Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,006 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,106
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Spoilers » Play the sith inquisitor.. seriously just play the sith inquisitor

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
53 posts found
  sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 8:43:08 PM#1

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339443/Video-FollowUp-Guide-For-Enhancing-Graphics-and-Performance-in-SWTORSorry-still-Nvidia-Only.html

Arkinia

Apprentice Member

Actual MMORPG memeber since 2004!

1/24/12 8:45:58 PM#2
Originally posted by sanosukex

I have purposely had not played a SI till now because after beta i knew they would be the FOTM class at launch. Anyway since beta I have played at least to the part you get your ship with all 8 classes so I got a little taste of every single story so far.. 

In my opinion SI is by far the most fun in terms of story and abilities. My counselor is a complete snoozefest compared the SI storywise. Anyway just putting this out there if you have only tried a few classes and are let down by the story or the class in general roll a SI it's really what I was hoping for when waiting for this game.. does sort of make me angry in a way though because all the other story's so far have no kept me interest nearly as much as the SI story has Imperial Agent(my first char) is interesting but really I mean come on I'm playing star wars in the old republic force users are where its at.. so like I said play the SI!!!

I have a SIth Sorc, she cleans house. Somtimes she does windows, too.

Tiller

Guide

1/24/12 8:51:38 PM#3

I watched some of the SI story line that a group member had, seemed a bit silly......

NPC  on holocam :"When you get back I have a surprise for you"...

SI "Oh goody!"

Me: Surprises are the bestest *snicker*

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

xKingdomx

Novice Member

1/24/12 8:53:46 PM#4

hahah I loved the quest dialogue option to say why am I doing fedex quest for you again.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

troublmaker

Novice Member

1/24/12 8:54:12 PM#5

Nothing more infuriating than going against a sorc.  If you don't blow all of your CDs ono it you lose.

Website: http://www.thegameguru.me / YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/users/thetroublmaker

niceguy3978

Advanced Member

1/24/12 8:55:16 PM#6

I enjoyed my trooper, and my smuggler, though I stopped the smuggler after he got his ship as that is when I started the trooper and got hooked.  

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 8:56:03 PM#7
Originally posted by troublmaker

Nothing more infuriating than going against a sorc.  If you don't blow all of your CDs ono it you lose.

heh yea they are pretty broken in pvp.. especially against the knight/warrior really they are no challenge

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339443/Video-FollowUp-Guide-For-Enhancing-Graphics-and-Performance-in-SWTORSorry-still-Nvidia-Only.html

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 8:57:12 PM#8
Originally posted by niceguy3978

I enjoyed my trooper, and my smuggler, though I stopped the smuggler after he got his ship as that is when I started the trooper and got hooked.  

trooper is pretty fun i like having commander shepards(female) voice.. but like I said the force is where its at:)

Arkinia

Apprentice Member

Actual MMORPG memeber since 2004!

1/24/12 8:58:14 PM#9

coudn't get into the trooper. Felt like I was G.I. Joe. Looked like that Dude from Toy Story.

niceguy3978

Advanced Member

1/24/12 8:59:30 PM#10

trooper is pretty fun i like having commander shepards(female) voice.. but like I said the force is where its at:)

I suck thoroughly at pvp, especially as melee, so I like my trooper and being able to stand back and pick people off:).  Actually, the Inquisitor is the only character I haven't played yet.

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 9:01:35 PM#11

I suck thoroughly at pvp, especially as melee, so I like my trooper and being able to stand back and pick people off:).  Actually, the Inquisitor is the only character I haven't played yet.

do it! do it! and if you like to stand back and pew pew go sith sorc lots of good ranged stuff

snapfusion

Apprentice Member

1/24/12 9:01:47 PM#12

The class on paper looks fantastic but unfortunately the non stop lightning animation makes it  unplayable for me, bothers my eyes... :(  I love playing the Operative healing tree though, tons of utility.

adam_nox

Hard Core Member

1/24/12 9:04:41 PM#13

guess I did the right thing by walking away, SI was all I played.  I loved the concept of an assassin like class, but it never felt like an assassin to me.  Felt like a brawler with stealth.

slickbizzle

Apprentice Member

1/24/12 9:04:44 PM#14

I am loving the inquisitor story so far (just hit level 40).  My brother and I help each other out, so he has been getting a sample of it and I've been getting a sample of the Warrior storyline (which is pretty good too).

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 9:05:18 PM#15
Originally posted by snapfusion

The class on paper looks fantastic but unfortunately the non stop lightning animation makes it  unplayable for me, bothers my eyes... :(  I love playing the Operative healing tree though, tons of utility.

not sure if its just my computer but when i turn shadow complexity to low( you also have ot turn shadows to low or off to do this) 

i get no lightning at all when I cast it just shows the animation but no lightning comes out.. kinda strange not sure if its just my computer setup or not.. either way i love the lightning:)

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 9:07:25 PM#16
Originally posted by adam_nox

guess I did the right thing by walking away, SI was all I played.  I loved the concept of an assassin like class, but it never felt like an assassin to me.  Felt like a brawler with stealth.

yea the IA operative is the only class in this game that feels assassin like.. I don't really care much for the assassin actually I'm all about the sorc though

maskedweasel

Tipster

"Kids, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane."

1/24/12 9:09:40 PM#17

heh yea they are pretty broken in pvp.. especially against the knight/warrior really they are no challenge

Currently playing a Knight - Sentinel.... absolutely worst class in PvP in the early game by far.   

Its rare that I kill anything...  and I'm not half bad at my class.  I am only level 18 on my knight though.

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

Kalmarth

Advanced Member

1/24/12 9:13:34 PM#18

Sith Warrior has an amazing story arc to it, wont give it away but makes you feel like a BA

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 9:16:48 PM#19
Originally posted by Kalmarth

Sith Warrior has an amazing story arc to it, wont give it away but makes you feel like a BA

once my SI gets lvl 50 ill continue my warrior its is only level 17 so story hasn't really taken off yet

sanosukex

Advanced Member

OP  1/24/12 9:17:37 PM#20
Originally posted by maskedweasel

Currently playing a Knight - Sentinel.... absolutely worst class in PvP in the early game by far.   

Its rare that I kill anything...  and I'm not half bad at my class.  I am only level 18 on my knight though.

knight/warriors are crying big time for some love in pvp.. im sure they will be the first class to get some adjustments

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search