Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,878 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,085,234
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » i actually didn't believe it

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
21 posts found
  observer

Apprentice Member

First came pride, then envy.

7/31/13 1:57:55 PM#21
Originally posted by TeknoBug

At least in some F2P (like GW2) lets you buy items, expanded bank space and inventory space with ingame money but you can only do it via Cartel in SWTOR. Not to mention stuff that existed before it went F2P like hide head slot, unify colors, etc.

GW2 is not f2p.  You must purchase the game in order to play.  I hate when people say this.  TSW is also buy to play (b2p).  SWTOR is f2p, Rift is f2p, EQ2 is f2p, etc.   Free-to-play means there is no initial payment to play.  Anyone can download the software and then play for free.  You cannot do this in GW2 or TSW (as far as i know, it's still b2p).

As to the topic.  Swtor is the most restrictive MMO i've ever tried.  I like to believe that it turned more people off than it actually brought them in to play.  Restrictions on hotbars, character creation, unify colors feature.  I mean seriously?  Was it necessary to restrict every little thing that would actually make the game better for new players?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search