Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Crowfall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,950,643 Users Online:0
Games:778  Posts:6,374,615
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Trent Oster Thinks Fans Negativity and EA Drove Muzyka and Zeschuk from Bioware

10 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
187 posts found
  superniceguy

Novice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/28/12 7:46:47 PM#41
Originally posted by Yakamomoto
Originally posted by superniceguy

EA, EA, EA, blame EA, derp

Did EA create the railshooter? Did EA chose the Hero Engine? Did EA think it's a cool idea to have planets frozen in time with stiff NPCs?

Get over it, BW dropped the ball, EA is a freakin' publisher and not the game developer

Apparently Bioware were taking ages with the game, which is not new to Bioware, Mass Effect 1 took 2 years longer than its initial expected release date. EA stepped in, and got Bioware to ditch stuff, and had no time to make the worlds more lifelike, so the game could get released

That is how EA affected things

uh-huh, now a year later, BW still had no time to improve ANYTHING on the planets? Because of... let me guess, EA?

Well they finally figured out how shadows with smooth outlines work! Amazing!  Perhaps TOR will finally look like a 2012 game - in 2018

Bioware does what EA wants them to do. Before EA, Bioware did what Bioware wanted to do

The game will never be a 2012 game, as not enough staff left, and BW is no more

User Deleted
9/28/12 7:49:07 PM#42

Good god, the immaturity and bitterness in this thread is sickening, the utter disrespect these legends are getting highlights the fan negavity they probably felt. Also the Hyperbole that 'SWTOR is a shitty game' further demonstrates this, SWTOR didn't live up to the hype but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, far from it. 

And I wouldn't be crying tears for these two legends, save your tears for yourselves, you're the ones looking for this perfect sandbox game that will never exist, boohoo to them? They've lead accomplished lives, with a legacy that will far outshine your own, what they attempted with SWTOR is still much more than many of you will have accomplished by the end of your miserable lives trying to find your perfect game that will never exist. 

But go on, lets be bitter, people act as if SWTOR sodomized their wives and then burned down their house. These are just flipping videogames, SWTOR's failure is not reason to crucify these two gaming gods.

How about we drive more gaming gods from the industry, folks?  Constructive critcism has no place here, we just need to spread more of our bile to bite the very hands that feed us. These guys deserve utter respect for what they have done, instead?  We're spitting on their faces. 

It's just sad. 

fundayz

Spotlight Poster

9/28/12 8:08:27 PM#43
Originally posted by kalrhael

How about we drive more gaming gods from the industry, folks?  Constructive critcism has no place here, we just need to spread more of our bile to bite the very hands that feed us. These guys deserve utter respect for what they have done, instead?  We're spitting on their faces. 

It's just sad. 

Sorry but their company managed to spend $200 million and still create a turd of a game. They aren't gods, they are complete sell outs.

If they can't handle the criticism their games rightfully deserve then I will never give them any respect.

superniceguy

Novice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/28/12 8:08:39 PM#44

Good god, the immaturity and bitterness in this thread is sickening, the utter disrespect these legends are getting highlights the fan negavity they probably felt. Also the Hyperbole that 'SWTOR is a shitty game' further demonstrates this, SWTOR didn't live up to the hype but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, far from it. 

And I wouldn't be crying tears for these two legends, save your tears for yourselves, you're the ones looking for this perfect sandbox game that will never exist, boohoo to them? They've lead accomplished lives, with a legacy that will far outshine your own, what they attempted with SWTOR is still much more than many of you will have accomplished by the end of your miserable lives trying to find your perfect game that will never exist. 

But go on, lets be bitter, people act as if SWTOR sodomized their wives and then burned down their house. These are just flipping videogames, SWTOR's failure is not reason to crucify these two gaming gods.

It's just sad. 

I will play Mass Effect and all other Bioware titles, even KOTOR over and over. SWTOR was tarnished by EAs greed and involvement.

The fact that 1.5 million people ditched the game means it is a bad game, not us few saying it is a bad game, and the majority of them just quit without saying a bad word, as apparently the forums are only the vocal minority.

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 8:13:57 PM#45

It's just sad. 

The only sad thing is that SWG was shut down, a 10 year older game with a 10 times better concept.

I don' t care about these "gaming gods" never played anything from Bioware except SWTOR.

Sevenstar61

Advanced Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

OP  9/28/12 8:18:16 PM#46

It's just sad. 

Could not say it better. Agree wholeheartly with everything you said.

And for thouse who mentionned my name on this post in relations to my other posts positive for SWTOR, or who don't like my characters (well I like them and it's all that counts) I am sorry that my love of the game offends you. I will try to spread the love anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4VOjL3qfU

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Karteli

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 8:18:31 PM#47

It's just sad. 

This is quite an advertising slogan to get people into the game.

Constructive critisism out the window?  We shouldn't critisize, just follow what the big companies tell us we like .. and we like it?

The doctors and others involved with design decisions within BioWare deserve our complete respect.  However they have all left the shop and now EA is in charge.  Nobody is spitting on the original BioWare personnel .. Everyone is spitting on EA, who now is in charge of SWTOR fully (even more than before). 

I personally have issues with George Lucas selling his beloved franchise to EA, but thats another story.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

tiefighter25

Novice Member

9/28/12 8:19:39 PM#48

So..

The good Dr's knowingly sold Bioware to EA for extreme monetary gain, knowing EA's track record with acquired development studios.

The good Dr.'s green lit using the Alpha Hero Engine for use with SWTOR.

The good Dr.'s allowed SWTOR to go so overbudget and past deadlines EA finally stepped in.

The good DR.'s are retiring very young and very rich. Ray Muzyka's estimated net worth is $80 million.

You want me to feel sorry that they were "bullied" by "nerd-rage" over their lack luster game?

They knowingly sold out to EA, helped make SWTOR what it is (and Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2) and the first time they hit some adversity they bailed; as über rich citizens who may or may not work another day in their lives depending on their mood.

Believe it or not, I will not lose any sleep over the good Doctors' anguish and plight.

grimal

Spotlight Poster

9/28/12 8:23:39 PM#49

It's just sad. 

Nicely stated.

Very sad indeed.

"I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you." - Robin Williams

grimal

Spotlight Poster

9/28/12 8:26:38 PM#50

It's just sad. 

The only sad thing is that SWG was shut down, a 10 year older game with a 10 times better concept.

I don' t care about these "gaming gods" never played anything from Bioware except SWTOR.

This has nothing to do with the bugfest that was SWG. 

Plus, your ignorance is showing.

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 8:29:15 PM#51
Originally posted by tiefighter25

So..

The good Dr's knowingly sold Bioware to EA for extreme monetary gain, knowing EA's track record with acquired development studios.

The good Dr.'s allowed SWTOR to go so overbudget and past deadlines EA finally stepped in.

The good DR.'s are retiring very young and very rich. Ray Muzyka's estimated net worth is $80 million.

You want me to feel sorry that they were "bullied" by "nerd-rage" over their lack luster game?

They knowingly sold out to EA, helped make SWTOR what it is (and Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2) and the first time they hit some adversity they bailed; as über rich citizens who may or may not work another day in their lives depending on their mood.

Believe it or not, I will not lose any sleep over the good Doctors' anguish and plight.

Let me add:

The good Dr.'s didn't walk into an internal meeting with the devs and fired the idiot who came up with the railshooter

The good Dr.'s never played their own game, otherwise they would have noticed how static and stale the game worlds are and fired some more incompetent BW employees

Xzen

Novice Member

A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.
- Seneca

9/28/12 8:31:16 PM#52
EA/Bioware delivered exactly what they said they would. It's a quality themepark mmorpg that follows the WoW model (Not ment as an insult). I gave it a 7.5 even though I didn't buy it after beta. Don't understand why SWTOR is getting such a bad rep.
  grimal

Spotlight Poster

9/28/12 8:32:38 PM#53
Originally posted by Xzen
EA/Bioware delivered exactly what they said they would. It's a quality themepark mmorpg that follows the WoW model (Not ment as an insult). I gave it a 7.5 even though I didn't buy it after beta. Don't understand why SWTOR is getting such a bad rep.

Why?  Hype backlash.

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

9/28/12 8:33:00 PM#54

The fact that 1.5 million people ditched the game means it is a bad game, not us few saying it is a bad game, and the majority of them just quit without saying a bad word, as apparently the forums are only the vocal minority.

So you are saying that if a game launches and most of the population leave then it is a bad game.  Isnt that exactly what happened to STO, the game you defend and say is so great?  According to the data we have, Cryptic sold several hundred thousand copies but in 60 days had less than 50k of players left.  Oh and those weekly updates you claim are just reworked art in the c-store and doesnt really count as content.  When was the last time we got a new weekly episode in STO? 

As far as the doc's leaving, I think most of us saw this coming after the sale to EA.  No one sticks around very long after selling to EA.  I think the doc's lasted longer than anyone else.  How long can you stay and see the company you built get turned into a poop-stain before you feel like a d-bag for selling it and losing control of it?

grimal

Spotlight Poster

9/28/12 8:39:46 PM#55

Wonder how he explains SWG's demise?  Or was that not a "bad game"?

Karteli

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 8:40:13 PM#56
Originally posted by tiefighter25

So..

Let me add:

The good Dr.'s didn't walk into an internal meeting with the devs and fired the idiot who came up with the railshooter

The good Dr.'s never played their own game, otherwise they would have noticed how static and stale the game worlds are and fired some more incompetent BW employees

A potential sale of BioWare to EA was talked about in 2005.  The final sale of BioWare to EA was final in 2007.

Maybe they just stopped caring .. but maybe just maybe .. the doctors wanted to stick it to EA?  It takes two to tangle.

I mean everything seems to add up to a "stick it to EA" joke .. including the purchase of the alpha of the Hero Engine, followed by the guy doing the purchase resigning shortly thereafter.  All the design decisions to clone WoW.  From the start this game reaked of failure (Inferior graphics engine, cloned WoW mechanics with characters and gear, graveyards, taxi's to fly across points discovered, talent trees "3" choices  .. etc)

SWTOR might very well have been BioWare's last laugh to destroy EA.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Grunty

Hard Core Member

9/28/12 8:46:28 PM#57
Originally posted by grimal
Originally posted by Xzen

Why?  Hype backlash.

The hype the game players created for themselves. Game players backlashing against themselves.

superniceguy

Novice Member

9/28/12 8:47:10 PM#58
Originally posted by Talonsin

So you are saying that if a game launches and most of the population leave then it is a bad game.  Isnt that exactly what happened to STO, the game you defend and say is so great?  According to the data we have, Cryptic sold several hundred thousand copies but in 60 days had less than 50k of players left.  Oh and those weekly updates you claim are just reworked art in the c-store and doesnt really count as content.  When was the last time we got a new weekly episode in STO? 

As far as the doc's leaving, I think most of us saw this coming after the sale to EA.  No one sticks around very long after selling to EA.  I think the doc's lasted longer than anyone else.  How long can you stay and see the company you built get turned into a poop-stain before you feel like a d-bag for selling it and losing control of it?

STO did not lose 1.5 million players - That is a lot considering the game is actually more solid than STO

STO was not designed for loads of people, it only has 1 server and even with thousands playing there is a queue to log in. SWTOR had 200 servers.

STO released as an incomplete game and the devs did not hide that fact, and even stated they were looking forwrad to the feedback from players so they could shape it into the game the players wanted.

SWTOR released as a complete game, and the design means the game can not expand with more features, just add more content which more or less the same - add another flashpoint or warzone or operation. No room to add things like a mission creator, for example. What you see is what you get

STO has just hired more devs, SWTOR has fired devs

aRtFuLThinG

Apprentice Member

9/28/12 8:49:41 PM#59
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

It's amazing how people don't give a chance for game to grow in case of SWTOR.

The problem Sir, is that swtor didn't "grow", it "shrinked".

They messed up illum so they decided "oh well lets take it away" instead of fixing it.

That plus pvp gear change was the death stoke that killed swtor for me personally even when I wanted to stick around.

Sevenstar61

Advanced Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

OP  9/28/12 8:51:36 PM#60

The worst thing that happened to SWTOR was that SoE got rid of SWG.

I've heard several players in SWTOR mentioning that they know players who were saying that they will do everything possible to kill SWTOR so the fate of these games will be the same...

Not saying that all SWG players are like these... but I wish SWG was still available....

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

10 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search