Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,053 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,043
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

18 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  12/12/13 12:25:31 AM#1

I don't really know what to do with my first 50, a Sith Warrior. My gear is not that good because I haven't been running instances or doing group content. I can get by on Makeb, but it's kind of tough. I guess it was set up for people who already had their endgame gear. I'm also low on credits from gearing up my companions and training skills.

What should I do? Is it worth doing dailies on Corellia or Belsavis? How about Section X? Any suggestions?

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

12/12/13 12:29:31 AM#2

Originally posted by PWN_FACE
I don't really know what to do with my first 50, a Sith Warrior. My gear is not that good because I haven't been running instances or doing group content. I can get by on Makeb, but it's kind of tough. I guess it was set up for people who already had their endgame gear. I'm also low on credits from gearing up my companions and training skills.

What should I do? Is it worth doing dailies on Corellia or Belsavis? How about Section X? Any suggestions?

No idea, But grats on 50...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

baphamet

Advanced Member

12/12/13 12:55:48 AM#3

do you have planetary commendations saved up? you can buy makeb mods with them on the fleet.

if you don't have any or enough saved up you can either just do quests to save up more or do pvp and trade the pvp comms for the planetary ones.

that should get you started and geared enough for makeb for sure. just remember that makeb quests will not get you from 50 to 55 alone, you must do other things too.

DrunkWolf

Advanced Member

12/12/13 12:58:36 AM#4

did your space bar survive the journey to level 50?

User Deleted

OP  12/12/13 6:01:00 AM#5
Thanks, guys.
  User Deleted
12/12/13 6:05:45 AM#6

Congrats! When I hit 50, I worked on crew skills, companion rep, and space missions. That was only 4 months after the launch of the game, so by now, Im sure there is a lot more to do.

Phry

Elite Member

12/12/13 6:22:35 AM#7
You should be picking up gear on Makeb thats much better, and about the only thing you can do is either work towards making, or buying, the purple, or at least blue, level 55 mods, though personally, i never progressed beyond making level 53 purple mods.
  BadOrb

Advanced Member

12/12/13 2:09:49 PM#8

Yeah section x and blackhole should help , also I like the 2nd and 3rd daily on makeb you get 26 k xp for each , after you open the main hub on the planet the place they send you has the 2nd one and the 2nd place they send you has a quest box for the 3rd daily I mentioned.

Atm there is a bounty hunting event on until Monday late , also the gree event should be back maybe next tuesday.

The main point is that you will struggle on Makeb at some point ( I have a character in exactly the same place and same level but in a group of 3 ) so yeah doing some of the above or even some PVP GSF or otherwise should lift you up to cope with the final parts of the Makeb storyline.

Good luck and congratulations.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Sevenstar61

Hard Core Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

12/12/13 5:10:18 PM#9

Section X is better choice than Black Hole as it gives basic comms. With basic comms you can get level 69 gear. But to be honest I don't think you have to gear up for Makeb. I made it on some ungeared toons and it was no big deal. It might be tough at times, but it is definitely doable even in crap armor. Do not buy any level 66 purple gear. Right after hitting 55 go to Oricon and do quests there. All quests are giving you a choice of level 66 purple armor. After you finish them you will be fully geared.

After finishing Makeb, if you do not like to do FPS do weekly dailies on Makeb and Oricon. They are both giving for 12 elite comms + 20 basic comms. You could do CZ-198 as well, but you have to do 2 heroics 2+ for weekly.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Elevenb4

Apprentice Member

12/12/13 5:14:54 PM#10
I agree, shouldn't have to gear up for Makeb. I went straight there at 50 on my Jugg, Assn and PT. I didn't have any special gear. I just kept my green gear up to date every two levels, along with my Healing companion. I didn't worry about keeping my other companions geared at the time.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

Tamanous

Elite Member

12/12/13 5:18:01 PM#11

Pick up some gear through planetary comms. The Makeb vendor on fleet offers entry purples. Might be level 53 though if I remember right but previous blues should easily get you through Makeb content. The trick is to make sure your chosen companion is also up to par with gear.

When my gunslinger it Makeb he had old mid range operation gear and things died so fast I often only had to use one ability to clear trash mobs, silvers took less than a full rotation and golds laughable for the most part. It is easily played with level 50 greens if smart.

You stay sassy!

User Deleted

OP  12/13/13 9:11:25 PM#12

I've managed to farm up all the planetary comm stuff, so I have the purple lvl 58 stuff. It has made Makeb much easier than it was for sure. 

I also just geared up Jaesa with all level 50/51 greens. I like running with her, but probably will need to gear up Quinn and Vette, too. But credits seem pretty easy to come by with the dailies available right now.

BadOrb

Advanced Member

12/16/13 4:40:48 PM#13

I've managed to farm up all the planetary comm stuff, so I have the purple lvl 58 stuff. It has made Makeb much easier than it was for sure. 

I also just geared up Jaesa with all level 50/51 greens. I like running with her, but probably will need to gear up Quinn and Vette, too. But credits seem pretty easy to come by with the dailies available right now.

As much as I hate Quinn , I did need to gear him up on makeb , I won't spoil anything but a healer is more than likely a requirement in certain parts. On the other hand if you have finished Makeb then this and my first sentence are mute :)

Yeah you are also gaining basic comms now by doing those dailies and your first mainhand 66 and / or relic will soon be available to you.

Personally I just changed my Assassin into a tank and will need to practice before I fly into the deep end on him :)

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.

catlana

Advanced Member

Playing GW2, ToR, PoE
Played AoC, Aion, DDO, EQ2, CoH, Rift, TERA, WAR, WoW

12/17/13 7:51:29 PM#14
Originally posted by Tamanous

Pick up some gear through planetary comms. The Makeb vendor on fleet offers entry purples. Might be level 53 though if I remember right but previous blues should easily get you through Makeb content. The trick is to make sure your chosen companion is also up to par with gear.

When my gunslinger it Makeb he had old mid range operation gear and things died so fast I often only had to use one ability to clear trash mobs, silvers took less than a full rotation and golds laughable for the most part. It is easily played with level 50 greens if smart.

First, congrats to the OP on making 50. My newbie Sith warrior was having a tough time on Makeb until I got some gear from there.

User Deleted

OP  12/17/13 9:33:35 PM#15

Thanks guys. 

I'm doing okay now with Jaesa. I will have to gear up Quinn later, I guess. I'm at level 53 now because I had a lot of rested XP. I'm resting at Imperial now to get more of that to take up to 55 :D  

I just love the x2 xp now that my gear is decent enough, I hope.

BadOrb

Advanced Member

12/18/13 12:26:00 PM#16

Ah 53 that's a good level to be at , have you been to try the Ilum Gree event ? It now gives basic comms as rewards instead of classic comms , after I and  a few others requested it last time round. Watch out for being auto flagged for PVP though , the issue has come back. It happens in a few ways , just be careful.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

User Deleted

OP  12/18/13 6:39:36 PM#17
Originally posted by BadOrb

Ah 53 that's a good level to be at , have you been to try the Ilum Gree event ? It now gives basic comms as rewards instead of classic comms , after I and  a few others requested it last time round. Watch out for being auto flagged for PVP though , the issue has come back. It happens in a few ways , just be careful.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I meant to go check out Ilum. I have a quest sending me there. 

As to your warning, thank you. I have been ganked before, so I will be prepared for it. I don't much care for pvp in this type of game. I just want to do my pve and be left in peace. The ganking seems mostly pointless, so I just try to ignore it and do my pve objective and move on. I have other games for pvp.

But yeah, those basic comms are good. I have no use for classic. 

Cheers

BadOrb

Advanced Member

12/19/13 1:36:40 PM#18
Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I meant to go check out Ilum. I have a quest sending me there. 

As to your warning, thank you. I have been ganked before, so I will be prepared for it. I don't much care for pvp in this type of game. I just want to do my pve and be left in peace. The ganking seems mostly pointless, so I just try to ignore it and do my pve objective and move on. I have other games for pvp.

But yeah, those basic comms are good. I have no use for classic. 

Cheers

Yeah it doesn't happen that often , but one way is your companion can leap onto an opposing faction flagged person lol and yeah well not too funny all the time. To start the gree event you need to click one of 4 holo floating terminals at the fleet they are huge and at each point of a plus sign ( + ) if you get me near the coruscant or drommund kass departures or cartel bazar entrance etc.

Yeah the basic comms are a great addition to the event , oh one other thing the heroic there if you have flagged pvp players in your team watch out , was a nightmare last night and also ask to do the heroic in the PVE area.

Cheers,

BadOrb.