Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,400 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,743
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

3/08/13 1:23:39 PM#21
Originally posted by BadOrb
Originally posted by Needs

That is the first thing I tried but in a group ( we are 3 ) it doesn't work it kicks the other members out but not me. I was still standing exactly where I was behind a locked door. 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Ah I think that's the problem.  When you are in a group, I think it treats you as linkdead if you logout.  You may have to disband and logout.   I think it may have cause some mobs to respawn too when you are in group in a solo mission.   I remember jumping into a green solo story zone to help out a group member and it respawns mobs and promptly got him killed. :p

That might sort it , when I logged it did throw out the other two members but not me. One of the worst bugs in the game is a specific two Jedi Knight party ( you can have other players in too ) , I think it's at the end of chapter 1 or chapter 2 space station mission and basically it will glitch at the end and say travel to tython and when you do it still says travel to tython. Then to actually get it too work you had to be in a certain place to reset the mission and do it over again. The other Jedi Knight's mission in the party usually works first time.

There has been others and I can't quite remeber what caused them or exactly how i corrected them , but it was something to do with members somehow getting stuck in different phases ( maybe aftr a dc ) and the phase had to be reset. Those ones where common up untill recently.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Just curious why you would group up for the class story missions. They're not that difficult. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

BadOrb

Advanced Member

3/08/13 1:32:24 PM#22
Originally posted by ktanner3
Originally posted by Needs

That is the first thing I tried but in a group ( we are 3 ) it doesn't work it kicks the other members out but not me. I was still standing exactly where I was behind a locked door. 

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Ah I think that's the problem.  When you are in a group, I think it treats you as linkdead if you logout.  You may have to disband and logout.   I think it may have cause some mobs to respawn too when you are in group in a solo mission.   I remember jumping into a green solo story zone to help out a group member and it respawns mobs and promptly got him killed. :p

That might sort it , when I logged it did throw out the other two members but not me. One of the worst bugs in the game is a specific two Jedi Knight party ( you can have other players in too ) , I think it's at the end of chapter 1 or chapter 2 space station mission and basically it will glitch at the end and say travel to tython and when you do it still says travel to tython. Then to actually get it too work you had to be in a certain place to reset the mission and do it over again. The other Jedi Knight's mission in the party usually works first time.

There has been others and I can't quite remeber what caused them or exactly how i corrected them , but it was something to do with members somehow getting stuck in different phases ( maybe aftr a dc ) and the phase had to be reset. Those ones where common up untill recently.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Just curious why you would group up for the class story missions. They're not that difficult. 

O some of my characters are in permanent groups , my JK being one of those such characters , just a couple of old PSO and PSU friends. Mind you we are on our last grouped characters now and both my other party memebers just run off in different directions lol , o well I will try to keep em on a leesh , it isn't easy though.

Also FYI playing in a party of 3 or more makes a lot of the quests in game a lot lot lot lot lot harder , maybe you should try it ? Really does test the team , especially ( like our first party of 3 's team ) if your team isn't balanced , 2 smugglers and me a commando , phew try that type of team out. Elite's and golds spawning every bleedin where , I ended up with not even enough credits to actually buy a few of the more expensive ability's.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

3/08/13 1:46:53 PM#23

O some of my characters are in permanent groups , my JK being one of those such characters , just a couple of old PSO and PSU friends. Mind you we are on our last grouped characters now and both my other party memebers just run off in different directions lol , o well I will try to keep em on a leesh , it isn't easy though.

Also FYI playing in a party of 3 or more makes a lot of the quests in game a lot lot lot lot lot harder , maybe you should try it ? Really does test the team , especially ( like our first party of 3 's team ) if your team isn't balanced , 2 smugglers and me a commando , phew try that type of team out. Elite's and golds spawning every bleedin where , I ended up with not even enough credits to actually buy a few of the more expensive ability's.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I like grouping for the heroics but that's about it. I've tried grouping for the standard quests and 9 times out of 10 it ends with me wishing I had never bothered. I like going at my own pace and most of these kids just want to rush through everything. They want to skip mobs and spacebar through the cutscenes like they are literally running some kind of marathon. I'll help a guildie out every now and then but that;'s the extent of my grouping these days with the exception of Heroics and Warzones. 

Ppiper

Hard Core Member

3/08/13 1:51:13 PM#24

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I like grouping for the heroics but that's about it. I've tried grouping for the standard quests and 9 times out of 10 it ends with me wishing I had never bothered. I like going at my own pace and most of these kids just want to rush through everything. They want to skip mobs and spacebar through the cutscenes like they are literally running some kind of marathon. I'll help a guildie out every now and then but that;'s the extent of my grouping these days with the exception of Heroics and Warzones. 

I'm not sure if he plays Sentinel but if he does, some of the class quests were very hard solol. I stopped at 42 as the class seems gimped. I have two level 50's but this one I absolutely despise. BTW: Is that Jim Croce in your AV?

simplius

Novice Member

3/09/13 3:22:29 PM#25

here is how storylines work in swtor:

i enter the mission, and find the bug

after the first wipe, i search the forums for a workaround

if i find one, i can continue progression

if not,,im stuck with that character

does that sound like a good product? will it make the paying customers happy?

will it make BW the richest devs on earth?

of course not,, they had to drop most of the team

challenges of that kind belongs in endgame, for end game shinies

try to get a casual to do the same for a 2 min cutscene, and he will go to another game

and thats just , what they did

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

3/10/13 1:04:17 AM#26
Originally posted by Ppiper

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I'm not sure if he plays Sentinel but if he does, some of the class quests were very hard solol. I stopped at 42 as the class seems gimped. I have two level 50's but this one I absolutely despise. BTW: Is that Jim Croce in your AV?

Yep, that's Jim Croce. 

I'm in the 30s with the Jedi Knight and haven't noticed anything yet. Perhaps I hit the problems at the higher levels. I know that in level 50 PVP it seems to be a pretty popular class. 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search