Trending Games | WildStar | Landmark | ArcheAge | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,984 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,451
BioWare | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 12/20/11)  | Pub:LucasArts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
42 posts found
  CatAtomic99

Novice Member

1/16/13 2:46:19 PM#41

I've never seen an MMORPG as linnear as SWtOR, and that's what drove me off more than anything else. You have very little choice in anything; where to go next, what to do-- you basically have one path to travel down, and that's it.

I tend to play these games solo most of the time anyway, so SWtOR's solo-friendly quest design was a bonus as far as I was concerned. But while I like to quest on my own, I don't like to live in a vaccuum. I enjoy player interdepency in other areas, like the market, tradeskills, etc-- and these things are really just obligatory fig leaves in SWtOR.

People play MMOs to make their OWN stories, not to be buckled into a seat and TOLD one. That's what single player games do, and while I absolutely love SWtOR's art design, class design, etc., it's just too "on rails" for me to enjoy for long.

Hell_Hammer

Apprentice Member

1/18/13 3:02:00 PM#42

My biggest complaint is the way the Flashpoints are handled.

There should be an option to play the story mode and then a mode to just run through the mobs and encounters.

After the first run, it gets very, very, very dull listening to the same dialogues and waiting on people to finish or skip their part.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search