Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,304 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,718
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » EA Swtor subscription Tax solved

1 posts found
  baddog66

Apprentice Member

OP  2/07/13 1:02:58 PM#1

So I was irrate that swtor was teh only game EVER that taxed me--only my experience--- not wow, rift,crytic games aion etc  etc

and it just got my nerve. Now the answer I never thought of is that---- Swtor and EA based on their game publishing background listed subscriptions as DLC-- Downloaded content which isn't what other games label subscriptions as.

DLC yes is always taxed but subscription access is not highly taxed.  Thus the result  is irrated and confused customers---Not tax dodgers but would like to be charged correctly consumers..

I just wanted to understand why SWTOR was the only game EVER to charge me at my longtime address of 20 years 

14.99 plus tax--- my family was subbed to rift,wow,and city of heroes at the same time that is why it kind of hit a nerve

Cheers

VOTE  monthly subscriptions are NOT DLC---

Doubly so as swtor was hardly the fastest releaser of content updates on top of that

GRIND DOES NOT EQUAL MAKING A GAME CHALLENGING!! YES I AM YELLING LOL