Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Pirate101 | Moonrise

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,628 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,270,214
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Nar shaddaa sky palace video

12 posts found
  gaou

Keeper of the Archives

Joined: 12/04/09
Posts: 2011

 
OP  4/30/14 6:31:23 PM#1

they released a video with a little footage of the nar shaddaa sky place. its only shown in the last 20 secs or so but still nice to see more

 

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20140430

 

edit: in case you cant use their video player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPlN7ejeHow#t=00m31s

  Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1617

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

4/30/14 7:10:48 PM#2

I love idea of adding staircases and balconies. It seems more sofisticated than I thought it would be.

Does this video suggest that Nar Shaddaa sky palace is going to be a floating one? I certainly hope so. Now if we could use our own spaceship to get there with nice cutscene....


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  cheyane

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/17/09
Posts: 2433

4/30/14 7:33:45 PM#3
You know Seven that is what I like about you that you look forward to a nice cut scene. So do I. I enjoy all this stuff but be sure there will be people who will rain on our party those that hate the spaceship taking off  cut scenes. The things I like are what others dislike about SWTOR. No matter how many times I have seen it I still love that scene with Kamus in Tatooine. I have like 13 characters may be hmm well not counting those on the other server that would be 17 damn I am a serious altaholic.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  gaou

Keeper of the Archives

Joined: 12/04/09
Posts: 2011

 
OP  4/30/14 7:36:09 PM#4
Originally posted by Sevenstar61

I love idea of adding staircases and balconies. It seems more sofisticated than I thought it would be.

Does this video suggest that Nar Shaddaa sky palace is going to be a floating one? I certainly hope so. Now if we could use our own spaceship to get there with nice cutscene....

with that last image in the video they certainly seem to suggest that it is floating. dont know if we can get there with our ships however there is a form of quick travel related to them

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7371700#edit7371700

A few other things I have seen in the thread...

  • Companions in Strongholds - I was able to talk to the Design team about this. Exactly how it will work is still being worked out. I will post about it in the future once things are a bit more locked down!
  • Quick Travel - You can travel to your Stronghold anytime you can use Quick Travel currently. Also, as a subscriber you have a few options on where you can travel to from your Stronghold, including back to the coordinates you just came from.

-eric

 

edit: oh i also really like the wall art on that staircase.

  Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

Joined: 7/22/12
Posts: 1617

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

4/30/14 7:47:34 PM#5
Originally posted by cheyane
You know Seven that is what I like about you that you look forward to a nice cut scene. So do I. I enjoy all this stuff but be sure there will be people who will rain on our party those that hate the spaceship taking off  cut scenes. The things I like are what others dislike about SWTOR. No matter how many times I have seen it I still love that scene with Kamus in Tatooine. I have like 13 characters may be hmm well not counting those on the other server that would be 17 damn I am a serious altaholic.

Welcome to the club of altoholics /grin I am at 21 alts. Soon I will have to start to delete them, or start petition for increase of number of alts per server beyond 22....

And yeah I absolutely love cutscenes... all of them LOL.


Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

  Impacthound

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/26/14
Posts: 263

5/01/14 10:01:12 AM#6
PTR is not up yet, but able to be downloaded, so there should be some youtube/twitch footage of it and the opportunity to playtest it later today.
  gaou

Keeper of the Archives

Joined: 12/04/09
Posts: 2011

 
OP  5/01/14 12:56:26 PM#7
Originally posted by Impacthound
PTR is not up yet, but able to be downloaded, so there should be some youtube/twitch footage of it and the opportunity to playtest it later today.

patch notes arent up yet so cant tell, but not sure if housing will be there.  pretty sure they arent pushing back the entire patch just the housing portion, so it might not be on there for the 2.8 patch

 

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds | 04.23.2014, 09:28 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
<div quote-body"=""> Thanks for the update and transparency.
Very excited about some of the new features and if they need to bake a little more to have a more integrated experience I won't complain.

One question though. 2.8 was called the "biggest update to date" is this still the case with this no longer being part of that patch? I would expect that it no longer is but just curious.
Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric
 

  Impacthound

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/26/14
Posts: 263

5/01/14 2:21:25 PM#8
Originally posted by gaou

patch notes arent up yet so cant tell, but not sure if housing will be there.  pretty sure they arent pushing back the entire patch just the housing portion, so it might not be on there for the 2.8 patch

 

Producer Letter – Galactic Strongholds | 04.23.2014, 09:28 AM
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
<div quote-body"=""> Thanks for the update and transparency.
Very excited about some of the new features and if they need to bake a little more to have a more integrated experience I won't complain.

One question though. 2.8 was called the "biggest update to date" is this still the case with this no longer being part of that patch? I would expect that it no longer is but just curious.
Great question! 2.8 will no longer be the "biggest update to date" as we will be shifting Galactic Strongholds out of it. 2.8 will still be great though, we will have more details about it, and the rest of our plan in Bruce's updated Roadmap. We will have that to you guys in the next few weeks!

-eric
 

You're right, looks like that PTR today is foundation for bug fixes & Nightmare mode only. People were hoping for more, wishful thinking I guess. Gonna be a dry spell unless they sneak something in with a future build and the roadmap update planned for the next week or two.

  tixylix

Hard Core Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 1122

5/03/14 5:20:34 AM#9
Whocares it is instanced.
  DocBrody

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/24/13
Posts: 1527

5/03/14 6:44:48 PM#10

question to the regular players

 

there is a construction site visible on Coruscant, is this new, does it depict the place where the housing apartment building will be?

or was it there before?

you can see it when you come out of the galactic sentate building to the left, some half finished skyscraper in the distance

  ZoeMcCloskey

Advanced Member

Joined: 7/14/05
Posts: 1128

INTJ, fun is fun except when it's not

5/03/14 8:29:13 PM#11
Had a ton of fun on this game, have returned for a couple short stints.  They should give CE buyers this palace for free. :P  I am thinking of returning again, between this or Wildstar, but suppose I could do both, hah.

  DocBrody

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/24/13
Posts: 1527

5/04/14 6:43:01 PM#12

what if my subscription runs out before early access starts, will I still get the apartment unlocked on official launch??