Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,825 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,216
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Spoilers » This is how awesome swtor is.2 classes cant progress the main quest

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
56 posts found
  Isane

Novice Member

"Some do , Some don''t , Others just cry"

Jean Sali

12/28/11 11:27:18 AM#21
Originally posted by udon
Originally posted by Zefire

I bet u know about the bounty hunter male  class that can't progress through the game because of a bug.

Now with my female smuggler/scoundrel class i cant progress as well due to 2 bosses that they are healing like bitches.

I m 2 lvls above the quest and it's impossible to complete it.

I think they have released a beta game.This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them.

I had enough even if i like star wars i cant take it 

The games story quests have checkpoints where you face off against significantly more difficult mobs than normal to test your abilty to play the class as a whole rather than just spam buttons.  They are not bugs they are a test which you seem to have failed at.

You could get a friend or two to help you though the quest or look at more than 1-4 on your action bar and figure out what tools Bioware has given you to beat the encounter but they can be won solo at level.

Udon: very helpful post just hope the OP reads it...

Puremallace

Novice Member

12/28/11 11:27:21 AM#22

I bet u know about the bounty hunter male  class that can't progress through the game because of a bug.

Now with my female smuggler/scoundrel class i cant progress as well due to 2 bosses that they are healing like bitches.

I think they have released a beta game.This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them.

{mod edit}

^ be prepared OP be preapared. I am full agreement btw and how this has not been hotfixed is just beyond me

Agricola1

Advanced Member

"The one you call messiah is a lie"--- Gary Numan

12/28/11 11:30:50 AM#23
Originally posted by Puremallace

{mod edit}

^ be prepared OP be preapared. I am full agreement btw and how this has not been hotfixed is just beyond me

What has not been hotfixed? Could someone explain what the hell is being discussed here?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

sartok

Advanced Member

12/28/11 11:33:36 AM#24

Boo freakin hoo. While this ismt my dream MMO it isnt so bad. Cry me a river. I made it through 2 years of Vanguard and many other MMO launchs that were bugged to death. This one has so few and you QQ as much as you can......

Quit MMOs now. You will never be happy with one. 

Painlezz

Apprentice Member

12/28/11 11:33:57 AM#25

It has been fixed, it wasn't a problem for everyone, and you can progress in the game.  We have friends who had the issue and they've gotten past it.

Pouf

Apprentice Member

----
How can you kill someone who has no life?
---

12/28/11 11:35:29 AM#26

"Mario bros 1 too is bugged . I keep going forward and end up in the same place then run out of time"

Oh nvm i figured it out.. I had to use my head and think .. forgot about that

maskedweasel

Tipster

"Kids, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane."

12/28/11 11:35:31 AM#27

{mod edit}

What quests is he talking about specifically?  It doesn't appear you would know Puremallace seeing as how you aren't playing the game. lol

"Loan me a Dragon I wanna see space"

Puremallace

Novice Member

12/28/11 11:43:01 AM#28
Originally posted by maskedweasel

What quests is he talking about specifically?  It doesn't appear you would know Puremallace seeing as how you aren't playing the game. lol

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging about something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

{mod edit}

maskedweasel

Tipster

"Kids, try imagining how far the universe extends! Keep thinking about it until you go insane."

12/28/11 11:44:54 AM#29

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging abot something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

I can already tell you, the Smuggler class quests aren't bugged or else I wouldn't be where I am on my scoundrel today.

Agricola1

Advanced Member

"The one you call messiah is a lie"--- Gary Numan

12/28/11 11:49:12 AM#30

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging about something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

{mod edit}

Well why not be specific if he has come here for help? I play a BH and have come across two quests one was bugged and the other may have been just a glitch. The one that was glitched I solved myself and the bugged one I solved thanks to people on the forums helping eachother.

We can't help otherwise.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Lidane

Novice Member

12/28/11 11:51:01 AM#31
Originally posted by Pouf

So the game is bugged because it is too hard?

Heh. And here I thought it was supposed to be too easy.

Who knew that challenging content meant the game was bugged?

teakbois

Apprentice Member

12/28/11 11:51:43 AM#32

If I can find it I will link it. Someone else was raging abot something similar to what the OP is flipping out about. The pointed out two quest for classes were bugged or some crap.

I can already tell you, the Smuggler class quests aren't bugged or else I wouldn't be where I am on my scoundrel today.

I am baffled this site allows posters like Puremallace.  There are people that post negative things about the game, but do so from experience and in a constructive manner.  People like Creslin, for instance.  Puremallace does neither.  His posting is 'this guy said this so swtor sucks'

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

12/28/11 11:53:49 AM#33

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical explanation.

Judgement withheld pending further detail.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Cthulhu23

Apprentice Member

12/28/11 11:58:55 AM#34
Originally posted by elocke

Can I haz your stuff?  Seriously, just don't play the game if it bothers you that much.  Me?  I'm sitll only level 38 on my male BH and if I get to that point and it's bugged, guess what?  I won't gripe here about it.  I'll put in a bug report and play one of my many alts and enjoy their story knowing full well Bioware is going to fix that bug fairly soon.  

This is far too reasonable a post, particularly when the option to rage quit the game and complain about it on the forums exists.  ;)

teakbois

Apprentice Member

12/28/11 11:59:11 AM#35
Originally posted by Icewhite

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical conclusion.

There actually is a glitch with the BH quest, but it doesnt make the encounter unbeatable.  Not sure if the patch fixed it or not.  Its not remotely gamebreaking.  The other one seems to be a player skill issue, or something really tsrange happening to him and only him.

maskedweasel

Tipster

12/28/11 12:02:58 PM#36
Originally posted by teakbois

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical conclusion.

There actually is a glitch with the BH quest, but it doesnt make the encounter unbeatable.  Not sure if the patch fixed it or not.  Its not remotely gamebreaking.  The other one seems to be a player skill issue, or something really tsrange happening to him and only him.

As stated, the problem is, we just don't know what the quest is.  I went up against some pretty tough opponents in my class quests,  some of them took me an hour to find out how to beat them after multiple deaths, but I did it all, solo,  and it took some strategy.  

He could be talking about a number of boss fights,  and I could go into naming the ones I had a problem with,  but I'm not going to spoil anything unnecessarily... if he honestly has trouble with the quests or thinks they're "bugged", he'll be specific about them,  but the OP doesnt' want help,  the OP wants to complain.

Puremallace

Novice Member

12/28/11 12:03:30 PM#37
Originally posted by teakbois

I am baffled this site allows posters like Puremallace.  There are people that post negative things about the game, but do so from experience and in a constructive manner.  People like Creslin, for instance.  Puremallace does neither.  His posting is 'this guy said this so swtor sucks'

Now that takes balls. You of all people calling me out for criticizing a game when you lived on the Rift forums for the past 8 months. GG.

@OP be more specific or people rage and autimatically think you are out to kill the game

bdew

Advanced Member

12/28/11 12:06:50 PM#38

Given the lack of detail in the op, and the lack of thousands of corroborative threads including similar tales of woe, and a plethora of capped BH's--a PEBCAK error seems the easiest and most logical explanation.

The problem with BHs actually exists. It happens under some specific conditions (one of them bing dark side, the other is picking a DS option in some specific dialog), when it happens you finish one class quest... and don't get the next one, thus unable to progress and finish your storyline. BW is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

I have no clue WTF is the OP is talking about Smuglers however.

Gdemami

Elite Member

12/28/11 12:08:33 PM#39

Not sure if you noticed, but that is the typical TOR fan response whenever someone finds a issue:
Bug reporter: Hey I found a bugged node
TOR fan: wtf zomg WoW had like so many bugs in 2005
Bug reporter: huh what just reporting a node
TOR fan: zomg did you ever play Vanguard it had bugs too zomg

Except that isn't how it happened or I guess you have not seen any bug report ever.

This isn't bug reporting:

"This is how awesome swtor is.2 classes cant progress the main quest."
"This is translated fooling with customers and they pay me to fool them."
"I had enough even if i like star wars i cant take it"

No specification on what the issue is supposed to be, no further appearance in thread.

It is just a standard, ordinary troll/hating related thread.

BarCrow

Advanced Member

12/28/11 12:11:01 PM#40
Originally posted by Loktofeit

I find elites to be the some of the laziest 'content' ever added to MMOs, however you should be able to grab another player or two to help you out damage the healing. Ask around and see if you can get help.

Agree with the elites being lazy content. To the OP. If it is a bug it will be fixed. You can't be surprised that any game has a bug. It just happens. If its an issue of difficulty then the answer is planning and/or grouping. Then CC who you can and kill the healers first or outdamage and stun lock as much as possible. There were some hard Heroics..imo on Tatooine. My grp died a few times..then we got into a groove and it went like clockwork. Don't quit a game because one part is too hard. That's ridiculous. So is quitting because you encounter some bugs now and then. MMO's by nature of constant change and updates are always going to have bugs popping up.. If you just don't like playing TOR then by all means...quit.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search