Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,758 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,893
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Worth a spin for a few weeks ?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  fyodor29

Apprentice Member

4/27/13 5:20:22 AM#21
Play Eve instead. That's proper scifi.
  simplius

Novice Member

4/27/13 9:30:24 AM#22
Originally posted by fyodor29

oh yea,,spreadsheets are so modern

simplius

Novice Member

4/27/13 9:35:06 AM#23
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
Originally posted by simplius
Originally posted by allegria
Originally posted by Thorkune

Couple of weeks=definitely

Beyond that=definitely not...it's way too restricted, the world is on rails and the F2P restrictions will drive you nuts.

Yep that is about how long i lasted... got to mid-late 20s and hit a wall.

i hit the same wall around lvl 30, but i had a sub

so its not only F2P restrictions

Strange, because actually at these levels the game really starts to pick up, Planets start getting huge, and stories become even more immersive...

maybe,,but i just couldnt stand the combat system anymore

hacking my way through hordes of mobs for a short cutscene,,no thanx

at least wow gave us a fun time ,while levelling

DocBrody

Advanced Member

4/27/13 9:42:28 AM#24

Hello,

love chlichés much? CCP are visualising more and more of the old spreadsheets in different ways, even more with the Oddysey expansion coming in about a month, don´t know which version you played but if you still make the old joke of Excel in space you don´t have a clue about EvE (which is very likely according to your post).

Cheers

Doc B

eddieg50

Advanced Member

4/29/13 10:56:50 AM#25
  I play both Tor and TSW they are a casual players dream, although Tor is much better for alts. I like the Imperial agents story, the one thing lacking amaizingly is a good space game, TOR does have a space game but it is more of a afterthought. One thing that does hurt TOR is the F2P, unless you sub you will suffer a exp debt and will have to grind which takes away some of the pleasure of the game where as TSW has a great F2P except you have to buy the game which can be found havily discounted
  Sovrath

Elite Member

4/29/13 10:59:19 AM#26

Have a bit of a game hole and thought why not check out SWTOR for some story content now that it is free... Did not get me at release ( almost )  but have a game gap and thought i would check in ...

Just want to enjoy the storyline(s), which would you recommend ?

-Allegria

most definitely.

simplius

Novice Member

4/29/13 3:49:02 PM#27
Originally posted by DocBrody

Hello,

love chlichés much? CCP are visualising more and more of the old spreadsheets in different ways, even more with the Oddysey expansion coming in about a month, don´t know which version you played but if you still make the old joke of Excel in space you don´t have a clue about EvE (which is very likely according to your post).

Cheers

Doc B

the fact , that theyre changing it, proves my point

no im not a capsuleer,,i wish i was though,,EVE is a great game

but its hostile territory for casual carebears, so i stick with STO

in my opinion, EVEs strongest point is the immersion, i have never played an mmo ,

that could make it feel like an out-of -body experience, like EVE does

Sevenstar61

Elite Member

"But it was so artistically done..." - Grand Admiral Thrawn's final words

4/29/13 4:04:38 PM#28

Level 27 now and losing reasons to login :(

was fun for a bit however... seems the classes i have tried sage / smuggler  to their 20s are just so not interesting to me.. and every class i play feels the same of course with different animations..

I found it cool however that the animations of the SW are different than Jedi knight as if they have different sabre styles... thought that was cool

Sage/smuggler were always on the bottom of my favorites. Imperial Agent, Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight are the most interesting in my opinion.

Darn forgot about my beloved Sith Assasin /grin... such a psycho LOL

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

baphamet

Hard Core Member

5/04/13 7:27:03 AM#29

sith warrior and imperial agent are my favs but i still haven't played the smuggler and bounty hunter story lines.

i will say this game is worth playing just for the stories, especially if you don't mind re-rolling new characters just to see them or to try different play styles.

IMO this isn't the game where you play the same character for long periods of time like some of the old skool mmo's, though.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search