Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,936 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,759
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Ridicilous F2P limitation

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
94 posts found
  tiefighter25

Novice Member

4/02/13 8:25:29 AM#81
Doogie, you said SWTOR had remained esentially unchanged since launch.
  Doogiehowser

Apprentice Member

4/02/13 8:25:35 AM#82
Originally posted by Gaborik
It Is Actually Getting Fun Watching The Same People Still Whining And Crying About Swtor. The Restrictions Are WhAt They Are, Dont Like It Dont Play Or Pay The Whopping $15/Month. These People Are Not Entitled To Anything Its Entertainment. TheSe People Have This Mentality In Real Life They Are Entitled To Everything For Free Its Sad Now They Think They Are Entitled To Free Entertainment Just Sad!

Tell me about it. It is the same 3 regulars. I don't mind valid crticism that bring something new to the table  but it is same old song and dance everytime.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Doogiehowser

Apprentice Member

4/02/13 8:26:51 AM#83
Originally posted by tiefighter25
Doogie, you said SWTOR had remained esentially unchanged since launch.

No what i said was that even if SWTOR has changed it is absurd to make comparisons with SWG NGE. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Gaborik

Advanced Member

4/02/13 8:44:06 AM#84
Originally posted by Doogiehowser
It Is Actually Getting Fun Watching The Same People Still Whining And Crying About Swtor. The Restrictions Are WhAt They Are, Dont Like It Dont Play Or Pay The Whopping $15/Month. These People Are Not Entitled To Anything Its Entertainment. TheSe People Have This Mentality In Real Life They Are Entitled To Everything For Free Its Sad Now They Think They Are Entitled To Free Entertainment Just Sad!

Tell me about it. It is the same 3 regulars. I don't mind valid crticism that bring something new to the table  but it is same old song and dance everytime.

Very True And Anytime You Disagree With Them Or Call Them Out They Report You And Than You Get A LitTle Warning, But They Can (Word Not Allowed) All Day.
  sketocafe

Hard Core Member

4/02/13 8:57:06 AM#85
There's a huge difference between selling things customers may enjoy and ( to paraphrase someone on this site a few years back) filling your game with potholes and selling gravel in the item shop.
  tiefighter25

Novice Member

4/02/13 8:58:53 AM#86

Very True And Anytime You Disagree With Them Or Call Them Out They Report You And Than You Get A LitTle Warning, But They Can (Word Not Allowed) All Day.

I doubt that, more than likely a moderator moderated. Although you could be right. I know I haven't reported you, because I haven't reported anyone. That would ruin both the point and the fun of this forum.

**EDIT** Although I am now considering reporting your last post just for the delicious irony. (joke)

vadess40

Novice Member

4/02/13 9:20:48 AM#87
Originally posted by miguksaram
Originally posted by Lobotomist

Originally posted by FromHell
If 4 skill bars are not enough, you are just not skilled enough

2 skill bars. And I am talking all skill bars. Including ones in rotation.

In same time you are given huge number of pointless skills that do mostly the same thing.

Kind of ironic :P

Yes SWTOR F2P is crap..they should just call it a free trial because that is what it is.

However, what i find more ridiculous than SWTOR F2P limitations is that you decided to play SWTOR....again! even though you knew about the crappy limitations. 

You just declared last week that SWTOR has worst class skills and combat in last 10 years so all i want to know is are you a masochist? why you love punishing yourself week after week. 

Its horrible. Isnt it.

I guess I do it because of story thats still after all solid bioware stuff.

And getting over "register email" bug was kind of a challenge.

But now i am definetly done with it.

I'm not here to really argue that the lack of skills bars is a really crappy F2P option in the system because frankly I agree.  However I will certainly argue that not a single class in the game actually requires more than the F2P limitation to play well, and in most classes optimal (outside of pvp and let's face it the pvp restrictions are FAR worse than skills bars so that is a mute a point if you playing for pvp to begin with).  Please show me a priority system or rotation (do these even exist in serious MMO's anymore?) that cannot be performed within the 2 skills bars offered with the F2P only option.  Sure you can argue you can't have all your skills bound to a key but the reality, as was stated by the above poster, for the most part that simply isn't necessary because so many skills don't deserve to be on your "bar" in the first place.

I honestly think 2 Quick bars are more than enough to have all your stuff. I do a lot of endgame stuff, such as operations, and when I was a newbie to the end game content I thought I needed all 6 quick  bars too. (Note, I am a subscriber cause I do so much in the game like end game pvp and pve that I really can't just not subscribe).  I wouldn't put more than 3 QBs, but that's only cause I want a third QB for my speeder, QTs and some extra stuff. However, during boss fights I only have 2: One for main moves, and one for defensive cool downs and my stims/med packs. Any more clutters the screen so that you are seeing the GUI as opposed to the fight.

Personally, I think those who "need" more QBs might not fully understand the role they're spec'd for as in SWTOR that use the skill spec model give us a wide range of moves to allow us to play a certain role in differnt environments effectively. Note this is true about say purely DPS roles, as there is DPS for the pve environment and then there is DPS for the pvp environment. For example, my main is a DPS Sith Juggernaut. Do I need all the moves my character is given from simply levelling in order to be effectively DPS? No. The moves I need on my main quick bar are the ones that when combined and rotated/prioritized correctly optimize my DPS output. If I re-spec'd her to be a tank, the current moves on my main quick bar would move around and/or lose their place on it as I wouldn't need them. I would not in either case add 2-3 additional QBs so I have access to the moves that are unneccessary for my role and/or hinder it. 

And I'm sorry, but I must say this: I personally don't put too much weight on a user who can't be bothered to make sure the word ridiculous is spelled correctly in the title...

daltanious

Elite Member

4/02/13 5:15:58 PM#88
Ridiculous? Ridiculous is for me people aspecing game can live from free lancers only.
  Karteli

Apprentice Member

4/02/13 5:21:04 PM#89
Originally posted by daltanious
Ridiculous? Ridiculous is for me people aspecing game can live from free lancers only.

I'll end up back as F2P soon .. there just isn't enough reason to keep playing & subbing without stuff players have been asking for forever to make SWTOR different from WoW.  Time runs out soon, so meh.

How the game limps along will no doubt be thanks to gracious subscribers who pay much more per month than before.  That expensive cartel cash shop was a real blessing for F2P'ers.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Demmi77

Novice Member

4/02/13 5:47:47 PM#90

i'd rather have one button and buy all my hotbars then be required to "gamble" with cartel packs for just about every good item the game has to offer.

on top of that.....you have to p2p for almost all the features anyways. They are milking what they can from their subs, just about everyone i know has left. People play f2p to do the story then leave, spending 20 to 30 bucks along the way. I will always love the potential the game could have but all i see being developed are cartel items and more cartel packs. 

FromHell

Novice Member

4/02/13 6:08:41 PM#91
Originally posted by Karteli
Originally posted by daltanious

I'll end up back as F2P soon .. there just isn't enough reason to keep playing & subbing without stuff players have been asking for forever to make SWTOR different from WoW.  Time runs out soon, so meh.

How the game limps along will no doubt be thanks to gracious subscribers who pay much more per month than before.  That expensive cartel cash shop was a real blessing for F2P'ers.

There are people who throw hundreds of dollars at the cartel market each month,at least there were threads with people admitting their spending habits. So I don't have a bad conscious playing completely free, Bw earns enough money, just not from me. But I would buy their space sim expansion if it would actually exist.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

superniceguy

Novice Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

4/02/13 10:24:48 PM#92

I am not expecting free entertainement, just a F2P model that makes the game more playable. The thing is I would like to play through the remaining classes, but do not feel the $15 is worth it when 90% of the time I am playing through the same content within sidee quests, flashpoints etc. Then F2P is so restrictive, compared to other F2P/B2P MMOs that it make the game not fun to play after experienceing the full game with P2P, so it is frustrating, In the end can not play the game but want to, and so keep lingering over it, instead of playing it and moving on, as is the case with other MMOs. Hopefully they will do more double XP weekends as it helps a lot. Once I have played through all the class stories then I can say I am done with this game once and for all

akkedis86

Advanced Member

4/03/13 12:06:41 AM#93
Originally posted by Kyleran
If you enjoy the story, you could just pay the sub fee right?

If you're not a competative player, there's no need for a sub.

If it's just story content you're after.

BTW there's more hotbars available now than there where at launch, so I think ftp have them aswell, must just go into interface editor to modify.

Extended quickbars give you slots for 30 abilities+ 20 on the sides, and then you get a further 20 slots for sub,  which honestly is useless.

You level a bit slower, and gear is a bit harder to acquire, that's my main concern, but else they would have been leaking subs.

ignore_me

Apprentice Member

4/03/13 12:48:39 AM#94

Same for the defenders. Same weak sauce arguments over and over.

-Why do you complain instead of doing X activity?

-Game is what they said it would be.

-SWG is Dead.

-You don't need choices, you need a bedtime story.

etc.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search