Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,561 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,271
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » Playing again and having fun!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
60 posts found
  Draron

Novice Member

1/27/13 12:41:15 AM#41
Originally posted by Ginaz
Originally posted by Aerowyn
wish I could enjoy this game... tried coming back 3 times.. tried playing like it was just a single player game.. tried everything.. i just can't find a way to force myself to enjoy it... why try and force myself? it's STAR WARS obviously.. i'm as big of a star wars fanboy as they come which makes not being able to find any enjoyment from it even more depressing...:(

Funny, that was my experience with GW2.

Same here. I bought GW2 after holding off for a month for the general concensus which was still positive at the time. I regret the purchase everytime I try to play it (it seems I'm reinstalling every couple of weeks only to get a level and uninstall all over again). Even with all it's new features I prefer GW1 over 2, but I'm afraid it may be shut down sooner rather than later.

It's good to see a lot of people are coming back and enjoying themselves in this thread, though. A nice change of tone from the usual forum posts here.

simplius

Apprentice Member

1/27/13 1:52:55 AM#42
Originally posted by superniceguy
Originally posted by Elevenb4
Since F2P started, yes there are so many people on every planet. We have over 40 new people in my guild. At least 20 of them never played because all the bad posts people put. They all said they wish they would've started earlier not listened to the haters.

The game is good for a few months, and even at the start it was all postive with review scores at 8-9.5 / 10, but then after people played it for a few months that is when all the negativity started, as the game is a MMO and not a single player game.  If the game was a good MMO people would not have quit, which resulted in it going F2P

I bet a lot of people were really just waiting for F2P as opposed to "listening to the haters", and the constant drops in population (1.7 million to 1.3 million to [500k to 1 million] subs by EA) spoke louder than any negativity from "haters" and if so then those comments are being taken too seriously.

If the subs went up instead, I bet they would have played sooner.

If they started playing at F2P, then they will probably quit too in a few months, although If they are playing the game for free, then may play it longer, as costing nothing to play, and the restrictions slow down progression, but it still does not get the revenue that EA needs.

After playing Dragon Age again, it plays the same as SWTOR but without a monthly fee. Both DA and SWTOR are good, but DA wins as does not have a monthly fee, nor is restricited in any way, or better yet just play KOTOR.

If each class had their own side quests, then it would have been better, but once you have done two chars cobvering both factions, then a 3rd char is replaying 90% of the same content, and when you have to pay for it, it makes the sub fee too much, so hooray for F2P, where you can level up new toons in your own time, without feeling you are paying to play the same content.

yup  too restrictive , not enough choices

being F2P a year after launch,,(even faster than STO),and on HEAVY cartel support,,this is not a healthy game

the best part was companions,,i hope other games introduce those as well

imagine combining companion system with STO bridge officer system?

getting daily missions and reputation from companions? the possibilities are endless

Azaron_Nightblade

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 8:16:10 AM#43

I like how each time that I play I see people in chat asking about the subscriptions, and deciding they are going to get one (or people mentioning how they just got one).

The game is definitely doing well now that the initial "barrier" of having to spend money to get the game, and the thought of spending even more money on a subscription is no longer an issue.

People try it, fall in love with it, and subscribe - and if they ever lose interest, they know that they can still pop in from time to time without having to pay again.

I also like how all the Cartel stuff can be sold/traded in game - something I always thought GW2 and the Perfect World games did very well too.

Here's to hoping that Bioware's revenue matches my impressions and that they are finally making good money!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

TeknoBug

Novice Member

1/28/13 8:39:28 AM#44

Originally posted by Draron
Same here. I bought GW2 after holding off for a month for the general concensus which was still positive at the time. I regret the purchase everytime I try to play it (it seems I'm reinstalling every couple of weeks only to get a level and uninstall all over again). Even with all it's new features I prefer GW1 over 2, but I'm afraid it may be shut down sooner rather than later.

It's good to see a lot of people are coming back and enjoying themselves in this thread, though. A nice change of tone from the usual forum posts here.

Did you just say GW2 may shut down sooner or later? It's a very healthy game, I haven't played games much in the past couple months due to being busy and being off location (not at home) but I'd still be playing it and when I do log in I get kicked to overflow often. And GW2 is becoming NCSoft's staple game.

Azaron_Nightblade

Apprentice Member

1/28/13 8:52:46 AM#45
Originally posted by TeknoBug

Did you just say GW2 may shut down sooner or later? It's a very healthy game, I haven't played games much in the past couple months due to being busy and being off location (not at home) but I'd still be playing it and when I do log in I get kicked to overflow often. And GW2 is becoming NCSoft's staple game.

I believe he was refering to GW1.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/28/13 9:29:48 AM#46
wish I could enjoy this game... tried coming back 3 times.. tried playing like it was just a single player game.. tried everything.. i just can't find a way to force myself to enjoy it... why try and force myself? it's STAR WARS obviously.. i'm as big of a star wars fanboy as they come which makes not being able to find any enjoyment from it even more depressing...:(

From what I've seen GW2 seems to have stabilized in their population so I don't think they will be shutting down. But I must admit to having a small bit of satisfaction every time I read posts like this because so many of their fanatics used to troll many of the forums on this site with their smack talk. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

tiefighter25

Novice Member

1/28/13 9:58:50 AM#47
Originally posted by ktanner3

From what I've seen GW2 seems to have stabilized in their population so I don't think they will be shutting down. But I must admit to having a small bit of satisfaction every time I read posts like this because so many of their fanatics used to troll many of the forums on this site with their smack talk. 

I'm guessing the irony of your shut down statement in light that a big SWTOR fan let his monthly sub lapse because he bought a B2P monetization model game is lost on you.

catlana

Novice Member

Playing GW2, ToR, PoE
Played AoC, Aion, DDO, EQ2, CoH, Rift, TERA, WAR, WoW

1/28/13 11:53:43 AM#48
Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

I like how each time that I play I see people in chat asking about the subscriptions, and deciding they are going to get one (or people mentioning how they just got one).

The game is definitely doing well now that the initial "barrier" of having to spend money to get the game, and the thought of spending even more money on a subscription is no longer an issue.

People try it, fall in love with it, and subscribe - and if they ever lose interest, they know that they can still pop in from time to time without having to pay again.

I also like how all the Cartel stuff can be sold/traded in game - something I always thought GW2 and the Perfect World games did very well too.

Here's to hoping that Bioware's revenue matches my impressions and that they are finally making good money!

Yeah, I wish them well on the game as well. I am past needing the "perfect" game. I am simply enjoying playing the game warts and all. My Imperial agent has been a lot of fun.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/28/13 4:11:11 PM#49
Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

Here's to hoping that the good money is invested wisely in the game. 

superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

1/29/13 7:57:15 AM#50
Originally posted by pioneer08
Originally posted by keithian
Originally posted by Elevenb4
Since F2P started, yes there are so many people on every planet. We have over 40 new people in my guild. At least 20 of them never played because all the bad posts people put. They all said they wish they would've started earlier not listened to the haters.

The game is good for a few months, and even at the start it was all postive with review scores at 8-9.5 / 10, but then after people played it for a few months that is when all the negativity started, as the game is a MMO and not a single player game.  If the game was a good MMO people would not have quit, which resulted in it going F2P

I bet a lot of people were really just waiting for F2P as opposed to "listening to the haters", and the constant drops in population (1.7 million to 1.3 million to [500k to 1 million] subs by EA) spoke louder than any negativity from "haters" and if so then those comments are being taken too seriously.

If the subs went up instead, I bet they would have played sooner.

If they started playing at F2P, then they will probably quit too in a few months, although If they are playing the game for free, then may play it longer, as costing nothing to play, and the restrictions slow down progression, but it still does not get the revenue that EA needs.

After playing Dragon Age again, it plays the same as SWTOR but without a monthly fee. Both DA and SWTOR are good, but DA wins as does not have a monthly fee, nor is restricited in any way, or better yet just play KOTOR.

If each class had their own side quests, then it would have been better, but once you have done two chars cobvering both factions, then a 3rd char is replaying 90% of the same content, and when you have to pay for it, it makes the sub fee too much, so hooray for F2P, where you can level up new toons in your own time, without feeling you are paying to play the same content.

Even if you like Dragon Age better which is a legitimate opinion, its like comparing apples to oranges. The games are barely  alike. Does anyone have any clue what this guy is talking about? 

SWG and SWTOR is like comparing apples to oranges, but SWTOR and Dragon Age is like comparing Red Apples with Green Apples. SWG IS CLOSED ITS DEAD MOVE ON!!

SWTOR is the same game as Dragon Age, but SWTOR is a star wars sci-fi setting, and Dragon Age is fantasy. They both have story and dialogue choices, and companions.

Mass Effect is the same, and even closer as it is sci-fi based and the ship travel system is very similar too

I only said that DA / Mass Effect is better than SWTOR as it has a monthly fee or restricted F2P. If you take away the monthly fee or do not care about it, then all games are similar. SWTOR is bigger but its content is mostly copied and pasted whereas everything in ME and DA is all unique.  What is copied and pasted?  Im sorry you really should give some examples of your bogus statements.  DA/ME dont have OPS, Flashpoints, World Bosses that take 8+players, GTN (thats an auction hall for you since you dont play SWTOR), datacron hunting that some take more than one player to get.  I have told you multiple times why SWTOR is an MMO but you dont listen and just copy/paste your same garbage. 

SWTOR is not like any other MMO at all, and the quests you do are set to your own class, whereas in other MMOs, you can do practically every quest in the game. In LOTRO as a hobbit I could do quests on the elves side, plus the worlds are more explorable. SWTOR plays like Biowares single player games, and not worthy of a monthly fee, especially after a few months. First your main complaint about the Expansion (look at your history) was its not continueing the class story line.  Now SWTOR is not an mmo because each class has its own class story line?  Make up your mind.  And just an fyi anyone can help others in their class story, can you do that in Mass Effect or Dragon age?  Nope you cant.    

Oh for the love of god dude just stop with the hate towards SWTOR.  The game is fun a ton of people are enjoying it as an MMO and a very good MMO!! 

None of what I posted is hate, it just my opinion / view of the game, which seems to be shared by others too.  Also the "move on" comment about SWG seems unwarranted, and knee jerk response to the fact I mentioned SWG, which was a mistake the 2nd time, as I meant to have said SWTOR, which is now amemded, and it was only to say that SWG was a completely different game, it was not like WOW, LOTRO, EQ2, Rift, and all the rest. Its player housing, crafting, space made it unique. It will always be different, unless another MMO comes along and is the same but better, it being dead is not going to change that. All MMOs lately seem to be getting less and less features, whereas single player games get more and more.

For the last time, I never said it would be dead in a month, and I do not think any one has. If I did please find it and link it.

Plus I do play the game  (I did not from Nov 15th - Jan because they did not allow us to create more than 2 chars total, now we can create up to 6 chars per server) but very casually under F2P, and you are including me amongst the "ton of people enjoying it" 

DA/ME does not have OPS, Flashpoints etc as it a single player game, but ME3 does have a multiplayer mode, which is separate from the main story. These things interested me last year, but I can not be bothered with them any more, nor did others as if it was just me then the game would still have 2 million subs or more and not gone F2P, and the weekly passes do not encourage me to bother. If they offererd a one time unlock then maybe but as a weekly pass I have no intentions of buying it even once.  Even if I end up being interested in it I still will not buy a weekly pass, in case something crops up in real life that I do not have time to play them, and then it ends up being a waste of money. So due to the restrictions of F2P, I have completely written off the ops, flashpoints etc

All I am interested in SWTOR is the main story and getting at least 8 chars through each class story, and then if I can be bothered do another 8 of the opposite advanced class, and then do another 16 for opposite gender. Then once tha is all done, then there is not much of a game left to do. So in effect SWTOR is very much like DA/ME, as I am still playing through each class on that too, but it does not get the restrictions nor cost the sub fee

I never changed my mind on class stories. SWTOR has 10% class story and 90% side mission stories that is shared by all classes. In other MMOs they can have 100% class/race missions, and you can still do other class/race missions if you want to. Makeb from what EA seem to be saying is that it will contain 100% side mission stories and 0% class stories.

I may sub one more time  just to get the expansion at half price, and then use the month to blast through some of those ops and stuff

If they added in some other features, like a flashpoint / ops creator for players to create them for other players, that would make me sub to the game. Or if they added in the ability to run a shop from your ship or wherever, as even Phantasy Star Universe did this.

None of the cartel market entices me to sub or get involved in SWTOR as much as I did with SWG. Logging in to buy stuff from the store is not much fun. If they put a quest or two on the store to play which gets you that recently added Pod Racer, for example, I would pay for that, play the quest, and get the reward, because that would be fun.

The other reason I am not giving SWTOR more of a chance, is because I am fed up of getting involved in MMOs and then they shut down, within 1 year (Dec 2011-Dec2012), I lost SWG, Everquest Online Adventures, Phantasy Star Uniiiverse, and City of Heroes. Then you have EA saying that they need 500k subs which is like $7.5 million now with F2P to break even, implying that if they do not get that then it will at least just stay active in maintenance mode, which it seems to be at the moment as they do not seem to be working on any new content, and the only content that is being pt in was done before the game was launched, and they are just spoon feeding in the content at a slow pace. Sorry but I am not gooing tp pour loads of time and money into a MMO that looks more likely to shut down than any of those MMOs that did shut down which even had content coming, all mainly due due to EAs negative feedback and actions. There may be tonnes of people playing but are they getting EA $7.5 million per month that they need to break even? No financial reports (the last report did not admit anything) = does not look like it. If they do, which is soon, then I will play SWTOR more. If EA did not say "that its current performance was not good enough", and they needed $7.5 million per month, and Makeb was in by now, with a tonne of new content outlined for 2013 then I probably would not be thinking game would shut down. Even with those other games that shut down they had positive spin,and content coming and still being developed on, but SWTOR has been getting nothing but negativity even from EA themselves and slow / spread out content releases. Companies shutting down MMOs, makes you lose interest in any MMO, and SWTOR is far from healthy only because they keep saying that it needs $7.5 million per month, whereas other MMOs do not need that much.

Persoanlly SWTOR is a better game for me than WOW, as WOW is short of features too, but overall WOW is not better than SWTOR as it still has millions of subs,  not gone F2P, and still has hundreds of non-instanced servers.

If SWTOR does shut down by the end of the year, and you spend loads in the Cartel store or in subs, would you feel cheated or money worth spent for enjoyment at the time? If it is the latter then fair enough, but after so many shut downs, I am not willing to take the risk again, and I would feel super cheated. SWTOR is good for me in F2P and not spending much, if anything at all. Story 1-50 for free FTW!

I hope that clears things up, and I would appreciate not being attacked again. I will talk about SWTOR, but your posts make it difficult to respond to you and talk about the game without it getting into non-constructive arguments. If you want to comment on anything I have said and "correct" me then fine, but less of the personal criticism will be most appreciated, but if you do, then I will ignore you. Just remember that we all have different opinions, and that what is posted is mostly opinions / view points and not facts. eg Ops, flashpoints etc are mostly omitted by me due F2P restrictions, so you can add to my comments about these things, but do not say I do not play the game just because I do not play those things.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/29/13 9:10:58 AM#51

The other reason I am not giving SWTOR more of a chance, is because I am fed up of getting involved in MMOs and then they shut down, within 1 year (Dec 2011-Dec2012), I lost SWG, Everquest Online Adventures, Phantasy Star Uniiiverse, and City of Heroes.....

I'm sorry, but every MMO is going to shut down at some point. No matter how good you think the game is, other players eventually get tired of it and move on. Companies then have to decide whether or not it's worth the time and money to keep the game running.  In those above cases, the companies decided they were not. Every MMO will shut down at some point, it's only a question of when. 

superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

1/29/13 10:09:21 AM#52

The other reason I am not giving SWTOR more of a chance, is because I am fed up of getting involved in MMOs and then they shut down, within 1 year (Dec 2011-Dec2012), I lost SWG, Everquest Online Adventures, Phantasy Star Uniiiverse, and City of Heroes.....

I'm sorry, but every MMO is going to shut down at some point. No matter how good you think the game is, other players eventually get tired of it and move on. Companies then have to decide whether or not it's worth the time and money to keep the game running.  In those above cases, the companies decided they were not. Every MMO will shut down at some point, it's only a question of when. 

Very True, but SWTOR is not exactly getting much positive reports lately to squash those fears.

SWG and COH both had content still being developed, and both shut down unexpectingly. Also LA and SOE said that SWG would be safe until SWTOR releases, as they saw a market for both MMOs, as were different enough. They could not say about the future of SWG after that, as they said they did not have a crystal ball and possibly expected SWG to suffer with the release of SWTOR. CoH even caused a stir, as it was apparently still profitable, and caused Nc Softs revenue to decline because of that poor decision - Korean times could not understand it.  If COH can shut down and was profitable and if SWTOR is not being profitable as they need $7.5 million per month to break even, then there is not much hope for SWTOR is there? Which is my main point there, if EA start releasing figures and proclaiming it is profitable like they were clearly stating sub numbers before then it will be more safe, but they have not been lately.

Even positive statements can not be truly believed, as what was said by LA about SWG which I said above did not hold true, and that is one thing but EA actually admiting that SWTORs performance is "not good enough" is something else.

SWG and COH had positive performance repots  but still got chopped early, so does that mean that with EA giving negative performance reports that SWTOR will last for years?

Even STO could be shut down half way through this year, and SWTOR lives for 10 years (if that is the length of the licence), but with STO getting more devs and Season 8 and 9 planned for the rest of the year, with Season 6 and Season 7 plus other events and updates added and in game since about June 2012 when Makeb was mentioned for SWTOR,  it is progressing faster than SWTOR is right now, so from the looks of things STO will outlive SWTOR, but looks are always deceiving.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/29/13 10:25:18 AM#53
Originally posted by superniceguY

Very True, but SWTOR is not exactly getting much positive reports lately to squash those fears.

SWG and COH both had content still being developed, and both shut down unexpectingly. 

TOR has the PVP event on Ilum and the Makeb expansion both coming in the next few months. Most developers are always going to try and keep more content coming in, that's never an indication of anything. Honestly, after the SWG 2005 experience, I just play these MMOs under the assumption that they are just games that could be revamped or shut down at any time.  But if you are looking for warning signs, a game that goes from sub base to FTP is usually a good indication that the game could be on the way out. 

superniceguy

Elite Member

1/29/13 11:00:57 AM#54

SWG and COH both had content still being developed, and both shut down unexpectingly. 

TOR has the PVP event on Ilum and the Makeb expansion both coming in the next few months. Most developers are always going to try and keep more content coming in, that's never an indication of anything. Honestly, after the SWG 2005 experience, I just play these MMOs under the assumption that they are just games that could be revamped or shut down at any time.  But if you are looking for warning signs, a game that goes from sub base to FTP is usually a good indication that the game could be on the way out. 

Yep.  it went from sub base to FTP too - Too many warning signs

Like I said Makeb was announced in June 2012. Since June 2012, STO has had Season 6 and Season 7, with Season 8 coming about the time of Makeb, plus it has had other updates and events too.

We will know within the week or so if it is being profitable. The good news will get plastered all over these forums. It was 1st Feb 2012 when they announced 1.7 million subs

Ilum should have been in at the start

EA/BW have stated in June 2012  that Makeb is coming whether game is a failure or a success, as was already planned "much earlier".

Ohlen mentioned that while dwindling populations was definitely a concern and top priority for them, it doesn’t change how they plan content and design the game for future updates. I asked him if the recent announcement of subscription levels dropping from the 1.7 million they were back in March to 1.3 million at the end of May affected any design changes in the future.

“Not really, all of our plans this year we already had locked in. Well not locked in, but we did most of our strategy early on in the year because content takes a long time to produce. So, Makeb was something we planned much earlier and we had to go through all the writing and then voice work. So, we’re still a very successful MMO, we have a million plus subscribers. That’s more than anybody else out there except for one, so we’re doing well, and we want to continue to support all those fans.”

So the fact it is coming and Spring / June = not good. Had it all been in already with more stuff coming = good

Makeb and Ilum is like Atmospheric Flight for SWG.  Content already written but not yet put in. SWG was going to have Chronicles 2 which was not fully written or developed and just canned and servers were planned for merging in 2012, down to no less than four.

simplius

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 1:30:19 AM#55

Yep.  it went from sub base to FTP too - Too many warning signs

Like I said Makeb was announced in June 2012. Since June 2012, STO has had Season 6 and Season 7, with Season 8 coming about the time of Makeb, plus it has had other updates and events too.

We will know within the week or so if it is being profitable. The good news will get plastered all over these forums. It was 1st Feb 2012 when they announced 1.7 million subs

Ilum should have been in at the start

EA/BW have stated in June 2012  that Makeb is coming whether game is a failure or a success, as was already planned "much earlier".

Ohlen mentioned that while dwindling populations was definitely a concern and top priority for them, it doesn’t change how they plan content and design the game for future updates. I asked him if the recent announcement of subscription levels dropping from the 1.7 million they were back in March to 1.3 million at the end of May affected any design changes in the future.

“Not really, all of our plans this year we already had locked in. Well not locked in, but we did most of our strategy early on in the year because content takes a long time to produce. So, Makeb was something we planned much earlier and we had to go through all the writing and then voice work. So, we’re still a very successful MMO, we have a million plus subscribers. That’s more than anybody else out there except for one, so we’re doing well, and we want to continue to support all those fans.”

So the fact it is coming and Spring / June = not good. Had it all been in already with more stuff coming = good

Makeb and Ilum is like Atmospheric Flight for SWG.  Content already written but not yet put in. SWG was going to have Chronicles 2 which was not fully written or developed and just canned and servers were planned for merging in 2012, down to no less than four.

yes makeb was planned even before launch,,that only makes sense if u know how long it takes to make content

and it also proves that the planet poll was a ruse,,why ask for requests, when content is already in the pipe?

same deal with species poll,,how many had even heard of cathar before?but perhaps they got inspired by

caitians from STO

Azaron_Nightblade

Apprentice Member

1/30/13 2:53:21 AM#56
Originally posted by simplius

same deal with species poll,,how many had even heard of cathar before?

How about everyone that ever played the original KOTOR (Knights of the Old Republic)? 

FromHell

Novice Member

1/30/13 3:47:40 AM#57

I still don´t get how it is "fun" to level with an alt through exactly the same static planets in the same order.

Only to watch dialogue cutscenes which are available at Youtube?

And now they are so smart and raise the level cap, instead of creating at least 2-3 alternative 1-50 leveling planets.

Heck, every planet should have been 1-50, if they had smart game designers.

This game is an epic contradiction, the most alt encouraging game (legacy) with the least alt friendly game environment.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

baphamet

Elite Member

1/30/13 11:23:12 AM#58

Originally posted by funcon

Originally posted by pioneer08

Originally posted by funcon OP is probably a Bioware dev trying to get people to play SWTOR.
Oh the sad fate of posters like this.  SWTOR is healthy and a ton of fun right now.  I myself have been having a blast since coming back around f2p lauch.  The servers have been full on most night, everyone looking for groups and chatting away and its on every level of the game.  I recently got my bh up to 50 and the entire way every planet had multiple instance, people all over grouping up, just lots of fun and tons of excitement that some on these posters cant comprehend.    Last night 5 of us from my guild decided to pug some sm ops (thats a raid for those who dont play and waste time bashing a video game they dont play).  So we started in fleet trying to get some people after one request we had our full group for our 1st sm run, it was EV.  Cleared that some had to leave, so we put out a request for a couple more agian only had to ask once, went in and ran EC.  This group decided to stick together and we then ran EC HM.  It was an awesome time probably one of the better nights I have had in MMO and I have been playing MMOS for over 6 yrs.    Alot of the same posters said the game would die a month after f2p, well I can tell you they were dead wrong (not surprised).  With the next update around the corner and then the 1st expansion a few months away I would hope posters like this will start to give up on their failed attempts to bash a game they dont play. 
I waited for SWTOR since 2008. I played the first few months then quit. Came back a few months later, then quit. Came back for f2p, then quit.  All you do is stay on the fleet all day queing for wz's. It isnt that fun. And to many loading screens for my taste. MMOs are supposed to be seamless huge worlds.

if you chose to just sit on the fleet and queue WZ's, i can see why you quit.

in my opinion this game isn't the game to just play one character, especially if you just like to pvp.

its also not the game to play "hardcore" 8 hours + per day.

but for a casual player its petty fun, especially if you like playing alts and seeing all the stories while enjoying all the different play styles.

baphamet

Elite Member

1/30/13 11:29:48 AM#59

Originally posted by FromHell
I still don´t get how it is "fun" to level with an alt through exactly the same static planets in the same order.

Only to watch dialogue cutscenes which are available at Youtube?

And now they are so smart and raise the level cap, instead of creating at least 2-3 alternative 1-50 leveling planets.

Heck, every planet should have been 1-50, if they had smart game designers.

This game is an epic contradiction, the most alt encouraging game (legacy) with the least alt friendly game environment.

you don't have to do all the world quests every time, there are other means to level up.

depending on what you like to do, you can get the perks and get more experience for doing it.

me personally, i get the WZ experience perks and do a lot of WZ's to level up.

its fun for me because the play styles (the characters i have at least) are all mostly different and i find that the 10-49 bracket is more fun than the level 50 bracket, especially if you don't like to do pre-mades.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/30/13 1:04:46 PM#60
Originally posted by baphamet

you don't have to do all the world quests every time, there are other means to level up.

depending on what you like to do, you can get the perks and get more experience for doing it.

me personally, i get the WZ experience perks and do a lot of WZ's to level up.

its fun for me because the play styles (the characters i have at least) are all mostly different and i find that the 10-49 bracket is more fun than the level 50 bracket, especially if you don't like to do pre-mades.

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of posters who don't know crap about the game posting their ignorance as  fact. There are MANY ways to level in this game. I have leveled  three characters to 50 and the only thing similiar to their leveling experience was the class story. Everything else was either planetary quests, side quests, flashpoints, heroics or warzones. My first character did every quest in the game and the other two didn't touch a single side quest. One didn't even bother with planetary quests, just did class quests and filled out the rest with warzones and flashpoints. 

A lot of games don't give you this many options to level. It's questing,questing and more questing. Yeah, some might give you more alternate quests to level, but you're still stuck questing. 

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search