Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,667 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,335
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Spoilers » Play the sith inquisitor.. seriously just play the sith inquisitor

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
53 posts found
  maskedweasel

Tipster

"Kids, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane."

1/24/12 9:31:44 PM#21
Originally posted by sanosukex
Originally posted by maskedweasel
Originally posted by troublmaker

Nothing more infuriating than going against a sorc.  If you don't blow all of your CDs ono it you lose.

heh yea they are pretty broken in pvp.. especially against the knight/warrior really they are no challenge

Currently playing a Knight - Sentinel.... absolutely worst class in PvP in the early game by far.   

Its rare that I kill anything...  and I'm not half bad at my class.  I am only level 18 on my knight though.

knight/warriors are crying big time for some love in pvp.. im sure they will be the first class to get some adjustments

Supposedly they're more interested in nerfing classes then finding the fundamental flaws to balance the knight.  

The knight is the last class for me to play...  and I was really looking forward to the PvP aspect.  I've been playing all day with the knight, realized how terribly underpowered they were and how frustrating it was to play,  and then decided I'll unsubscribe while they decide how they want to change the class balance.

In 1.1  thats being tested, they nerfed the agents/smugglers pretty hard.  It seems the only Knight class worth playing is guardian, and even that isn't really stellar, and I'm not really feeling playing through like that.

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

Kabaal

Advanced Member

Haggis Humper

1/24/12 9:34:14 PM#22

Nothing more infuriating than going against a sorc.  If you don't blow all of your CDs ono it you lose.

heh yea they are pretty broken in pvp.. especially against the knight/warrior really they are no challenge

Currently playing a Knight - Sentinel.... absolutely worst class in PvP in the early game by far.   

Its rare that I kill anything...  and I'm not half bad at my class.  I am only level 18 on my knight though.

knight/warriors are crying big time for some love in pvp.. im sure they will be the first class to get some adjustments

I have a juggernaut at 50 and tbh the only thing it needs changed for pvp is to be a bit more tanky when going tank spec.

Recently rolled a Sorcerer alt currently at 38 while they eventually fix Ilum and i have to laugh at any Sorc who actually thought they were good players because they do well on the class, it really is a case of faceroll compared to the melee.

Arkinia

Apprentice Member

Actual MMORPG memeber since 2004!

1/24/12 9:35:29 PM#23

wait till you hit some of the elite story line mobs on Tat,, then you'll really hate it. Gave mine up at 33, talk about gimped. I love the SWTOR forum posts who tell all the Sentinels in the same situation to learn to play. Sorry, but timing interrupts to win is not my idea of fun. It is the most underwhelming and frustrating class to play.

Vhaln

Novice Member

1/24/12 9:38:59 PM#24

Sith Assassin was my first character, upon which most of my opinions of the game have been based.

Also my highest level character, at 31.

and basically.. 'nuff said.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

maskedweasel

Tipster

"Kids, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane."

1/24/12 9:40:04 PM#25
Originally posted by Kabaal

I have a juggernaut at 50 and tbh the only thing it needs changed for pvp is to be a bit more tanky when going tank spec.

Recently rolled a Sorcerer alt currently at 38 while they eventually fix Ilum and i have to laugh at any Sorc who actually thought they were good players because they do well on the class, it really is a case of faceroll compared to the melee.

Thats just it though, you have classes like the Commando and the Sage that do a ton of damage, and can still put out a lot of heals,  and you have the shadow which is a tank and can go in and out of stealth....  then you have the smuggler who can stealth or snipe, essentially,   but the Knight and warrior are stuck with a terrible mechanic,  really no real ranged attacks or speed increased pre 25,  and pretty much every other class in comparison is literally a faceroll. 

I love a challenge,  but this is not a challenge.  This is masochistic.

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

1/24/12 10:03:58 PM#26

If you have trouble downing an SI in PVP, then you really are not playing well.  They are the squishiest class.  Don't get me wrong, some classes need a buff because they suck.  That doesn't mean the SI is OP.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

User Deleted
1/24/12 10:14:25 PM#27

My main is a Tankassin. The story arc is tight. I used to be a pvp healer in most of my mmos. I tried bw's version of a pvp tank and I must say, its awesome. PvE tanking with this toon feels like a cross between a deathknight/paladin from WoW with some cool extras sprinkled in.

I love burst running while stealthed right into the middle of a group of people and just exploding. Aoe snare, acc debuff, damage debuff, and knockback. Then taunt them all, pop all my defensive cds and spin spin spin. Stuns, knockdowns, more snares, even a force pull (death grip), self heal, and interrupt. When the crap hits the fan, vanish and sprint out. Its a blast to play. Event better now that they fixed some of the ability lag in pvp today.

Pelaaja

Novice Member

1/25/12 2:21:07 AM#28
Originally posted by Arkinia

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

I have a SIth Sorc, she cleans house. Somtimes she does windows, too.

And always does the dishes and takes the dog out.

And all this while handing your ass to you.

I've never started a caster damage dealer as a first toon and now I see clearly how wrong I've been. They're always OP in these games.

It's better to play now they've got the responsiveness better, but if they manage to get the abilities fire like they do in other MMOs this bitch is golden.

RageOfKills

Novice Member

1/25/12 9:18:49 AM#29
I tried a sorc upto lvl 17 but found him lacking in being able to stay alive without constantly healing so I rerolled as an assassin with DPS spec and am currently at lvl 27 with him but finding him difficult to log on and play with because I love jumping out of stealth and smashing people into tiny pieces but it doesn't seem as awesome as launching a gravity beam at someone and firing off a mortar volley to finish them off
  RageOfKills

Novice Member

1/25/12 9:20:26 AM#30
And the storyline is lacking aswell because the brief moments when something unexpected happens doesn't occur enough
  Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

1/25/12 9:22:37 AM#31

There's a reason Sorc is the most played class in the game and it's not the story.

User Deleted
1/25/12 9:31:13 AM#32

Really? I have a SIth Jugg and I own in pvp. I am rage spec.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

1/25/12 9:33:19 AM#33
Originally posted by Alders

There's a reason Sorc is the most played class in the game and it's not the story.

Can't that be loosely translated "Nerf Magnet"?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Robsolf

Hard Core Member

Let go of my ears, I know what I'm doing!

1/25/12 9:33:43 AM#34
Originally posted by Arkinia
Originally posted by niceguy3978

I enjoyed my trooper, and my smuggler, though I stopped the smuggler after he got his ship as that is when I started the trooper and got hooked.  

coudn't get into the trooper. Felt like I was G.I. Joe. Looked like that Dude from Toy Story.

Mr. Potatohead?

User Deleted
1/25/12 9:38:26 AM#35
Originally posted by Icewhite
Originally posted by Alders

Can't that be loosely translated "Nerf Magnet"?

They are not really bad. Operatives were bad, sorcerers are fine. People just need to learn how to use interrupts.

buegur

Apprentice Member

1/25/12 10:10:09 AM#36

I like my Commando and Councilor, both range with some heals.  Don't have a problem with eithers story line but look forward to trying out the SI if that story is even better. :)

ProfRed

Apprentice Member

1/25/12 10:10:09 AM#37

Sorcs have the most utility, they have the most dps, they have heals, they have bubbles, a group of them is unstoppable, they are OP, they have one of the best stories, they have some pretty awesome companions (imo), and they are FOTM.  Still those playing them are heavily rewarded compared to most other classes.  This game is going to have 3:1 Inquisitor/Counsilar population problem if they don't start their little balance juggling act soon. 

I don't know why I am so determined to tough it out with my Sentinel when I know how much better this class is in almost every regard, but I figure they have to balance it out at some point. 

Bounty Hunter and Agent/Smuggler are also very powerful with a ton of utility, dps, and great stories.  The Jedi classes are straight up BLEH.

User Deleted
1/25/12 10:34:54 AM#38

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

Judging by the fact that every PvP warzone match has at least 3-5 sorcs in it, I think everyone agrees with you.

It's not that they are OP.  It's that they can do EVERYTHING and can do it at early levels compared to almost every other class.  Yep if you are facing a Sorc Patrol in PvP, you better hope you have a Sage brigade to match or you will lose.

Havekk

Hard Core Member

1/25/12 10:38:54 AM#39

I have to agree. I played a SI during beta as I knew I wanted to play a consular when the game came out. The story line is very good, getting to fry people with lightning during a good questioning is what it's all about !!!

Fennris

Novice Member

1/25/12 10:39:35 AM#40

Interrupts in pvp don't do much - if your lb/tracer missile/whatever gets "interrupted", in many cases you can just start it again immediately (bug) or use another similar attack - most classes have a limited number of interrupts on varying CDs and while you're using them you aren't doing (much) damage, either...

Guardians/Juggernauts using one particular spec and numerous stacked buffs, at 50, can burst for more than any other class (after the scoundrel/ops nerf).  But they are also one of the squishiest class in pvp (more squishy than sentinels/marauders and more squishy than sorcs/sages that pop/re-pop bubbles).  Heavy armor isn't very useful in pvp because many of the largest pvp attacks ignore it.  This is arguably a bug in some cases, but half the damage types ignore heavy armor -and- defense by design.  The absorption difference between heavy and light armors is, according to devs, only 10-15%.  In the def stance, tanks can add 50-60% to their armor and that buffs their absorption vs energy/kinetic attacks (but not int/ele) but it also nerfs Guardian/Juggernaut's burst potential by a significant percentage.

Sages/Sorcerors have bubbles and heals and utility.  No other class comes close to them in Huttball, not even def spec guardians which are #2 with a partial vigi spec that includes unremitting.  Their main buff gives them 10% vs ele/int damage types not including other things (which is more resistance than my level 50 guardian has in focus spec).  And they have an almost spammable aoe knockback/root, multiple stuns, snares, etc..  You really don't want to be a melee class against that.  The kicker is that they work together very well - two sorcs can knock/snare/shutdown/kite almost any number of melee.

Good JKSWs with top end gear can do well but if you take those players and give them JCSIs to play they will do better in almost any situation.

I'm still playing my JG (@50), doing pvp dailies and occasionally topping damage charts in WZs, hoping it gets fixed.  But I'm leveling a JC and it is much more useful and much tougher in mid-level pve/pvp.  I agree that the JC story is a bit hard to digest but I refuse to go Imp.  The JK story is good, though, it really picks up once you get to the end of Coruscant.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search