Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,593 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,087
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars: The Old Republic Forum » General Discussion » So, you wanna enjoy swtor? read on padawan..

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
38 posts found
  Wicoa

Novice Member

1/22/13 8:18:03 AM#21
lol just reads like gibberish to me :P. you insult other games just because this one has glow sticks, well you do know epic gear in those other games, does glow too!
  Bombzaway

Novice Member

1/22/13 8:34:28 AM#22

Tl:DR Brainwashed by wife with sex now thinks Swotr is great game.

http://www.furians.it/firme/signature.php

dinams

Novice Member

1/22/13 8:40:36 AM#23

Jesus christ

I must worship  your Wife if she can put up with this every day of her life

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Whiskey_Sam

Advanced Member

Nemo me impune lacessit.

1/22/13 9:26:21 AM#24
Read between the lines, and you'll see just how plowed he had to get to enjoy SWTOR.

Tigasnake

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 9:40:10 AM#25
I stopped reading when he said Inquisitors had the best story.  As a long time Sorc, the only enjoyment out of the story was the ending.  It's the only memorable moment of their whole storyline.
  Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 9:42:18 AM#26
Hilarious. Even moreso if serious.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Demmi77

Novice Member

OP  1/22/13 10:02:14 AM#27

so now that my wife and have the worst headaches ever. I have to admit i don't even remember writing this now.

i think it was e.e cummings that said "write drunk revise sober, or write sober and revise drunk". Don't think i'll revise this as im trying to figure out what i was saying.

I think the general point i was getting across is that for the past 10 years or so of mmo gaming. i've always rushed to the end. I have no clue what the story of WoW is and was. Guild wars, aoc, tsw, etc..

I changed my mentality to play differently and am thoroughly enjoying swtor. I am going to revisit guild wars 2, tsw and many more games. My wife enjoys just about every mmo even the ones i considered garbage. So as we were getting plowed on some very nice imported wine, she was telling me that i shouldn't try to rush and just enjoy it.

I am like this in my personal life as well. When we go shopping i want to get in and get out. She stops smells the candles, gets samples of food , looks at things etc.. I have always been a rusher in everything, so this is more of a personal achievement than a flame or persuasion. If you have my personality type , this thread (if you can translate it) may give you some insight.

-demmi

LoverNoFighter

Novice Member

SWG pre cu > all

1/22/13 10:16:38 AM#28

Teras Kasi Master/Master Fencer = more fun.

Playing it right now in another game on a server far, far away.

User Deleted
1/22/13 10:41:28 AM#29

You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. I seriously just had this image in my mind of you holding a shot the ENTIRE time you were writing, picking it up occasionally to take it, and having to set it down again to write something else, only to remember that you have a shot waiting. xD

That said, I'm in the process of downloading this right now, played the Beta and just couldn't get into it. Gonna give it another go now that it's Free-2-Play and see how it fits. ^_^

Well done, and seriously man... keep drinking and writing. It totally works for you.

DashiDMV

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 12:07:42 PM#30
Originally posted by tiefighter25
I'm contacting the Vatican. Your wife is obviously a saint.

His wife must be SevenStar61

rmk70

Novice Member

1/22/13 12:14:28 PM#31
Originally posted by tiefighter25
I'm contacting the Vatican. Your wife is obviously a saint.

Seriously.... I like the part when he said "now back to normal talk".... 

For those who actually wanted to know how to enjoy SWTOR: treat it as a great RPG single player game with some multiplayer functionality. You'll enjoy it a lot more. 

nukempro

Novice Member

1/22/13 12:22:11 PM#32
If you want to get fingerbanged by EA corporate that is your business. Enjoy your p2w piece of garbage.
  Rattus

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 12:33:59 PM#33

So many gems in that OP.

Personal favorite being his take on getting "wet" in PvP

..."Run around like you have an extra chromosone and just enjoy it."

Rattus

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 12:36:35 PM#34

Seriously.... I like the part when he said "now back to normal talk".... 

And i'm still trying to find the normal talk!

simplius

Novice Member

1/23/13 2:23:53 AM#35
Originally posted by nukempro
If you want to get fingerbanged by EA corporate that is your business. Enjoy your p2w piece of garbage.
very few people can stand this game for more than a couple of weeks
but they didnt improve the product,,they just lowered the price
even with this new and VERY favorable price,,theyre still in the same place
yes F2P brought new players
we can read all the complaints about them on swtor forums
when a game goes F2P, the community will take a turn for the worse
  MuratReis

Novice Member

1/23/13 8:43:33 AM#36
Good read : better than 99% of the posts I come across.
  Tigasnake

Apprentice Member

1/23/13 9:44:14 AM#37

Since this guy was drunk, it's best to take his words with a grain of salt.  However, I agree with him.  His insight on one thing about how others check sites to see the best crew skill.  That's no way to play.  Look at a crewskill, choose it, and level it.  BAM, you chose something you wanted to do, not what everyone else chose.  I agree with that completely.  I chose Cybertech because I wanted to make droid and ship parts, not because Companion A has +10 to this and Companion B has +5 to that.  I'm sure those stats are nice to have, but they shouldn't force you to choose a certain combination.  

I came back to the game recently and I'm having a blast leveling.  Granted, I set rules for myself.  I'm not doing a single Side-Quest.  NOT ONE.  What killed leveling for me at launch was helping Wounded Imperial Officer 1 and Ditzy Imperial Noblewoman 2 every 100 yards on a planet.  It was like nobody knew how to successfully do their job without a Player Sith or Bounty Hunter lingering around.

I'm just doing class missions (Sith Warrrior is awesome), Space Missions, Exploring, and PvP, with Legacy bonuses.  I'm having more fun than I did leveling at launch.  That's for sure.

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

1/23/13 2:29:53 PM#38
Originally posted by Tigasnake

Since this guy was drunk, it's best to take his words with a grain of salt.  However, I agree with him.  His insight on one thing about how others check sites to see the best crew skill.  That's no way to play.  Look at a crewskill, choose it, and level it.  BAM, you chose something you wanted to do, not what everyone else chose.  I agree with that completely.  I chose Cybertech because I wanted to make droid and ship parts, not because Companion A has +10 to this and Companion B has +5 to that.  I'm sure those stats are nice to have, but they shouldn't force you to choose a certain combination.  

I came back to the game recently and I'm having a blast leveling.  Granted, I set rules for myself.  I'm not doing a single Side-Quest.  NOT ONE.  What killed leveling for me at launch was helping Wounded Imperial Officer 1 and Ditzy Imperial Noblewoman 2 every 100 yards on a planet.  It was like nobody knew how to successfully do their job without a Player Sith or Bounty Hunter lingering around.

I'm just doing class missions (Sith Warrrior is awesome), Space Missions, Exploring, and PvP, with Legacy bonuses.  I'm having more fun than I did leveling at launch.  That's for sure.

I've never understood why some players put so much emphasis on best gear,best builds etc. etc. Just play the damn game and decide for yourself what works best for you. It's what I say to every WOW kiddie in chat. 

My Bounty Hunter is a Mercenary. According to Elite thinking that is the worse character to play in PVP, yet I do very well and have a lot of fun with it. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

2 Pages « 1 2 Search