Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Archlord 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,798,937 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,825
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
58 posts found
  cylon8

Hard Core Member

5/04/14 8:33:41 AM#21
Why sub to that trainwreck?

so say we all

Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

5/04/14 8:41:24 AM#22
Sorry to hear you have problems with sub. I don't see how you can get it resolved without calling customer service though. Obviously something got messed up in your account.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

JeroKane

Elite Member

5/04/14 8:41:48 AM#23
Originally posted by Gorwe
AmEx not accepted by an AMERICAN company??? Hahahahahaha! Thank you for such a good laugh.

If their f2p was worth anything(it is severely outdated alongside all the other classic Freemiums{ddo/LoTRO/AoC/etc}), I wouldn't even start this thread. Besides, I want to subscribe and they don't let me? Wt ass backward capitalism is that O.o?

American Express is total crap! In most places in Europe it's not accepted. Even in many restaurants in holiday destinations!

I once got suckered into AE years ago due to KLM and Airmiles promotion. Worst decision ever!

A year and many headaches and facepalms later I was back to Visa. Never again American Express!

I am sure on US soil it's a good credit card, if you never leave the country and don't do much online shopping.

But here in Europe it's just totally useless! /facepalm

Necropsie

Elite Member

5/04/14 8:49:10 AM#24
I don't have a paypal. Besides, what kind of service rejects a perfectly viable CC? Amateurish, That's which.

It's a Credit Card. Not a debit or anything else. I can pay anywhere else with it just fine.

The sad part is that Tor hits basically all of my game reqs on the head. Meh, what can you do? Learn what you can, move on and cherish the memories. As per Saturn's creed. :/

Get a PayPal account. It will take 5 mins max. Less time then you waste by posting here.

Get a game time card code. Use sites like kinguin.net. Will be much cheaper then EA's fee. Pay with PayPal.

Use game code. Live happy.

Stages of a new mmo: 1) It's just beta. It still has plenty of time before release. 2) It just launched. Give it time. WoW wasn't built in a day. 3) We don't need you anyway. 4) F2P announced. 5)Huge influx of players. 6) Look how much has changed. 7) Cash shop is the only thing developed lately. 8) It has been a long journey and we thank everyone who was part of it. Shutting down in 3 months. (Courtesy of Robokapp.)

jesteralways

Advanced Member

5/04/14 8:53:05 AM#25

You can call their customer support number from skype and it cost nothing(yes, EAWare don't tell it to people because then everyone will call them from skype and ruin their day). 

alternatively you can buy gametime keys from :

http://www.g2a.com

http://www.mmosale.com( cheapest here)

No panties, No Life

Kuinn

Advanced Member

5/04/14 8:53:18 AM#26

I already made a thread about this, but what the hell. This needs to be brought out more:

I keep getting error{0}s and thelling to come back later. They also charge 1,1$ for every click/try when placing an order. This is happening for the recurring sub(none of them work). I tried:

-> Deleting/updating my CC info(my previous CC expired so I had to do it anyhow).

-> Switching browsers(I tried from the Firefox, IE and even from iPhone's Safari)

-> Logging off/on

And...nothing Works!

They. Don't. Want. My Money!!! Any help?

edit: AmEx CC

I had a problem with EA and credit card too, tried all kinds of stuff since normally my e-purchases work just fine. Finally I called my bank and it turns out my e-purchases are enabled, but my area for purchases is zoned to EU, and since EA purchases register as US or whatever it prevented me from buying from them, I set the zone global, made purchase, then went back to EU zone for some extra safety.

Vrika

Elite Member

5/04/14 8:53:32 AM#27

You could try buying a 60 day game card from EA's origin service if it's available in your country.

I'd paste a link to the game card purchase page, but EA's webstore is so completely fucked up that I can't.

Scott23

Advanced Member

5/04/14 8:54:59 AM#28

UPDATE:

Now I can't purchase a regular GTC at their shop! So I can't go for recurring(Error 0) and I can't go for a regular GTC(It say, I quote: "This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins{???} please call our Customer Service or you can try again tomorrow"

WTF IS THIS??? I feel like I'm in Truman Show lol. Wanna bet if I went to the local gamestore that they miraculously wouldn't have EA timecards as well and Amazon would have some error as well lol? ;)

EA FIX YOUR FKKIN STUFF!!!

This might be because of the several failed attempts at the subscription charge.  The might be trying to 'protect' you from unauthorized charges.

I would also check with Amex to make sure that they haven't blocked EA from charging.  Just a thought.

Gorwe

Hard Core Member

OP  5/04/14 9:00:20 AM#29
Well, I do have AmEx + Diners. One for Europe and one for America I guess. Lol. Strange how absent Diners is online. One would think otherwise.

And I'll put what exactly on paypal? It's not my card per se.

Fk this trainwreck! Fk it to Oblivion and back! I am not calling them and spending 15$+ just for them to say that it's some kind of problem with the Card/with the bank. In fact, if I called them and heard that same idiom("some problem"), I would basically say fk you to the CS agent and wouldn't subscribe. For 15$ I expect a detailed explanation step by step in order to figure out where the problem is.

I see that BiowareMythic still hasn't learned a thing after what? 4 years? I am referring to the infamous billing error that charged some people up to 100 times! It happened, you guessed it!, in WAR.
  Andraxx

Apprentice Member

5/04/14 9:11:52 AM#30

I have a feeling it is because it is a Croatian Amex card. A few years back I worked at an online shop that accepted Amex. We did occasionally get an order that used an Amex issued in Croatia. When that happened, if we wanted to run a standard security check on the billing address, we had to call directly to Croatia, rather than the usual Amex automated verification process, because Croatian Amex cards are "franchise" cards not linked directly to the main Amex database.

Now that everything is automated with online purchasing, it is possible their billing system is stumbling over how to verify the card because it is not stored in the regular Amex database. I'm going on how it was at least 6 years ago, so it could be different by now, but Croatian Amex was always separate back in the day.

Ppiper

Advanced Member

5/04/14 9:15:45 AM#31
Originally posted by Fenrir767
Most companies do not accept American Express, use master or visa.

SWTOR does accept Amex, that's how I funded my sub. 

Gorwe

Hard Core Member

OP  5/04/14 11:28:23 AM#32
It doesn't have any kind of additional logo on it. Standard Evergreen Card. Therefore it's standard as it comes. I know what you're speaking of tho. Visa is handled through the franchises here.

Plus, to make things even better, I'd already purchased a sub before this started happening. With my previous CC(I had to renew it). Idk what to think, feel or whatever. :/
  Malabooga

Hard Core Member

5/04/14 12:01:08 PM#33
Originally posted by JeroKane
AmEx not accepted by an AMERICAN company??? Hahahahahaha! Thank you for such a good laugh.

If their f2p was worth anything(it is severely outdated alongside all the other classic Freemiums{ddo/LoTRO/AoC/etc}), I wouldn't even start this thread. Besides, I want to subscribe and they don't let me? Wt ass backward capitalism is that O.o?

American Express is total crap! In most places in Europe it's not accepted. Even in many restaurants in holiday destinations!

I once got suckered into AE years ago due to KLM and Airmiles promotion. Worst decision ever!

A year and many headaches and facepalms later I was back to Visa. Never again American Express!

I am sure on US soil it's a good credit card, if you never leave the country and don't do much online shopping.

But here in Europe it's just totally useless! /facepalm

Im using AmEx for 20+ years now, used it across Europe without any problems whatsoever, from Romania to UK to Spain.

In fact i dont care for any place that doesnt accept AmEx because its probably below any standard and cant meet minimum standards required by AmEx.

For the OP, EAs system is borked, just buy game time card for G2A (or wherever you want), nice bonus is that way is also much cheaper.

https://www.g2a.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-prepaid.html

Gorwe

Hard Core Member

OP  6/21/14 4:22:02 AM#34
I still can't. Their customer service is beyond horrible! Like they have trained chimpanzees working there, not humans.

It's especially important now because of the Summer pass. I Save up to 25% by purchasing it. But I can't! Why? Error{0}. It's not like I don't want to pay, but I can't! I pay for my games ffs. And I can't purchase this elsewhere.

What to do?
  DocBrody

Advanced Member

6/21/14 4:27:14 AM#35
I am from Croatia:

G fking G

hey fellow,

you could simply get a 60 day time card from ebay Germany

http://www.ebay.de/itm/60-Tage-SWTOR-Gamecard-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Game-Time-Card-Key-DE-EU-/320809105157?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item4ab1b67705

Gorwe

Hard Core Member

OP  6/21/14 5:17:25 AM#36
I could. But then my day of playing costs 2,75$ instead of 1,9$. Not to mention that I get only 2 months instead of 4. Was thinking about Amazon until this beautiful offer hit me.

I am just so sad...
  Malabooga

Hard Core Member

6/21/14 8:10:11 AM#37
I could. But then my day of playing costs 2,75$ instead of 1,9$. Not to mention that I get only 2 months instead of 4. Was thinking about Amazon until this beautiful offer hit me.

I am just so sad...

http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/compare-and-buy-gamecard-star-wars-the-old-republic-60-days-prepaid-time-card/

17 euro for 2 months, 34 for 4 months opposed to 30 for 4 months for summer pass.

NOTE you only get 200 cartel coins TOTAL with summer pass while with game time cards you will get 2100 cartel coins (4x525). Also you dont have to buy 2 game time cards immediately so if you get enough after 2 months you didnt waste any money.

Vise se isplati po meni ;)

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

6/21/14 8:17:30 AM#38
dont retail stores sell game time cards in Croatia? try Amazon then. They do sell those, both physical cards and online codes. I would buy those any time before putting my CC on Swtor after they removed the cancel sub button back at launch lol.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

Gorwe

Hard Core Member

OP  6/21/14 8:56:00 AM#39
No they don't have...

Lol croatian? Won't use it out of respect for others(where would we get if we all used our language? Nowhere most likely ;) )

I basically need only two months so my dailies start rolling. 17 Euro for 2 months is an awesome deal! You Save ~25%! The only question is "is it safe?".
  Malabooga

Hard Core Member

6/21/14 2:45:50 PM#40

Well ive been buying games/GTCs this way for 4-5 years now and never had any problems.

I use paypal with AmEx for buying.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search