Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | The Secret World

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,276 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,361
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Combat improvements since launch?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  gervaise1

Elite Member

6/03/13 4:21:57 AM#21
Originally posted by Mandible
Just curious if there have been any improvements to combat since launch. I played for the first few months and the game had its flaws, but my biggest annoyance was the clunky feel of combat, especially in pvp.  

What can feel clunky to one person can feel as smooth as silk to another of course so I would have to say that:

If you don't want to go to the hassle of trying it out as F2P then I would say that - assuming your computer ran it OK at launch - you are not going to find it any different now.

Abrraham

Apprentice Member

6/03/13 8:29:12 AM#22
Originally posted by simplius

most mmo players dont want action combat,,tera is proof of that

wildstar will prolly have to put in a dual system a la STO, if the want to keep a big playerbase

Actually it's a proof that many people want this because Tera is one of the worst games contentwise, still it has a big playerbase nowadays - only due to its combat (worldwide around 30 servers with lots of players!). You always hear people saying "Crap game but good combat, that's the only reason I'm playing it". Besides, Tera is much more mmoish than Neverwinter for instance. They offer much more different boss mechanics and events plus you have like 3 times more skills to use which also cause more additional effects on your targets, like in classic combat.

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

6/21/13 4:25:59 PM#23
Actually swtor is the only tab targetting game i can play.. Combat is great, requires reactionals, and very fluent, you can almost feel the impact of your attacks.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Abrraham

Apprentice Member

6/21/13 4:29:18 PM#24
I agree. It has good fluid combat, nice animations and even though it's tab targetting you feel the action.
  catlana

Advanced Member

Playing GW2, ToR, PoE
Played AoC, Aion, DDO, EQ2, CoH, Rift, TERA, WAR, WoW

6/24/13 1:13:30 PM#25
Originally posted by Abrraham

wildstar will prolly have to put in a dual system a la STO, if the want to keep a big playerbase

Actually it's a proof that many people want this because Tera is one of the worst games contentwise, still it has a big playerbase nowadays - only due to its combat (worldwide around 30 servers with lots of players!). You always hear people saying "Crap game but good combat, that's the only reason I'm playing it". Besides, Tera is much more mmoish than Neverwinter for instance. They offer much more different boss mechanics and events plus you have like 3 times more skills to use which also cause more additional effects on your targets, like in classic combat.

I am going to agree with this. The only reason to play Tera is the combat system otherwise the game was not my cup of tea. I do agree out of all the tab targeting games The Old Republic is the one that feels the best to me. Combat and rotations have been tweaked quite a bit since launch.  

ImperialSun

Advanced Member

6/25/13 7:16:27 AM#26
Originally posted by catlana
Originally posted by Abrraham

I am going to agree with this. The only reason to play Tera is the combat system otherwise the game was not my cup of tea. I do agree out of all the tab targeting games The Old Republic is the one that feels the best to me. Combat and rotations have been tweaked quite a bit since launch.  

Sadly I have to inform you that Gervaise1 says you are wrong about that...apparently the game is completely unchanged since launch...

Oh wait, or was that just another lame attempt by the same old haters to put people off trying the game or giving it a re-visit??

For anyone interested, the ability delay which was a problem at launch, along with the memory leak that has caused problems for some have been fixed...combat has been tweaked along the way and I personally feel the combat is much more solid and polished that it has been since EA/launch.

If you are interested, try it out for yourself and take the usual haters comments with a pinch of salt where combat in particular is concerned. Combat itself hardly ever gets mentioned on the official forum, much less moaned about and believe me, for the SWTOR boards that is really something lol :)

Driz

2 Pages « 1 2 Search