Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,400 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,361
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Reviews & Impressions » My Cancellation Reason - and SWTOR's Response

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
126 posts found
  Trustedx

Novice Member

1/19/12 10:18:47 AM#21
Originally posted by Slowdoves

Anther post about "What I want in a game!"

Another spelling mistake in a signature.

Ozivois

Novice Member

1/19/12 10:20:21 AM#22

Come join us in Rift, Byriel server.  That game will meet your expectaions.

baritone3k

Apprentice Member

OP  1/19/12 10:22:23 AM#23
Originally posted by zigmund

You leave a game because of lack of hi-res graphics?

wow!

Do you know how lame that sounds?

And pvp, fix it enough said?

If I was reading that - I would only know that you were dis-satisfied with it. I would have no idea what you mean by "fix it".

As I can guarantee if you asked 100 players you would have 10 different responses.

You clicked on my thread and replied, but you aren't familiar with what they just did with their PVP?

I wonder why you have enough interest to engage this thread but don't know about the overwhlming response to their pvp bug.

The inundation of threads regarding that situation is unavoidable.

Someone please make a good MMO.

Sojhin

Apprentice Member

1/19/12 10:22:54 AM#24
Originally posted by zigmund

You leave a game because of lack of hi-res graphics?

wow!

Do you know how lame that sounds?

And pvp, fix it enough said?

If I was reading that - I would only know that you were dis-satisfied with it. I would have no idea what you mean by "fix it".

As I can guarantee if you asked 100 players you would have 10 different responses.

The op explained why hi-res is important and the evidence is that the game did not deliver; not having this option is more than getting "10 different responses" from different people--it is a flaw in product design--that alongside pvp and bugs I believe will see this game not succeed.

Entropy14

Advanced Member

1/19/12 10:25:42 AM#25
Originally posted by Ozivois

Come join us in Rift, Byriel server.  That game will meet your expectaions.

Played rift, even tho there is less bugs the combat in the game is mind numbingly boring

Sadly all these themepark  MMO's offer very little, there is no challenge to them, no imagination and none seem to learn , but nothing will change since so many of them are making huge profits with people hoping the next one is the ONE and they all buy into it hoping it will get better.

SanHor

Novice Member

1/19/12 10:33:35 AM#26
I always had low expectation for SWTOR so I wasnt terribly disappointed when it came out. I could tolerate bugs for another month if BW showed willingness to deal with them in a timely manner. This all very much reminds me on how SOE treated DCUO being more concerned about keeping players uninformed than to actually deal with bugs and exploits, and that didnt turn out well for players. Unlike some of you, i didnt find leveling that much fun. In order to progress through story, which I liked,I still had to do bunch of tedious kill this bring that quests to keep my level high enough. Coop content was crippled for me by lack of players on republic side. But I would still stay to experience class stories if BW attitude towards players was more along the lines of TRION with Rift than SOE.
  Laughing-man

Elite Member

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

1/19/12 10:40:59 AM#27
Originally posted by baritone3k
Originally posted by Jonnas13
Originally posted by Fadedbomb
Originally posted by Tamanous

I'm not entirely sure what you want from this post.

You want me to hold your hand on the way out or something?

Stop trolling because the game you're playing is having a mass exodus. All you needed to say was "Sorry to see you go, and I hope you eventually come back!".

OP's post was polite and well thought out, regardless of him being a WoW player :P!

Not caring that some random stanger is leaving a game is trolling now. Christ, wait till GW2 launches. The thousands of posts from swtor fanboys getting payback are going to make you cry if you think this guy is trolling.

Not caring means not responding. Trolling is different and we know this. And YES this feeds the troll, but who cares. You trolls make the rest of us feel better about ourselves and laugh at your expense.

Look, calling someone a troll is trolling, so please stop.

If you don't understand how calling someone a troll is trolling them then please think about it for a bit, and then look up trolling definitions, and realize what you are doing.

Thank you.

baritone3k

Apprentice Member

OP  1/19/12 10:46:18 AM#28
Originally posted by SanHor
I always had low expectation for SWTOR so I wasnt terribly disappointed when it came out. I could tolerate bugs for another month if BW showed willingness to deal with them in a timely manner. This all very much reminds me on how SOE treated DCUO being more concerned about keeping players uninformed than to actually deal with bugs and exploits, and that didnt turn out well for players. Unlike some of you, i didnt find leveling that much fun. In order to progress through story, which I liked,I still had to do bunch of tedious kill this bring that quests to keep my level high enough. Coop content was crippled for me by lack of players on republic side. But I would still stay to experience class stories if BW attitude towards players was more along the lines of TRION with Rift than SOE.

You make a good point about the lack of honest, timely communication in this genre being one of the chief frustrations. I may add that it once I get past the unsubscribe queue and can cancel.

This queue does NOT bode well for this game.

When we tried to activate our accounts and it took half a day, that was clearly a hopeful sign. The same thing happening when it's time to cancel is the opposite.

I also forgot to mention that when the Origin desktop DID update to show my new key and to show SWTOR as available, Battlefield 3 mysteriously broke and is unaccessible through the Origin desktop.

sevitoth

Hard Core Member

1/19/12 10:46:20 AM#29

You must be new to MMO forums.

Welcome!

Currently Playing: Nothing worth playing.

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR

Jonnas13

Advanced Member

1/19/12 10:47:13 AM#30

Stop trolling because the game you're playing is having a mass exodus. All you needed to say was "Sorry to see you go, and I hope you eventually come back!".

OP's post was polite and well thought out, regardless of him being a WoW player :P!

Not caring that some random stanger is leaving a game is trolling now. Christ, wait till GW2 launches. The thousands of posts from swtor fanboys getting payback are going to make you cry if you think this guy is trolling.

Not caring means not responding. Trolling is different and we know this. And YES this feeds the troll, but who cares. You trolls make the rest of us feel better about ourselves and laugh at your expense.

So now I am a troll for not agreeing with you? You think there is some faceless internet out there who acts this way too, sitting punching the air every time to repy like this as you stick one to the 'trolls' who dare disagree?

Ew, creepy.

baritone3k

Apprentice Member

OP  1/19/12 10:48:30 AM#31
Originally posted by Laughing-man

If you don't understand how calling someone a troll is trolling them then please think about it for a bit, and then look up trolling definitions, and realize what you are doing.

Thank you.

EDITED to adhere to bizarre forum rule.

Shivam

Novice Member

1/19/12 10:49:05 AM#32
Originally posted by AdamTM

Are you bioware?

Are you Blizzard?

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

sonoggi

Apprentice Member

1/19/12 10:50:25 AM#33

no, hes saying the game is a failure. BW doesnt know how to deal with it.

Pandrax

Apprentice Member

The gates of Hell are open night and day; smooth the descent and easy is the way.

1/19/12 10:52:04 AM#34
Originally posted by sonoggi

So a select amount of people call a game a failure, so it must be a failure. Well if I use your logic the whole world would be in chaos.

Mass generalizations are never a good thing. It's almost as bad as the guy who uses random math to point out "facts".

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Shivam

Novice Member

1/19/12 10:52:50 AM#35
Originally posted by sonoggi

Every poster on this forum thinks he knows better whether it is Bioware, Funcom, Mythic, SOE, Square Enix, Anet..you name it.

I am glad no one takes these arm chair experts eriously.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

AdamTM

Novice Member

I'M PUNCHING YOUR SALAD!!!!

1/19/12 10:53:13 AM#36
Originally posted by Shivam

Are you bioware?

Are you Blizzard?

Only if you are a wizard.

Vorthanion

Elite Member

1/19/12 10:53:18 AM#37

Please show me proof, other than the occassional post about leaving, that there is a mass exodus?  You people are unbelievable.

Pandrax

Apprentice Member

The gates of Hell are open night and day; smooth the descent and easy is the way.

1/19/12 10:54:43 AM#38
Originally posted by Vorthanion

Please show me proof, other than the occassional post about leaving, that there is a mass exodus?  You people are unbelievable.

There is no proof. There is only a bunch of people who bought the game and felt cheated because it was not SWG. Everytime a bug or expliot pops up the same people magically are going to cancel their sub.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Shivam

Novice Member

1/19/12 10:55:46 AM#39
Originally posted by Shivam

Are you bioware?

Are you Blizzard?

Only if you are a wizard.

I could turn you into a lizard.

Laughing-man

Elite Member

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

1/19/12 10:56:24 AM#40
Originally posted by Laughing-man

Thank you.

Well attempted, troll. Subtle to try to paint in any response to your troll as being itself a troll when you state that even calling out a troll is being a troll in your own troll.

Troll.

Calling people trolls is against the forum rules of MMOrpg.com, as you continually are violating them you probably have never read them :-(

When you call someone a troll, you are thereby trying to incite a negative responce, a flame from them if you will....

THAT IS TROLLING

Please educate yourself, thank you.

Here let me educate you.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted".

-  Taken from Wikipedia.

Guess what?  You are posting off topic comments (calling people trolls) and you are trying to evoke a negative emotional reply, (also trolling) 

Please learn. 

Thank you.

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search