Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,869,968 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,350
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
165 posts found
  kevjards

Apprentice Member

4/16/12 3:11:02 PM#21
Originally posted by JeroKane
Originally posted by OldMMOGamer
Originally posted by Pyuk

Bio gives away free time to practically all the former players; former players come back to see if 1.2 is worth coming back to; this time next week the servers will be back at their Standard to Low capacity, with The Fat Man the only server ever to touch Heavy.

Wrong...flat wrong jedi Convenant went full, Fatman had a 35 min que, several others, just cant remember their names. MOST were standard.  BTW, Standard is what you want for server stability anyway.   Keep trying tho Im here all week to help with the misinformation.

ROFL! People spouting out this TOTAL NONSENSE!  Have you even rolled characters on one of those standard load servers?  Did you??  I bet you did not!!!

Standard servers are Ghost towns!  Light servers are just dead! (feel sorry for those people stuck on those).

I have characters on two servers who are light most of the time and hit standard during EU and US primetime.

30-40 people in Fleet during primetime.  15-28 people on Corussant.  5-12ish people on the average other planet.

That's primetime for you on Standard load servers!!

If you call that a healthy population??  lol. Just lol!

Agreed..i was on last night,it said medium on server and saw noone in 2 hrs..if this is an mmo,its a strange one..they all must be in stealth.but i,m still having fun on my own.

seiiya

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:13:07 PM#22

lol ppl want this game to fail badly..well guess what...it wont

many ppl came back since 1.2

most are happy,ranked pvp is not there yet but it will come soon

good events,the legacy thing is epic

and from 20-30 ppl saw at the imperial fleet there are now 100+

all servers i see "europe" are standard-heavy

most bugs have been fixed

class are getting more and more balanced...so far so good...cant wait for 1.3

OldMMOGamer

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 3:17:00 PM#23

Bio gives away free time to practically all the former players; former players come back to see if 1.2 is worth coming back to; this time next week the servers will be back at their Standard to Low capacity, with The Fat Man the only server ever to touch Heavy.

Wrong...flat wrong jedi Convenant went full, Fatman had a 35 min que, several others, just cant remember their names. MOST were standard.  BTW, Standard is what you want for server stability anyway.   Keep trying tho Im here all week to help with the misinformation.

ROFL! People spouting out this TOTAL NONSENSE!  Have you even rolled characters on one of those standard load servers?  Did you??  I bet you did not!!!

Standard servers are Ghost towns!  Light servers are just dead! (feel sorry for those people stuck on those).

I have characters on two servers who are light most of the time and hit standard during EU and US primetime.

30-40 people in Fleet during primetime.  15-28 people on Corussant.  5-12ish people on the average other planet.

That's primetime for you on Standard load servers! Over half of all the servers have that kind of pop during primetime! One third don't ever come beyond Light!  Then you got just a handful (mostly due to desperate people rerolling there) that hit heavy/very heavy, with 1 or 2 queue'ing.

Do I need to explain the different instances on each server?  I was in instance 1 yesterday on Jedi Covenant, Fleet had 180+ people, went to Instance 2 150 + on Fleet.  Now I went to Tatooine where 100 + doing world event, No idea though if that counts IMP players as well, dont think so.  Right now on Tatooine middle of the day 75 on Tatooine 2 other instances are available.  I doubt you play, but spewing crap.  For the screen shot folks i shall do so when able ok?  =D  EDIT: Now 97 on Tatooine instance 1, current info to help you all.

kurtbarlow

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:19:06 PM#24
Originally posted by seiiya

This is getting tedious, but i'll repeat it once again.

Back up your words by screenshots (best would be from fleet) !!

And saying that all servers are 'standard or heavy' is another empty proof.

How many people is standard or heavy ? 100, 500, 1000, 2000 ?  See, noone knows.

Thorbrand

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:19:48 PM#25

That's primetime for you on Standard load servers! Over half of all the servers have that kind of pop during primetime! One third don't ever come beyond Light!  Then you got just a handful (mostly due to desperate people rerolling there) that hit heavy/very heavy, with 1 or 2 queue'ing.

Do I need to explain the different instances on each server?  I was in instance 1 yesterday on Jedi Covenant, Fleet had 180+ people, went to Instance 2 150 + on Fleet.  Now I went to Tatooine where 100 + doing world event, No idea though if that counts IMP players as well, dont think so.  Right now on Tatooine middle of the day 75 on Tatooine 2 other instances are available.  I doubt you play, but spewing crap.  For the screen shot folks i shall do so when able ok?  =D

Even with those numbers it still falls short for a MMO. Should be in the 1000s per zone not hundreds.

JeroKane

Elite Member

4/16/12 3:21:13 PM#26
Originally posted by seiiya

The vast majority of EU servers never come beyond Standard load during primetime. Only 5-6 servers hit Heavy and 2 are full. That's it.

The load gradation is LIGHT > STANDARD > HEAVY > VERY HEAVY > FULL > QUEUEing.

STANDARD (which most US and EU servers are during primetime) is just a tad less worse than LIGHT. They are still practically ghost towns!

A healthy server in SW:TOR is HEAVY load, preferably VERY HEAVY load.

The two servers I play on, who are now ghost towns (STANDARD during primetime) were VERY HEAVY in the first 3 weeks of launch.

Back then we had 100+ people in fleet, over 70-80 people in each instance of Corussant (were 3-5 instances up each night) and an average of 30-40 people on various other planets (with 2-3 instances).

Now, we mostly got 30ish people on Fleet during prime time, a single instance of 15-28ish people on Corussant and 5-12ish people on various other planets.

That's the population on a STANDARD load server!  Yes! It's that bad!

Wicoa

Apprentice Member

4/16/12 3:21:22 PM#27

Why did I think this thread was about Tanking :/

Anyway Oldmmogamer with 6 posts you are right Tor isn't tanking it's iceberging or in other words Tortanic'ing

Paragus1

Highlighted Blogger

Co-Leader of Inquisition
www.inqguild.net

4/16/12 3:22:10 PM#28

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-laying-off-up-to-1000-report-6371851

"Andersen pointed to a variety of contributing factors for the cuts, noting that the massively multiplayer online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic did not meet internal sales estimates and is facing declining subscription numbers."

OldMMOGamer

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 3:22:18 PM#29
Originally posted by Thorbrand

Do I need to explain the different instances on each server?  I was in instance 1 yesterday on Jedi Covenant, Fleet had 180+ people, went to Instance 2 150 + on Fleet.  Now I went to Tatooine where 100 + doing world event, No idea though if that counts IMP players as well, dont think so.  Right now on Tatooine middle of the day 75 on Tatooine 2 other instances are available.  I doubt you play, but spewing crap.  For the screen shot folks i shall do so when able ok?  =D

Even with those numbers it still falls short for a MMO. Should be in the 1000s per zone not hundreds.

Dude its one zone..... ONE zone 10 other planets KK? Get it FFS, LEARN the game before commenting

Jimmy562

Advanced Member

4/16/12 3:24:42 PM#30

I have all my characters on a standard server and its far from a ghost town.

JeroKane

Elite Member

4/16/12 3:25:30 PM#31

Do I need to explain the different instances on each server?  I was in instance 1 yesterday on Jedi Covenant, Fleet had 180+ people, went to Instance 2 150 + on Fleet.  Now I went to Tatooine where 100 + doing world event, No idea though if that counts IMP players as well, dont think so.  Right now on Tatooine middle of the day 75 on Tatooine 2 other instances are available.  I doubt you play, but spewing crap.  For the screen shot folks i shall do so when able ok?  =D  EDIT: Now 97 on Tatooine instance 1, current info to help you all.

That's on one of the two servers that hit VERY HEAVY / FULL each night!  Easy talking for you!

Now roll a character on a STANDARD load server during primetime.... level up in at least 30's and then check the numbers!

Then come back here and we will talk again!

I IN FACT! HAVE characters on two servers that are STANDARD load during prime time! So I KNOW what I talk about.

OldMMOGamer

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 3:27:22 PM#32

That's on one of the two servers that hit VERY HEAVY / FULL each night!  Easy talking for you!

Now roll a character on a STANDARD load server during primetime.... level up in at least 30's and then check the numbers!

I IN FACT! HAVE characters on two servers that are STANDARD load during prime time! So I KNOW what I talk about.

Tell me your server Ill go there when its STANDARD and we shall see first hand cool?

NaughtyP

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:28:06 PM#33

Dude its one zone..... ONE zone 10 other planets KK? Get it FFS, LEARN the game before commenting

I've never seen an old person type "KK" and "FFS" in all my years on the internet. Maybe old is popular new slang that I don't know. Could it be that I am older than the old person? I'm getting really obsessed with age right now it's freaking me out!

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

4/16/12 3:28:27 PM#34
Originally posted by Bunks

Just have to laugh how biofans post something like its set in stone good information, even though its based on a f2p giveaway. I am patient, will gladly come back to this two weeks from now for its "reevaluation".

To what end? It's a subject I find highly pointless, what does it matter where any game settles in terms of numbers? That should only matter to EA. The only reason people on these forums even bring it up is to rub into someones face, be it fans or non. Which is as petty as petty gets.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

BarCrow

Hard Core Member

4/16/12 3:28:34 PM#35

To whom it may concern,

Its like 5 screens of info. No one is posting your frakkin  screenshots. Use the server status page like everyone else. This is not a fucking court of law...burden of proof is on whoever needs proof. You're on a computer ..it's not hard to verify info despite how busy your life must be.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

fadis

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:28:53 PM#36

EA stock sure is tanking... closed at 15-month low today. 

JeroKane

Elite Member

4/16/12 3:29:18 PM#37

Tell me your server Ill go there when its STANDARD and we shall see first hand cool?

EU server Trask Ulgo (EN RP-PVE)

US server Lord Adraas (EN RP-PVE)

Ryukan

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:29:38 PM#38

It may not be tanking but it sure isn't blowing up.

OldMMOGamer

Novice Member

OP  4/16/12 3:29:54 PM#39
Originally posted by NaughtyP

I've never seen an old person type "KK" and "FFS" in all my years on the internet. Maybe old is popular new slang that I don't know. Could it be that I am older than the old person? I'm getting really obsessed with age right now it's freaking me out!

LOL, been gaming for 20 yrs, sooooo it bothers you that i say KK, FFS? Internet is a weird place, duh, I know

kurtbarlow

Novice Member

4/16/12 3:33:40 PM#40
Originally posted by BarCrow

To whom it may concern,

Its like 5 screens of info. No one is posting your frakkin  screenshots. Use the server status page like everyone else. This is not a fucking court of law...burden of proof is on whoever needs proof. You're on a computer ..it's not hard to verify info despite how busy your life must be.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

But this page means hardly anything.

It's like saying that server is pink, orange, red, blue, green.

We don't know the numbers behind those words.

9 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search