Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Skyforge | Guild Wars 2 | Warframe

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:3,025,341 Users Online:0
Games:842  Posts:6,481,911
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Setting:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Spoilers » Play the sith inquisitor.. seriously just play the sith inquisitor

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
53 posts found
  User Deleted
1/25/12 10:40:10 AM#41
Originally posted by ProfRed

This game is going to have 3:1 Inquisitor/Counsilar population problem if they don't start their little balance juggling act soon.

too late.  Already happening.  I've been rolling an alt and doing strictly PvP.  Last week I've seen almost exclusively Inquisitor/Consular toons that are in the 10-20 range.  Means tons of people are rerolling these classes for PvP.

Not blaming the players for doing this at all.  Makes absolute sense to me.  Their advantage in PvP in undeniable.

They even get a shield that when it breaks, it blinds everyone.  Really?  The need yet another damage mitigation and AoE CC?  What?  Their mass lightning tasers weren't enough?  Oh and they get a gap closer.  A range DPS gets a gap closer.  LOL.

I don't want them to nerf it though.  I want them to bring the other classes up to the Inquisitor/Sage level.

User Deleted
1/25/12 10:43:04 AM#42
Originally posted by Nazgol
Originally posted by Icewhite
Originally posted by Alders

There's a reason Sorc is the most played class in the game and it's not the story.

Can't that be loosely translated "Nerf Magnet"?

They are not really bad. Operatives were bad, sorcerers are fine. People just need to learn how to use interrupts.

You mean an interrupt with a 2 minute CD and Sorcs whom have two AoE CCs?  Oh and there's always more than one Sorc in a PvP match.  So double those AoE interrupts per player.  Like I said though, it's nothing against the players.  I would like adjustments made to bring the other classes up to the Sorc/Sage level.

Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

1/25/12 10:43:16 AM#43

1 Sorc isn't a problem. When your up against 4-5 constantly because of their utility, it's like pulling your hair out. It's the perfect class for Huttball.

ProfRed

Apprentice Member

1/25/12 10:43:45 AM#44
Originally posted by watchawatcha

This game is going to have 3:1 Inquisitor/Counsilar population problem if they don't start their little balance juggling act soon.

too late.  Already happening.  I've been rolling an alt and doing strictly PvP.  Last week I've seen almost exclusively Inquisitor/Consular toons that are in the 10-20 range.  Means tons of people are rerolling these classes for PvP.

Not blaming the players for doing this at all.  Makes absolute sense to me.  Their advantage in PvP in undeniable.

They even get a shield that when it breaks, it blinds everyone.  Really?  The need yet another damage mitigation and AoE CC?  What?  Their mass lightning tasers weren't enough?  Oh and they get a gap closer.  A range DPS gets a gap closer.  LOL.

I don't want them to nerf it though.  I want them to bring the other classes up to the Inquisitor/Sage level.

Yeah, I mean really Sorcs, Sages, Bounty Hunters, Troopers, Smugglers, and Agents all feel pretty solid and play their part with enough utility and options.  The Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior classes are really the only ones lagging noticeably behind.  Maybe this was intended to curb their population, but then why make Sorcs/Sages so beast mode. 

Going into Huttball and only having 1 Sorc on your team almost always means a loss.  Then you run to mid and see 3-4 Sorcs on the other team and it is game over.  No one class should be able to sway a victory like that, but currently they do. 

User Deleted
1/25/12 10:44:34 AM#45
Originally posted by Alders

1 Sorc isn't a problem. When your up against 4-5 constantly because of their utility, it's like pulling your hair out. It's the perfect class for Huttball.

This^^^^^ I have not seen one sorc in a match in ....oh man I don't know if I have ever been in a PvP match where there wasn't more than one sorc.  LOL

Zefire

Novice Member

1/25/12 10:45:17 AM#46
Originally posted by sanosukex

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

Like u said now it's too late.Im not giving them 15 for another crap month.

I prefere play dota 2 and skyrim till gw2 and diablo 3.

lordvance

Novice Member

1/25/12 10:49:15 AM#47

Gameplay wise I agree; story wise, I've found the Inquisitor to be by far the least interesting so far.

Act I: Hey, go collect all these fragments.

Act II: Hey, go collect all these ghosts...

User Deleted
1/25/12 10:49:21 AM#48

The Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior classes are really the only ones lagging noticeably behind. 

Lacking Gap Closers - the Force Push/Leap change helped, but Force Push doesn't become available until mid 20s.

The vast majority of PvP is Range pew pew.  If there was a minimum range on some of the abilities, that would sway the balance some.  Like force leap needing to be 10 meters or farther to trigger for the jedi knight

VikingGamer

Advanced Member

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

1/25/12 10:57:30 AM#49

Last instance I ran was Mandalorian Raiders the other day on my Merc and found myself in an all inquisitors group but for myself, two sorcs and an assassin tanking.

So yeah, Inquisitors are pretty popular is seems.

All die, so die well.

DJJazzy

Novice Member

1/25/12 11:35:51 AM#50

Inquisitors must make up at least 50% of the total population.

I remember a couple of warzone matches on my operative and the rest of my team were all sorcerers. 

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/25/12 12:33:38 PM#51
Originally posted by lordvance

Gameplay wise I agree; story wise, I've found the Inquisitor to be by far the least interesting so far.

Act I: Hey, go collect all these fragments.

Act II: Hey, go collect all these ghosts...

I haven't got to end of act I on most my alts but so far upto 20 I have enjoyed SI quest more than any other one

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339443/Video-FollowUp-Guide-For-Enhancing-Graphics-and-Performance-in-SWTORSorry-still-Nvidia-Only.html

77lolmac77

Apprentice Member

1/25/12 12:36:35 PM#52

and everyone wonders why there are too many Sith

Jedi Consular story is a real yawner though

I also listened to music the whole way through so go figure

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/25/12 6:51:34 PM#53

why is this in spoilers? what spoiler was given during this discussion?

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339443/Video-FollowUp-Guide-For-Enhancing-Graphics-and-Performance-in-SWTORSorry-still-Nvidia-Only.html

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search