Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,806 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,145
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » Questions & Answers » Returning player Question about Preferred Status

8 posts found
  Zachrich

Novice Member

OP  3/05/13 10:48:18 AM#1

Hello Newbie here,

Anyway I  was wondering if anyone could help shed some light.

Like many people I am sure I was an ex subscripber to swtor and have recently come back to try out the F2p Model..I am umming and arring as to whether get a short sub again and maybe some unlocks or purchase some cartel coins but anyway I digress

My Main issue is I had a 8 characters which only 6 of which are usable at the minute which is fine. However I had all sorst of crafting with each character 

But my two slicing characters since my return basically if I was to send off on lock box missions (rich level 5 and abundant level 6) pretty much break even.

I never ever get any mission discoveries anymore. Ever

With no access to the forum and no ability to ask CS (great job bioware on that by the way :-s), I cannot seem to find out an answer. I cannot see anything to suggest that it has been restricted but I cannot imagine my luck has just gone horribly this bad.

Any help would be appreictaed!

EnzoBautista

Novice Member

Waiting for: World of Darkness

Playing: SWTOR & Planetside 2

3/05/13 10:51:17 AM#2
I'm not sure If I'm reading this correctly, but what is your question exactly?
  insaner666

Novice Member

3/05/13 10:52:39 AM#3

My guesses are:

Bioware is Hitler

F2P - Jews

Preferred Status - Japan

Xerenix

Tipster

3/05/13 10:56:09 AM#4
Originally posted by Zachrich

But my two slicing characters since my return basically if I was to send off on lock box missions (rich level 5 and abundant level 6) pretty much break even.

There is your problem. In my experience, Augment parts have a bigger chance of you getting mission discoveries than lockboxes.

Zachrich

Novice Member

OP  3/05/13 10:56:54 AM#5

Sorry I way overcomplicated the question

Basically I have rejoined swtor. My character is preferred status fine fair enough

But my crew skill was slicing, if i send companions off on missions I never get any criticals ever anymore.. I cannot find anything saying that is official but I am almost certain that is the case.

I know its a gathering skill ect but the lockboxes either break even or sometimes make a loss without the odd critical (where you get a mission discovery)

Zachrich

Novice Member

OP  3/05/13 10:59:13 AM#6
Originally posted by Xerenix

There is your problem. In my experience, Augment parts have a bigger chance of you getting mission discoveries than lockboxes.

Hmm thanks I will certainly look into that..

Must have been a while since I played (august) when I was subbed teh augments were almost useless , never sold and I never remember getting missions on them.. 

Will give it a whirl anyway!

Thanks again

Needs

Apprentice Member

3/06/13 3:18:17 PM#7
I only joined after FTP started and I have preferred status.  My slicer is at about 300 skill and I only do lockbox missions.  I don't remember ever getting any mission discovery.  And yes, the money from lockbox mission is just above break even.  If the mission cost 900 credit, I will probably get back about 1000 to 1200.
  AG-Vuk

Hard Core Member

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Oh, I see it's too late to help you.

3/06/13 3:43:01 PM#8

Sorry I way overcomplicated the question

Basically I have rejoined swtor. My character is preferred status fine fair enough

But my crew skill was slicing, if i send companions off on missions I never get any criticals ever anymore.. I cannot find anything saying that is official but I am almost certain that is the case.

I know its a gathering skill ect but the lockboxes either break even or sometimes make a loss without the odd critical (where you get a mission discovery)

Slicing was for lack of a better term nerfed.  Not really sure if it was while you were still in game or  after. With that said . Crits depend more on the crew skills and the missions chosen. Augments sell pretty well. As do companion gifts. The boxes are hardly ever under what you spend on the mission , but they are nowhere near what they use to be. Best thing to do is look at your companions figure out what other profession fit and go from there. With 2.0 and companions level increases coming gifts should be good as will crafting mod, enhancements and armoring. A whole new set of crafting mats will be needed so keep that in mind now. The best armor availible will be only granted to those who raid and can RE .