mmos wanting to be like WoW? WoW has a loyal fanbase if your just going to make a clone no one is going to buy a clone.

It was LA that wanted SWG to be a WOW clone, not SOE. SOE was scared to do anything with SWG unless they had the green light from LA. If SOE made the NGE off their own backs, LA would have pulled the licence when it was up for renewal after its failure.  Here is Julio Torres (of LA and also was producer on KOTOR 1 and Force Unleashed) speaking in delight about the NGE, and here for the first time taken from the Official SWG forums

SWTOR is NGE 2.0 The true vision of what LA were trying to achieve with the NGE. NGE was changing SWG, where as SWTOR was written from the ground up, making it a more solid experinece but still limited amount of iconic cookiee cutter profession. SOE had nothing to do with SWTOR

Sadly this happened with AC2 as well. The powers that be forced it into an EQ clone which completely destroyed AC's concept and alienated it's playerbase. The companies shoot themselves in the feet. When you ignore your playerbase you are voted off the island.

 

Turbine went on further by producing yet another clone with Lotro. Although it was far better implemented it still was the driving force behind the game's limitations in success. If it had been a touch more original and offered greater player freedoms I am sure it would have garnered a larger core audience than it has now.

You stay sassy!

  grimal

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 9/11/05
Posts: 2158

9/28/12 8:37:55 PM#85
Originally posted by Tamanous
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Jonoku
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by superniceguy

 The fact that 1.5 million people ditched the game means it is a bad game, not us few saying it is a bad game, and the majority of them just quit without saying a bad word, as apparently the forums are only the vocal minority.

Wonder how he explains SWG's demise?  Or was that not a "bad game"?

SWG held on to its full 26 servers for 6 years, then lost about 50%

SWTOR held on to its 200 servers for 9 months, and now has 20 servers, losing 90& of the servers

SWG had 3 expansions, SWTORs failure now means it is not having an expansion

SWTOR will have updates, same as SWG did with the biggest being Hoth in 2008, but it will not have an expansion like JTL, Rage of the Wookiees or Trials of Obi-Wan

SWG was a troubled game, and had its ups and downs, but it mass load of (unique) fetaures is what attracted many people, and at the end it was not a bad game after all. SWTOR was a shell of what SWG had. SWG = SWTOR + Player housing + Beast Master + Chronicles + Entertainers + Multiplayer space + sandbox gameplay

SWG got shut down because LA forced the issue. When they announced the shut down, it had 4 FULL servers with the rest m medium to light. SWTOR was going to be their golden goose, and any subs SWG had would have been nothing to what they thought SWTOR was going to get, and players would just migrate from SWG to SWTOR.

If they knew that SWTOR would not have loads of subs by this time, I doubt they would have shut down SWG.

Its kinda funny because SOE wanted SWG to be a WoW clone too and ultimately ruined their game, and they think that starting from scratch as a themepark mmo will be a successfull themepark?

Whats the difference between sandbox to themepark transition and themepark to itself?....themepark. Every WoW clone will ultimately fail unless some company with brilliance will somehow have both very good sandbox and themepark features in some ultimate mmo. There is really no difference, LA repeated the nightmare.

Lets take a look back where bioware got the hero engine to make a star wars mmo in 2005, swg's doom day was 2005 too. Why are the star wars mmos wanting to be like WoW? WoW has a loyal fanbase if your just going to make a clone no one is going to buy a clone.

It was LA that wanted SWG to be a WOW clone, not SOE. SOE was scared to do anything with SWG unless they had the green light from LA. If SOE made the NGE off their own backs, LA would have pulled the licence when it was up for renewal after its failure.  Here is Julio Torres (of LA and also was producer on KOTOR 1 and Force Unleashed) speaking in delight about the NGE, and here for the first time taken from the Official SWG forums

SWTOR is NGE 2.0 The true vision of what LA were trying to achieve with the NGE. NGE was changing SWG, where as SWTOR was written from the ground up, making it a more solid experinece but still limited amount of iconic cookiee cutter profession. SOE had nothing to do with SWTOR

Sadly this happened with AC2 as well. The powers that be forced it into an EQ clone which completely destroyed AC's concept and alienated it's playerbase. The companies shoot themselves in the feet. When you ignore your playerbase you are voted off the island.

 

Turbine went on further by producing yet another clone with Lotro. Although it was far better implemented it still was the driving force behind the game's limitations in success. If it had been a touch more original and offered greater player freedoms I am sure it would have garnered a larger core audience than it has now.

SWG was almost universally panned by critics. 

SWTOR, on the other hand, is a critical darling.

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you." - Robin Williams

  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/21/11
Posts: 7246

9/28/12 8:41:39 PM#86
Biowares arrogance is to blame.

They saw EA bend over and abuse amongst many great dev teams - origin, bullfrog, mythic, firaxis,maxis, westwood etc.

And thought "yeah but that's them guys, we're better than that, we can take EAs 50 pieces of silver and still keep or integrity"
  Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/08/12
Posts: 663

"Veni Vidi Vici"

9/28/12 8:42:10 PM#87

I feel bad for SOE i mean....they made a top notch sandbox game. I think the only ones that will be able to make such a great sandbox is only SOE itself as other companies have proven unworthy. The other companies mind has been set to stubborness and full of temptation to be WoW clone. Not to bring up that discussion. anyway,

I think its EA or feeling of failing on the game made them fustrated and just quit.

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/21/11
Posts: 7246

9/28/12 8:43:23 PM#88
Grim:

Critics are easily pleased by a prior reputation and a brown paper bag full of readies, hence swtor and d3 reviews
  Tamanous

Elite Member

Joined: 3/22/09
Posts: 1705

9/28/12 8:44:06 PM#89
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by Tamanous
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Jonoku
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by superniceguy

 The fact that 1.5 million people ditched the game means it is a bad game, not us few saying it is a bad game, and the majority of them just quit without saying a bad word, as apparently the forums are only the vocal minority.

Wonder how he explains SWG's demise?  Or was that not a "bad game"?

SWG held on to its full 26 servers for 6 years, then lost about 50%

SWTOR held on to its 200 servers for 9 months, and now has 20 servers, losing 90& of the servers

SWG had 3 expansions, SWTORs failure now means it is not having an expansion

SWTOR will have updates, same as SWG did with the biggest being Hoth in 2008, but it will not have an expansion like JTL, Rage of the Wookiees or Trials of Obi-Wan

SWG was a troubled game, and had its ups and downs, but it mass load of (unique) fetaures is what attracted many people, and at the end it was not a bad game after all. SWTOR was a shell of what SWG had. SWG = SWTOR + Player housing + Beast Master + Chronicles + Entertainers + Multiplayer space + sandbox gameplay

SWG got shut down because LA forced the issue. When they announced the shut down, it had 4 FULL servers with the rest m medium to light. SWTOR was going to be their golden goose, and any subs SWG had would have been nothing to what they thought SWTOR was going to get, and players would just migrate from SWG to SWTOR.

If they knew that SWTOR would not have loads of subs by this time, I doubt they would have shut down SWG.

Its kinda funny because SOE wanted SWG to be a WoW clone too and ultimately ruined their game, and they think that starting from scratch as a themepark mmo will be a successfull themepark?

Whats the difference between sandbox to themepark transition and themepark to itself?....themepark. Every WoW clone will ultimately fail unless some company with brilliance will somehow have both very good sandbox and themepark features in some ultimate mmo. There is really no difference, LA repeated the nightmare.

Lets take a look back where bioware got the hero engine to make a star wars mmo in 2005, swg's doom day was 2005 too. Why are the star wars mmos wanting to be like WoW? WoW has a loyal fanbase if your just going to make a clone no one is going to buy a clone.

It was LA that wanted SWG to be a WOW clone, not SOE. SOE was scared to do anything with SWG unless they had the green light from LA. If SOE made the NGE off their own backs, LA would have pulled the licence when it was up for renewal after its failure.  Here is Julio Torres (of LA and also was producer on KOTOR 1 and Force Unleashed) speaking in delight about the NGE, and here for the first time taken from the Official SWG forums

SWTOR is NGE 2.0 The true vision of what LA were trying to achieve with the NGE. NGE was changing SWG, where as SWTOR was written from the ground up, making it a more solid experinece but still limited amount of iconic cookiee cutter profession. SOE had nothing to do with SWTOR

Sadly this happened with AC2 as well. The powers that be forced it into an EQ clone which completely destroyed AC's concept and alienated it's playerbase. The companies shoot themselves in the feet. When you ignore your playerbase you are voted off the island.

 

Turbine went on further by producing yet another clone with Lotro. Although it was far better implemented it still was the driving force behind the game's limitations in success. If it had been a touch more original and offered greater player freedoms I am sure it would have garnered a larger core audience than it has now.

SWG was almost universally panned by critics. 

SWTOR, on the other hand, is a critical darling.

Seems to me SWTOR is the opposite of a critical darling. It would have to have had climbed in sales after release to be called that. Now I have said nothing about that matter really but SWTOR seems to me to be the farthest thing from a critical darling. In fact I would say Turbine's DDO and Lotro are critical darlings. They have maintained a level of players and have seem critical increases over time. SWTOR will always be known for not living up to expectations. The bar was set far too high (due to hype and more importantly cost) to ever be called a critical darling.

You stay sassy!

  Sevenstar61

Elite Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1590

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

 
OP  9/28/12 8:45:03 PM#90
Originally posted by Jonoku
I feel bad for SOE i mean....they made a top notch sandbox game. I think the only ones that will be able to make such a great sandbox is only SOE itself as other companies have proven unworthy. The other companies mind has been set to stubborness and full of temptation to be WoW clone.

Yeah and SoE is as loved by players as EA :)

But you might be right. I played EQ2 for many years and I loved it. Vanquard had a promise but they did not hold on to it.

Who knows... maybe SoE will learn something from the past.


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/08/12
Posts: 663

"Veni Vidi Vici"

9/28/12 8:45:03 PM#91
Minimize the massive quotes :o

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

  Tamanous

Elite Member

Joined: 3/22/09
Posts: 1705

9/28/12 8:48:45 PM#92
Originally posted by Jonoku

I feel bad for SOE i mean....they made a top notch sandbox game. I think the only ones that will be able to make such a great sandbox is only SOE itself as other companies have proven unworthy. The other companies mind has been set to stubborness and full of temptation to be WoW clone. Not to bring up that discussion. anyway,

I think its EA or feeling of failing on the game made them fustrated and just quit.

There were elements to the game that were amazing but the game itself was terrible. Far far too many players are remembering it though rose-coloured glasses. I would absolutely love to see some of the mechanics implemented into other mmo's but SWG as a whole could not support itself. Long before the NGE the game was a ghost town only played by a small core playerbase. It certainly needed to have many core elements reworked to make it a success but sadly the oportunity was squandered with an attempt to turn it into a Wow clone.

You stay sassy!

  superniceguy

Elite Member

Joined: 2/17/07
Posts: 2277

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/28/12 8:52:01 PM#93
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by Jonoku
I feel bad for SOE i mean....they made a top notch sandbox game. I think the only ones that will be able to make such a great sandbox is only SOE itself as other companies have proven unworthy. The other companies mind has been set to stubborness and full of temptation to be WoW clone.

Yeah and SoE is as loved by players as EA :)

But you might be right. I played EQ2 for many years and I loved it. Vanquard had a promise but they did not hold on to it.

Who knows... maybe SoE will learn something from the past.

SOE makes mistakes, and they tend let people pull their strings a bit much, but Smedley is a decent guy (although makes poor business decsions which gives SOE the bad rep) - when new games gets releases, by competitors, he always wishes them well, unlike EA who wants the games "to rot to the core"

  Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 6/08/12
Posts: 663

"Veni Vidi Vici"

9/28/12 8:56:54 PM#94

Its like this, look at companies like EA, trying to win big and be successful like blizzard and activision. Its just like some random dude that is trying to sing but not born with the potential good voice to sing. Yet even when the judges say singing isn't for them they are stubborn and still try to win big. It isn't going to happen when they tell you it isn't for you, EA shouldn't get in the mmo business again because it is not for them.

Example:

2012

*Some dude sings*

*laughter of judges*

Judges: The singing business isn't for you, I'm sorry.

Dude: na its for me, I'll come back again.

2013

Dude: Hi

Judges: oh boy hold on let me put on ear plugs.

*Dude sings*

*Judges laugh*

Judges: You didn't make it sorry.

Dude: I'll come back again next year.

Judges: No, it ain't worth your time man.

Dude: Na man I'm comin back next year and doin it!

(And this just continues)

 

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

  Tamanous

Elite Member

Joined: 3/22/09
Posts: 1705

9/28/12 8:57:20 PM#95
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Sevenstar61
Originally posted by Jonoku
I feel bad for SOE i mean....they made a top notch sandbox game. I think the only ones that will be able to make such a great sandbox is only SOE itself as other companies have proven unworthy. The other companies mind has been set to stubborness and full of temptation to be WoW clone.

Yeah and SoE is as loved by players as EA :)

But you might be right. I played EQ2 for many years and I loved it. Vanquard had a promise but they did not hold on to it.

Who knows... maybe SoE will learn something from the past.

SOE makes mistakes, and they tend let people pull their strings a bit much, but Smedley is a decent guy (although makes poor business decsions which gives SOE the bad rep) - when new games gets releases, by competitors, he always wishes them well, unlike EA who wants the games "to rot to the core"

That is what scares me about SOE right now. They are turning into the most forward thinking company when it comes to mmo's out there (by the sounds of things ... proof will be in the pudding though especially when we finally see EQNext). 

 

Consider me /mindblown!

You stay sassy!

  User Deleted
9/28/12 8:57:39 PM#96
Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Maybe they shouldn't have made a shitty game.

I don't feel bad for them.  Not one damn bit.

Pretty much.

  User Deleted
9/28/12 9:04:03 PM#97

Pff - blaming the fans for Muzyka & Zeschuk's departure is like blaming the iceberg for the Titanic disaster.

 

Any smart businessman would have first done their research regarding EA's long and ugly history with game companies, followed by a  long pro/con debate, and finally an even longer debate. Maybe it's me but I just get a visual of EA pushing piles of money towards the good doctors, which then cues the classic eyes-turn-into-dollar-signs cartoon cliche' (insert sound of ringng cash register or the first five notes of "We're In The Money" here.)

 

Face it - partnering with EA is pretty much like spending your first night in prison with your three cellmates. The end result is pretty much the same.

 

 

  Sevenstar61

Elite Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1590

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

 
OP  9/28/12 9:20:14 PM#98
Originally posted by TarotMage

Pff - blaming the fans for Muzyka & Zeschuk's departure is like blaming the iceberg for the Titanic disaster.

 

Any smart businessman would have first done their research regarding EA's long and ugly history with game companies, followed by a  long pro/con debate, and finally an even longer debate. Maybe it's me but I just get a visual of EA pushing piles of money towards the good doctors, which then cues the classic eyes-turn-into-dollar-signs cartoon cliche' (insert sound of ringng cash register or the first five notes of "We're In The Money" here.)

 

Face it - partnering with EA is pretty much like spending your first night in prison with your three cellmates. The end result is pretty much the same.

 

 

If you would put all your heart into creation of something that you thought was great  and after you finished it everybody would hate and bash the project you spent several years on, would you not like to quit and never touch anything connected to it?

I would. Especially if I would have enough money to not worry what I will put into my mouth tomorrow :)


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  User Deleted
9/28/12 9:37:00 PM#99
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

If you would put all your heart into creation of something that you thought was great  and after you finished it everybody would hate and bash the project you spent several years on, would you not like to quit and never touch anything connected to it?

I would. Especially if I would have enough money to not worry what I will put into my mouth tomorrow :)

 

If I was going to put all my heart into creating something that was going to cost $200 million, take several years to complete and be enjoyed only by me it wouldn't matter if anyone else hated it. But if I put that same heart, money, and timeframe and knowingly release it to a vocal and exacting demographc you better believe that I'd be checking the thougths, criticisims and opinions of said demographic every step of the way.

 

Besides, we've all seen what 'artistic integrity' can do for a game's sales, right?

 

 

  Sevenstar61

Elite Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1590

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

 
OP  9/28/12 9:38:42 PM#100
Originally posted by TarotMage
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

If you would put all your heart into creation of something that you thought was great  and after you finished it everybody would hate and bash the project you spent several years on, would you not like to quit and never touch anything connected to it?

I would. Especially if I would have enough money to not worry what I will put into my mouth tomorrow :)

 

If I was going to put all my heart into creating something that was going to cost $200 million, take several years to complete and be enjoyed only by me it wouldn't matter if anyone else hated it. But if I put that same heart, money, and timeframe and knowingly release it to a vocal and exacting demographc you better believe that I'd be checking the thougths, criticisims and opinions of said demographic every step of the way.

 

Besides, we've all seen what 'artistic integrity' can do for a game's sales, right?

 

 

Even if this vision would be completely different from yours? Wouldn't you just give up?


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

10 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Last Search